A Loss

Kevin D

I don't know how many of you knew Kevin Moore, but he was a hound dogger known throughout this area as one of the genuine good guys in our sport. I didn't know him well, but he was always friendly and easy to talk to. My heart felt condolences go out to his family. Here's his obituary:

Kevin L. Moore

Kevin L. Moore was killed Saturday evening while riding his horse on Knighton Ridge behind Causey Dam. He was familiar with this area and often enjoyed long rides with friends and family. His horse slipped on some loose shale, causing Kevin to fall 250 yards down into a ravine. The family is thankful that he died doing what he loved in the outdoors while riding with his friends. Kevin was born on September 15, 1956, to Lester and Elaine Harbertson Moore in Ogden. He is survived by his wife, Janet, his sons, Jon and Jason, his brother and best friend, Wayne (Chris), his brother Jay (Faye), sister Nancy, and his mother Elaine of Sunset. His father Lester died just over a year ago. Kevin met Janet in April of 1981 and they spent 25 years of good times and rough times together. Their relationship and marriage was like no other and Janet is grateful for all the memories of the fun times they had. Kevin helped Janet raise her two sons, Jon and Jason; both looked upon him as a father and a friend. He would have done anything for them and they would have done anything for him. Kevin taught the boys all about guns, hunting, dogs, camping, horses, and life in general. He worked hard at his job as a construction superintendent for Hogan and Associates for the last 15 years. He knew all aspects of the construction trade and prided himself on being a master carpenter, a skill he learned from his father. He has many accomplishments to his credit: Bridgerland Ice Arena, the Union Station Art Gallery, many churches and schools, and most currently, Syracuse High School. He took a lot of pride in his skills. Kevin was seriously injured in a motorcycle accident at the age of 19, forever changing his life. Kevin worked hard all week through constant pain to enjoy his weekends. He was always ready for an adventure. Kevin owned and operated Moore's Nordic Valley Big Game Hound Kennel in Nordic Valley. He successfully bred and trained many champion dogs. He had 12 dogs and f our horses. He enjoyed hunting cougars, deer, and elk and guided other hunters. Kevin was an outdoorsman in every sense of the word. He was ready to ride, hunt, camp, fish, ride ATVs or whatever the day might bring. Janet would like to express her deepest gratitude to Kevin's many friends who tried to help him and stayed by his side until Search and Rescue could get to him and to those that simply hiked in to see how they could help. These friends are forever in the hearts of Janet and her family for the courage and friendship that they showed their friend, Kevin, at the end of his life. Cremation will be conducted under the direction of Leavitt's Mortuary. Kevin's ashes will be spread in the mountains that he loved so much. On Friday July 22, 2005 from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. there will be a short memorial for people to pay their respects at Leavitt's Mortuary, 836 36th Street, Ogden. A celebration of Kevin's life and memory will be held at his home on Saturday, July 23, 2005, beginning at 5 p.m. Send condolences to the family at www.leavittsmortuary.com
Published in the Standard-Examiner from 7/20/2005 - 7/21/2005.

Kevin D.

Thanks for the post....My heart felt condolences go out to his family as well...Sure reminds us of how fragile life can be and how thankful we should be for everyday we have enjoying what we all love to do!

Kevin P

I met that guy in 99 down in farmington UT at there State Nite Hunt, he was showing several plotts if I remeber right, I just remeber how dark tanned and crippled up he was and thought he must be a pretty hard worker.

Hey Kevin,sorry to hear that...You know, if I have to check out,I would want to go out in the woods on a good horse in good country....Sounds like he was a good man......Coop

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom