a new life

oldoregon

Very Active Member
Well, its onle about 12 days away. It's been a long time coming to. Its hard to believe that I have spent the last 13 years going to school with the same 20 or so kids, gained a few, lost a few, but its been mostly the same group. Thursday is the last day of school for me, for the rest of my life. I can't hardly believe it... it has gone so fast the last few years, and from what I hear, things won't ever slow down. Im starting my life now, and to be honest that scares me. No more parents to feed me, or clothe me. Nothing is free anymore. I am very lucky however, to have the most incredible job in the world. Spending every single day doing the two things I love the most... Working with horses, and hunting. What more can a guy ask for? A loving wife, and a few great kids, which will surely come in time (I hope). I'm gonna miss being around friends everyday, but I am happy That I can spend every day in the wilderness- My next biggest dilema will be finding a winter job. Im thinking I might apply for a work visa in Austrailia and work in the outback in the off season. Any thougts on all this?

Later guys.

My advice-well if I could go back to 18 years old (and knowing what I know now, hind sight is 20/20 though), I would of waited longer before getting married. Not that I regret it but I could of done alot more things in life and had more money to do it with.
I would of finished college for my first 4 year degree, I at least ended up with 2 associate degrees. One in agriculture and one in electronics, what a mix huh?
As far as your high school friends, well for me I only stay in touch with maybe 3 or 4, just the good ones I like to talk and spend time with when I can. However I have made some really great new friends since graduating, lost a lot as well but cest la vie.
Take your time as far as getting married, do what you want and love and enjoy life. It's not that bad! Good luck with what ever you decide.

Congrats on the graduation. Ahhhhh, glory days.
See as much of the world as you can. If you can get to Australia, do it. Now is the time. The longer you go in life without doing those sort of things, the harder they become. If you stay in one place too long, you're bound to grow roots. Spend the next several years of your life finding out what it is you want out of it, then find a partner wanting to share that life with you.

I Agree...NO REGRETS! Do it now, bfore it's too late. I've lived that way since I left hom ewhen i was 19...and what a ride it's been. Done most of the things I wanted to do...(cept world traveling/hunting) but I've gone and done the things I've always wanted to do. Now...time to setttle down. You thou, go have fun. Live life...expereince things you know you wont get the chance to get later in life. Enjoy, be safe but most of all HAVE FUN! Congrats...on your new life.

PDUB...scott

Travel , hunt, have fun...DON'T GET MARRIED UNTIL ATLEAST 30!!!!. Don't get me wrong marriage is good but not when your still a kid. Congrats on your graduation.

Its scary for everyone that finishes high school to have to join the adult world all the sudden, with finances & education its always better to have & not want than to want & not have, the opposite is true with marriage however.

No chance for college to come into the picture? Sure would make life easier in the long run, with the extra $.
HB

I too agree with some of the folks here. Go out and live your life for a few years before settling down. Go out and travel, make it to the places you've always wanted to see. Hunt where you've wanted to hunt. I am 28 now and got married 3 years ago. Don't get me wrong, I do love my wife and my life as it is now.....but I guess it's a different kind of happiness. It will be much easier for you now to do the things you've always wanted to experience than it would be if you were married.

And for our sportsmans tip of the day: When you do decide to settle down....make sure you choose someone who also likes the outdoors. Life will be much easier for you year round during the 4 seasons (hunting, fishing, rack hunting, scouting)!

You can't support a wife and kids spending all your time in the woods. Go to school and get some kind of degree that lets you spend time in the woods and gets you paid for it. Even being a guide is part time. You will look back in 4-5 years and not regret it.

Need2hunt: I'm always "Rack Hunting" :)

muleyman

Get an education and look for a better paying job than catering to hunters for a living. You won't make any big money doing it and if and when you do get married, along will come the children to feed also.
Mind you there are some very successful Outfitters out there but as a "guide" on their pay it won't work.

Now if you should say become a Outfitter and go by the name of "United States O-O" you might catch them rich easterners.
Just joking with you OO, but seriously, think about a degree from a College or go to a Trade School, it will bring you a better life down the road.

Brian

thanks for all the great advice. all of you.

Im not planning on just guiding, I am going to raise and sell Spanish Mustangs too (maybe some thouroubreds, I like those a little to). I also plan on training horses, and maybe a little ferrier work, and maybe some saddlery to. I think I have it covered, until I get married, which I hope to marry a packer like me, so we could work together, and eventually get an outfitter liscense and go into the business ourselves.

Now when you say you would like to marry a "packer" I hope to god you ain't talking about anything like one of those muscle bound chicks that were posted up in on one of the forums awhile back?!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom