A heads up

DeerMadness

Long Time Member
MM has always been great for classifieds buying at least for me. I just sold and item and was paid via Venmo. And the buyer will receive his item.
What I want to share is on another Forum I made a purchase as Friday. The seller gave me the option of Venmo and PayPal. I chose Venmo and he was paid promising a tracking number by Saturday. That never arrived and he hasn't answered anything.
The real bummer is that he is head Admin there and has sold to people for years who vouch for him.
I could see that tons of people were asking about him. All the happy former buyers said they wouldn't think of any wrongdoing. So.....I got busy and spent a couple hours in serious pursuit of the truth. I talked to a company he had been a dealer for. Not good news!
Ok, so Venmo is ok if you are sure its all good. They won't recover your money like PayPal will though as I have already reached out . Be safe it isn't much fun to lose money whether it is hundreds or thousands. Mine was under 150.00 so I'm fine .

MM has always been great for classifieds buying at least for me. I just sold and item and was paid via Venmo. And the buyer will receive his item.
What I want to share is on another Forum I made a purchase as Friday. The seller gave me the option of Venmo and PayPal. I chose Venmo and he was paid promising a tracking number by Saturday. That never arrived and he hasn't answered anything.
The real bummer is that he is head Admin there and has sold to people for years who vouch for him.
I could see that tons of people were asking about him. All the happy former buyers said they wouldn't think of any wrongdoing. So.....I got busy and spent a couple hours in serious pursuit of the truth. I talked to a company he had been a dealer for. Not good news!
Ok, so Venmo is ok if you are sure its all good. They won't recover your money like PayPal will though as I have already reached out . Be safe it isn't much fun to lose money whether it is hundreds or thousands. Mine was under 150.00 so I'm fine .
Trudeau got it....

Venmo requires buisnesses to use a business Venmo account, which charges the buisness I believe 2.5%

CC charges are roughly the same.

Why would anyone buy from a buisness online that doesn't offer CC?

It is a gear Flea Market . People sell used or buy out closing businesses equipment and resell.
When all the chips fall I will share it.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom