A Son To Be Proud Of

MEANTTOBBUCK

My son and I were on an archery elk hunt in 6B. Chasin bulls and having a good time but unsuccessful in closing the deal. We were riding down a road when all of a sudden we spotted a bow and quiver lying along side the road. We felt very strange and tried to think of what could have happened. We decided instead of having the hunter lose the bow we would pick it up and try to find the owner. It was certainly a great bow and would have been a great bow for my son but it wasn't his. So my son called Mathews and gave them the serial number. They gave Dan the owners name and number to contact him. I am proud of my son to do the right thing and we today were able to meet a fellow hunter and give him his bow back so he can go back to chasin bulls. Good job Dan!

Wild...my son and I were also in 6B when a frantic archery hunter came by our camp telling us of his lost bow story, possibly laid down accidently near Grade Tank on the 530A. Saw him several times driving up and down the road in his Jeep searching. What a great outcome, Kudos to both your son and you!!

Anyone would be frantic and Allen was so relieved when we were able to give him his bow. I talked with him several times later on the hunt. I have met a good friend through us finding and returning his bow to him. How did you guys do on the hunt?

No doubt! Glad things turned out positive. I had met him (Allen) the previous year, he had just killed a real nice deer with his bow...seems like a real good guy! As for out Elk hunt we were also unsuccessful but had a grand time and were able to spend some quality time together which is important to me these days and often difficult to do. Started off real good, Elk were bugling decent and then the rain came and slowed everything down for a few days. It picked backed up but still tough to get on the large bulls. Did however get on some good ones and had a blast doing it!

Great news I also got to speek to the bows owner after he left his bow. To say he was hartbroken is a understatement. Great to hear there are still some honest people out there. You definetly raised your boy right. On a side note did it seem like the rut never kicked off to you in 6b? We had one or two days where it looked like it was getting ready to go then nothing

There were days when it was good but I think we could have used a cold front instead of the rain. I guy I know described the 14 days pretty well. 4 days good, 4 days average and 4 days not good. The last day I could only spend a half day but where they normally were bugling in the morning it was silent. I went down to Howard Pocket and heard them in the canyon. I imagine that it would have been great the week after with the drop in temperature.

Ya that pretty much the way we saw it too. Lots of bugles but the bulls wernt with the cows. and by day 10 they shut up completely by us. I never have had the opportunity to hunt in the rut before so just wanted to get others perspective on it thanks

Very little rutting action from what we experienced. More of what I would consider pre-rut activity. Located 2 bulls that were pushing cows some and bugling until 10-1100 AM on two occasions. Some days nothing! Still got on elk but it took lots ok walking of course.

Friday, the day after the hunt was over I went out for a drive and heard bugling at 1030 AM, also spoke with bow hunters who did not realize the fun was over.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom