a story of utah archery proshops

M

muleywatcher

a story of utah archery proshops

My experiences with a few pro shops in utah, if theres no price tag in there shop and they dont know you dont buy it,
So I let my younger brother borrow on of my compound bows, takes in to local proshop to get a new module to change for his draw leghnth, A month later he brings it back to me, I am looking at it and the timing marks are way off so just for kicks I shoot the bow wow!! in a bad way
a very loud twang severe vibration in my hand thats holding
the handle, like swinging a sledge hammer and hitting the shaft viberate the heck out of yur hand, actually cracked the stablizer. so I take it into a different proshop than the one that change the draw for my brother, some scrauny high school pip squeek looks at the bow with a confuzed look and asks
me whats wrong with it? I say shoot it then you tell me, so he shoots it.... twangggg!!!! he looks at me oh! you need new axles LOL.
I say to the little guy change the module to my draw length
then make sure the string specks are correct and the timing marks are correct. so after about an hour of me trying to explaine how to fix the bow he finaly gets it and its all good.

So I decide to get 80lb limbs for my X-force hf, I go in to jakeslocal proshop I ask them to order me some limbs and string, cables so two months pass I call them and ask if they've recieved anything NOPE ,two hours pass the store manadger calls me needs to know what model my bow is LOL. So I give them my bow info for the third time. A week goes by and they call and its done, one of the head employees wont mention any names, says to me I tuned it my self and it is flawless paper tuned perfect bullet holes like eazy eazy,, so he puts the bow in my case and my dumb as forgets to check the bow over.
get it home and at first glance every thing looks fine drive down the street were I shoot I stick an arrow in the rest and I notice the bottom axle looks like its bent about an inch
the limbs are bent upside down U and cam lean like it is ready to derail I dont even dare shoot it, could come of any minute so I lower the poundadge just then I notice the rest is clear off the manufactures markes on the riser,there is no way this bow is tuned so I call them the next day there closed on saturdays so I call another local pro shop they tell me bring it down so I bring it down YEP there is some thing wrong with your bow! no kiddin! at this point I didnt care I just wanted my bow fixed
The owner asks me who worked on your bow ? I tell him who and I add they must have dry fired the bow or it slipped of the bow press because the bottom axle is bent like a horse shoe, he reply's no way they did that to you there good guys and they know what there doing and there my freinds its got to be the limbs, manufacture error (NOT) OK whatever just fix it so they call back, ya its going to be a week or two
before the limbs come in, so two weeks go by I get my bow back
go down pick up my bow, he replys oh we didnt paper tune the bow because its to hard to pull back I reply oh thats ok, takes a real man to pull back a bow let me see the bow so he hands the bow to me I ask him wheres the paper Jr. he went to set it up and as im looking at the bow and I notice there is massive cam lean on the top they got the buss cable and the control cable on wrong so they rub so I check the tiller (HOLY %$#^iN RETARDS)they cant even figure how to get the lean out of the buss cables UNTWIST the side that is pulling or untwist the oppisite side or a little of both, control cable on pse bows always goes to the outside of the buss cables WTF retards. so now I own a bow press and everything is great

RE: a story of utah archery proshops

Do you own a 09 x force. I do and both of them need serious work like you are talkin about. Can't believe pse would ship stuff out knowing it has major issue's.

Well I see quite a few problems with your story. Just to name a few. 1st you shoot a PSE, COME ON NOW, shoot a real bow son! They probably F*** with your bow on purpose. Second why the hell would you let some kid work on your bow? There are only three guys in the whole state that I trust with my equipment. "G" at Utah archery, go in during the day when he does not have so many irons in the fire. And Jeramiah at Wild arrow in centerville. They are both great, and have always taken really good care of me and my equipment. Third, your dealing with bow techs, not accountants. They are red necks, my favorite kind of people, might I add. But lets be honest, they don't always have their ducks in a row. You want something ordered, do it your self.

Ya I totally agree they should actually recal all x-force GX bows and change the cams so they shoot strait PSE should take some pointers from mathews, just like mathews took PSE technoledgy and aplied it to there bows. in a couple of years I think PSE will work out all the bugs they might be worth paying that kinda money for them. but I do know PSE is going to discontinue the GX cam, Does your sting wear out super fast?
I wish they would put a cable roller slider like mathews bows
but have it also slide? Ive been told by alot of people that the omen is super easy to tune and no problems. but who knows next year bowtech or hoyt might have a bow that is untouchable
for a couple of years. is your draw legnth 28 or shorter I know the shorter draw legnth x-force gx bows have more problems
than the longer draw ones. sorry about the ramble im all druged up on pain killers and beer Ya I guess the proshops ain that bad
dealing with poorly made bows, I am impressed though with PSE bow madness line

your story is exactly why I do everything myself on my bows.

>Well I see quite a few
>problems with your story.
>Just to name a few.
> 1st you shoot a
>PSE, COME ON NOW, shoot
>a real bow son!
>They probably F*** with your
>bow on purpose. Second
>why the hell would you
>let some kid work on
>your bow? There are
>only three guys in the
>whole state that I trust
>with my equipment. "G"
>at Utah archery, go in
>during the day when he
>does not have so many
>irons in the fire.
>And Jeramiah at Wild arrow
>in centerville. They are
>both great, and have always
>taken really good care of
>me and my equipment.
>Third, your dealing with bow
>techs, not accountants. They
>are red necks, my favorite
>kind of people, might I
>add. But lets be
>honest, they don't always have
>their ducks in a row.
> You want something ordered,
>do it your self.

Sorry it's taken so long to get back. I agree with everything you said and yes i have a short draw length. That's why i shoot pse for speed but if everything is out of wack why shoot it. As for Big G at utah archery he dosen't like pse that's why he dose't carry them any more. Hoyt and mathew's are great bow's and are very forgiving bow's for not your everyday archer.

I couldn't agree more, if you know how why let some yahoo work on your stuff. there's only one other guy that I trust and I still find myself over looking his work.

You need to see "G" At UAC he will hook you up like wapiti.... said go in when he is not swamped. After several similar situations to yours. I found UAC and will never ever change until he is not there anymore. There is not a soul who touches my bow other than just a handful of guys at UAC.

I could have had your bow tuned by the time it took you to write that novel. The only knuckle head I see in this story is you! But atleast you learned after getting burned 3 times. LOL

LAST EDITED ON Apr-16-10 AT 07:37PM (MST)[p]>I could have had your bow
>tuned by the time it
>took you to write that
>novel. The only knuckle head
>I see in this story
>is you! But atleast you
>learned after getting burned 3
>times. LOL

lol yep I am a dumbask for thinking these proshops know how to fix bows and archery equipment, I guess some of us are not born
with the knowledge u possess that archeryshops suck balls, and
the know how to fix the problem ourselves, or find some genius like u to fix it for us. took me three times and a buncha tinkering to figure it out but now I can be great like u

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom