A little close

BuckSnort

Long Time Member
I have posted these pics befor but I saw a few post concerning calling bears with predator calls and it reminded me of a little bear my bro and I called in a few years back. We had called in a few bears before but none this close.

We were slipping through an old burn area when my bro spotted this little bear about 80 yards downhill.We had the mid-day thermals going up the mountain so the wind was perfect.
smallbear.jpg

My bro just started lip squeeking and the bear responded and came up the hill. Before we knew it he was 20 yards away and still coming. We figured we would just sit motionless and see how close he would get. I love this pic,the full size version is awesome...
smallbear1.jpg

At this point it started getting intresting. The bear is only 8 feet away and is acting like he wants to jump on our rock and say hello.
smallbear2.jpg

My bro and I decided we should let the bear know what we were in case the bear got to close and we had to shoot it (we had bear tags but it was a little small) My bro and I both stood up at the same time and the bear really didn't know what to do. At first he thought about charging then got wise and did a 180 and down the hill he went. This is when he thought about charging....
smallbear3.jpg

horsepoop.gif

YOU GUYS ARE FLIPPING NUTS!!!!......but I just remember an incident I did one time. I was camped out in the summmer falling timber one year. In that business your on the stump right at daylight and go for it for a solid 6 hours before it gets too hot and usually back at camp by 2:00 to take a nice nap. Well after a nice nap one day I decided to take a little hike before dark and see a bear about the same size as that one pictured. I always heard they couldn't see very good and like you guys the wind was in my favor so I started sneaking. The bear was involved in tearing up this old log grubbing and I got within 10 feet of this guy and of course with a rifle at ready I'm standing there looking at him and he'd just turn and sway his head back an forth trying figure out what I was. I got nervous and finally Yelled as loud as I could and man that bear put it in four feet drive and blew out of there so fast...bark and wood and dirt was flying.... Some of the dumb things you do when your younger.

Great story & pics!! I agree that 2nd pic is really good, thanks for sharing again!
Mark

GEEZZZZ! I hadn't seen this the first go around. Thanks for post'n it up. What an experience, and amazing pictures to prove it!

I had a similar situation several years ago. I had been climbing this steep little mountain in the evenings getting myself in-shape for the early elk hunt. The hill is pretty brushy, I got about half way up the hill when I heard something in the brush. I couldn't see it so I climbed up on a stump and into a small douglas fir about 5 feet up so I could look into the brush, I expected it to be a deer. Low and behold it was a small chocolat colored bear. I gave it the pursed lip squeek like you would use to call your dog. He came over and put his front paws on the stump 5 feet below me. He looked at me about a minute and slowely turned and walked off. I would have loved to have the pictures to prove it like you did.

Very cool,
Coon

Cool Photos I did not see them the first time also and am glad you re-posted them Those are some VERY VERY cool photos congrads

UThunting
Clynt L Citte
Willard Utah

I agree , very flippen nutts! But pretty cool pics for sure. That is some seriously rugged looking country , dang it....Thanks for sharing em great pics and awesome story to go along....NM

It looks like a little Camera shake on the last photo...lol

You guys are a little nuts ;)

Thanks for sharing it again.

Later,
Vince

Glad y'all like the photo's. Thanks for the compliments.

Vince, LOL! your right the last pic was a little shakey.At 8' I was moving a little for my rifle,it was on the rock beside me:)

horsepoop.gif

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom