Action Recommendation

Bwht4x4

Very Active Member
I just purchased a PROOF barrel and I'm looking for recommendations for an action. The barrel is a .284 caliber and I'm looking to build a 500-600 yard gun.

I've been eyeing the Defiance Deviant line. Any others I should be considering?

LAST EDITED ON Sep-27-19 AT 05:05PM (MST)[p]Defiance makes a good action but there are plenty of others also. Most custom actions are pretty well made. I like Lone peak, Borden and Gunwerks actions.
What cartridge are you thinking of building?

I personally think you can do much better than a 500-600 yard gun with a Defiance action and a Proof barrel... I have a couple guns built off defiance actions and love them. I recently built a 300 Norma off a bighorn tl3 action and really like it.

Coloradoboy

>I personally think you can do
>much better than a 500-600
>yard gun with a Defiance
>action and a Proof barrel...
>I have a couple guns
>built off defiance actions and
>love them. I recently built
>a 300 Norma off a
>bighorn tl3 action and really
>like it.
>
>Coloradoboy

The gun I'm trying to build would be a 1000 yard gun for most guys, but I don't have any interest in shooting that far. So why build it then...kind of fun tinkering around and knowing your gun is capable of a lot more. Builds confidence in your equipment too!

LAST EDITED ON Oct-04-19 AT 05:20AM (MST)[p]There are a lot of good actions, recently had a highly regarded smith tell me he can us Borden out of the box, but most of the others he has to re work the timing. Probably 15 customs out there you can't go wrong with

I can do a big list later if you like.

Don?t know why you would spend all kinds of money on a custom gun for 500-600 yards. Go to Cabelas and grab a Winchester model 70 and work up some good hand loads and you're done. Just me .02

>Don?t know why you would spend
>all kinds of money on
>a custom gun for 500-600
>yards. Go to Cabelas
>and grab a Winchester model
>70 and work up some
>good hand loads and you're
>done. Just me .02
>

That's no fun!

All comes down in to how you view your money well spent. Kind of like buying a corvette to drive the speed limit in, that a Camry can do just as well...

Coloradoboy

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom