A good pit bull??

Roy

Cool story - hope the dog works out for them.

http://m.examiner.com/inspirational...it-bull-saves-a-woman-and-child-from-attacker

Angela was leaving the playground in Port Charlotte with her two year old son, when something unimaginable happened. An unknown man attacked them at knifepoint.
When most people see a stray Pit Bull running around, they get nervous, and even scared. Although on this day, he was Angela's guardian angel. A 65 pound male pit bull charged the man and drove him off.
?I don't think the dog physically attacked the man, but he went at him and was showing signs of aggression, just baring his teeth and growling and barking. It was clear he was trying to defend this woman,? Animal Control Lt. Brian Jones told Pet Pulse.
The remarkable part of this story is this dog had never seen Angela before, and selflessly defended them. The dog probably saved their lives.
After the man ran away, Angela grabbed her child and ran to get in the car to drive away, when the dog jumped into the backseat. They then waited for police.
Angela says if the dog's owners do not come forward to take him home, they will be adopting him. Angela calls him their "angel", which will be his name if they are able to adopt him.

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

Yup it is a cool story whether it was a pit bull or a schit zu.

Compromise, hell! ... If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?

Yep pretty cool... Bad thin is that a week later the pit bull could be chewing on the little boy..

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

I'm glad this worked out for those people. The first time I have ever been happy a pitbull was around. But I have to agree with Ropinfool and Snort. To me the only good pitbull loose on the street is the one with the 45 caliber hole between his eyes.

TUCC

LAST EDITED ON Mar-14-12 AT 02:10PM (MST)[p]9mm In the ear works pretty good to.
Couple weeks ago I looked out my kitchen window seen some red pit standing there staring down my 10 year old Shorthair, poor ol Daisy was cornered in the spot she was in, they were standing there staring at each other I new I better act quick, grabbed my 9mm by the back door, bout that time it started, my ol hound was yelpin' loud and clear, I stepped around the corner put the barrel in that pits ear BOOM!!! now me and Daisy had a good pit bull.:)

LAST EDITED ON Mar-15-12 AT 11:00PM (MST)[p]Good read & thanks for posting.

Guess which one won't let you in the yard?

IMG_0305.jpg

4678aec03a21ae00.jpg

both very nice looking pitbulls. but the simple fact is it's in their blood, you might not ever see it with your dogs, but they have been bred that way for 100's of years.

it's not MY responsibility to be careful of YOUR dog. if that little ankle biter happened to bite my kids, i'd probably kick of something. IF that pitbull happened to bite my kid, i would make sure it was put down for being a threat. you never know if the next time it will be killing a little kid.

again nothing against YOUR specific dogs, it's just part of owning a pitbull

PITBULLS ARE GARBAGE DOGS PERIOD!!!!!

Kind of funny you post this Roy. My latest experience or I should say my wife?s with a pit-bull was last night. While I was out working around the yard she decided to take her dog for a walk. About an hour later she came home crying. I asked what had happened and she told me she had been attacked by a pit-bull. Her shorts and shirt were torn, and the dog had broken skin. As the dog came after her she picked up her dog to protect it. Long story short I was at the house with the police department last night. I will update everyone later on the final outcome.

>Hope things work out rug. Sounds
>like another good reason for
>a CCW.
>
>
>TUCC

+1 Hope this story ends with a bullet in the dogs head...

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

>>Hope things work out rug. Sounds
>>like another good reason for
>>a CCW.
>>
>>
>>TUCC
>
>+1 Hope this story ends
>with a bullet in the
>dogs head...
>
>
horsepoop.gif

>
>Disclaimer:
>The poster does not take any
>responsibility for any hurt or
>bad feelings. Reading threads poses
>inherent risks. The poster would
>like to remind readers to
>make sure they have a
>functional sense of humor before
>they visit any discussion board.
>

OUCH Rug! Hope all is well. Yeah, I have seen quite a few "good" Pit Bulls in my life. Almost all of them ended up being put down because of their instinctively aggressive nature. I am sure if they are given enough love and training the can be great dogs but their instinct is to kill and if you trigger than instinct, the outcome is not good. I am very wary of any dogs that I don't know, especially around my kids, twice as much around Pit Bulls.

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

a good pit bull is about as probable as an intelligent UT grad!

Oh god I just called you dumb!

GUNS UP!

There is good in everyone and everything

>a good pit bull is about
>as probable as an intelligent
>UT grad!
>
>Oh god I just called you
>dumb!
>
>
>GUNS UP!

Yours truly,
HumbledHunter (stinkystomper's alter ego)
Mormons are Christians too

The Animal Control Officer is coming over Monday morning. Gawd forbid they work weekends out here.

The people who's house that the dog came from (backyard not fenced) claim the dog is a stray. While we were waiting for the police to show up a couple cars came and went in a very short time. Both pulled around back so we could not see.

Prior to that a guy came out and asked what we were doing across the street from his house, I let him have it. He said "we don't own a pit bull".

As my wife was getting attacked a women came out iof the house and called the dog back.

Put 2 and 2 together this is how I see it.

Their dog fuc ked up and now it's time to have it put down. Rather than doing the right thing they throw it in a car as to relocate it for a while and claim it was a stray???

Stay tunned this piece of chit dog will be ut down and the owners held responsible.

One risk you take when you own a pit is not if, but when it decides to bite someone. I wish she was walking my dog when this happened and not hers. I know she would not have been bit.

Best of luck Rug, I'm actually a big proponent of putting down a lot of pitbulls and we own three... too many people encourage aggression and have too much tolerance for bad behavior. As far as pitbulls go, they were actually bred and used throughout Europe as nanny dogs historically.. Only the last hundred years has seen them really bred poorly and with encouraged animal aggression, and too many thugs have gotten a hold of them.

I'd be more than happy to change your mind about the breed to meet any of our dogs. Happens to every person that meetsone of them.... There's a reason a lot of Vets love the breed. He'll just ask the dog whisperer about em....

Mike

Mike you make some great points. The trick is knowing the good ones from the bad. It's not just pits however when they attack more often than not their bite is worse than other breeds.

Take Labs for example, if I am not mistaken they account for more bites out of any breed? I have had several labs and not had a problem with any of them. Some may have different opinions?

Some may say that Rott's are the same as a Pit, I would disagree but that is my opinion. My pup right now is 10 months old and is a mix between a Rott and a lab. She has been a great companion and loves the mountains. :)

6977hac_1.jpg

Rugar, we used to own a rottie as well... great dog! My sister had one that was a complete idiot though. Total airhead and dumber than a box of rocks.

One thing I want to point out too is there are a LOT of cases out there where the media claims the dog is a pitbull, where in fact they are mutts. Sometimes they will be part pitbull, but its just something that is a pet peeve of mine. If you're going to talk about the breed, correctly identify the dogs you're talking about!

The point you made about when a pitbull does bite it is oftentimes worse is very true indeed, and a hard truth... just like firearms, when something goes wrong it can be a situation where you don't get any second chances.

My 8 month old pitbull "spud" is turning out to be a fantastic dog... He's actually gotten 'attacked' by two other dogs and each time he's quick to run away (one of them was a lab, and it was over food). Not dominant in any way and has the most personality of any dog I've owned yet. He and his sister were both from the dog in my first picture's litter whom we've owned for 7 years now.

Spud2.jpg

Spud.jpg

Mike

>here's one....
>
dead_pit_bull_48.jpg

>
>
>JB
>
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

I remember when you shot that SOB CUPSY!

Would that be known as a Bloody Brindle?

[font color=red size=redsize=18"face"]SHOW THEM TO ME![/font]
If You Love Your Country,SHOW THEM TO ME!

Hot Dog,Hot Damn,I love this Ameri-can

>>here's one....
>>
dead_pit_bull_48.jpg

>>
>>
>>JB
>>
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

>
>I remember when you shot that
>SOB CUPSY!
>
>Would that be known as a
>Bloody Brindle?
>
>
>
>
>
>[font color=red size=redsize=18"face"]SHOW THEM TO ME![/font]
>
>If You Love Your Country,SHOW THEM
>TO ME!
>
>
>
>
>Hot Dog,Hot Damn,I love this Ameri-can
>

2311idiot.jpg

Is the poor dog okay?

>>>here's one....
>>>
dead_pit_bull_48.jpg

>>>
>>>
>>>JB
>>>
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

>>
>>I remember when you shot that
>>SOB CUPSY!
>>
>>Would that be known as a
>>Bloody Brindle?
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>[font color=red size=redsize=18"face"]SHOW THEM TO ME![/font]
>>
>>If You Love Your Country,SHOW THEM
>>TO ME!
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>Hot Dog,Hot Damn,I love this Ameri-can
>>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
2311idiot.jpg

>
>Is the poor dog okay?

2311idiot.jpg

Is he asleep?

>>>here's one....
>>>
dead_pit_bull_48.jpg

>>>
>>>
>>>JB
>>>
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

>>
>>I remember when you shot that
>>SOB CUPSY!
>>
>>Would that be known as a
>>Bloody Brindle?
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>[font color=red size=redsize=18"face"]SHOW THEM TO ME![/font]
>>
>>If You Love Your Country,SHOW THEM
>>TO ME!
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>Hot Dog,Hot Damn,I love this Ameri-can
>>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
2311idiot.jpg

>
>Is the poor dog okay?

Good doggie

TUCC

>>>>here's one....
>>>>
dead_pit_bull_48.jpg

>>>>
>>>>
>>>>JB
>>>>
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

>>>
>>>I remember when you shot that
>>>SOB CUPSY!
>>>
>>>Would that be known as a
>>>Bloody Brindle?
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>

No he's not asleep... Z Roofied his Ass!!!
>>>
>>>[font color=red size=redsize=18"face"]SHOW THEM TO ME![/font]
>>>
>>>If You Love Your Country,SHOW THEM
>>>TO ME!
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>Hot Dog,Hot Damn,I love this Ameri-can
>>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
2311idiot.jpg

>>
>>Is the poor dog okay?
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
2311idiot.jpg

>
> Is he asleep?

someone mentioned labs being the breed with the most known bites. that may be true. a lot of dogs bite. a worthless a$$ pitbull however, will attack, and not stop. big difference people. p.s. steel-toed boots to the ribs is also very effective if your sidearm is not handy.

My cousin had a pit bull, he spent a lot of money having her trained. She was super obedient and very friendly. One day he brought her out to the ranch where something triggered her and when it was all done there were 4 dead goats and one pit bull. From that point on I realize it is in there blood and you never know when they are going to show their true colors.

"Life's tough... It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom