A good day

J

jagrmystr

I had an awesome day on sunday with my "hunt'n pardner"
He found his first shed (one that wasnt planted by dad)
We were about 100 yds apart when I heard him holler "found one!"
Then he acted like he was trying to beat someone else to it, even though there was nobody else around.(I think we have all done than one) The kid was sure excited, he's hooked....bad!
48a1b7b52bb5195b.jpg

Then we went and shot some prarie dogs. I think he about wore out the barrel on that litte single shot.
48a1b7dc2d778055.jpg

Then we made a great find. I was glassing up in some rimrock for a buck and found this guy. What a pretty 6x6.
48a1b81e2f117256.jpg

We finally did find this guy. (potential victim)
48a1b83f312cbbc6.jpg

Plumb wore out. Me to. Sure was a good day.
48a1b86e32a81b6a.jpg

Looks like you and your pard are living the life! Great photos, thanks for sharing.

Great pics - all of them. And they tell a good story. Hope you get the muley in the picture, or better yet, your son gets him.

All the money in the world won't buy a day like that, dad.
Any chance you miss is one you'll never get back.

Awesome can't wait until my kids are old enough to go out. Were you able to keep the elk skull? That thing would be very nice to have at home to remind you of the trip.

Yeah...that's a great day!
Good for you Chad, and good for you partner also.
Enjoy those kids, they don't stay young forever.

That is one of those days he will never forget....Title should have been best day. Those are great pics, thanks for sharing them with us.

?We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect.? Aldo Leopold

Awesome pictures man - as has been said before - the little feller will never forget that trip.

Keep the Sun at Your Back and the Wind in Your Face

Thanks all. I think we have replayed every shot, every miss and every buck spotted at least a hundred times since sunday.
Its pretty cool when your young'n starts throwing down terms like bladed, killer beams, awesome fronts and starts discussing lengths of g2's and such.
Poor kid.....I think he has it far worse than I did at that age.
Its something that burns deep inside, when its lit, it will never go out.

Some of the best days of both your lives. nothing I love more then spending time with the kids outdoors. Good shot on the dog pard
Good Luck and Great Memories

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom