Adi?s' Gonzales. . .

T

TFinalshot

His main man just quit him, is he next? I'll be he's gone before the the months end. . .

I'll bet you got a autographed picture of Chucky Schumer on your night stand, eh TF?

What has Gonzales done to impact your lifestyle, aside from being appointed by Bush that is? Just Curious.

>What has Gonzales done to impact your lifestyle, aside from being appointed by Bush that is? Just Curious.

Nothing, it's just that the libs show glee for anything that impacts this administration whether it's good for the country or not.

By the way, The Clinton Adminstration fired EVERY SINGLE US ATTORNEY, did that get you pissing in your cheerios TF ?

I don't think he did anything wrong but Gen. Peter Pace is catching a lot of heat for his comments on Gays in the military. He might not have the same job soon.

You guys are just like women, you think you can read minds. I never said anything about what I thought of the guy, only made a prediction.

I dont think he should be gone, i'm tired of people standing up for what they see as right only to be slapped down and forced out! I think he should stay. I think the administration will not take the pressure, the A.G. has lost the confidence of the media and they will just hammer him away.

I think he's done a fine job, I like the guy, so you guys that think you know me are just dead wrong, dead wrong. . .

I have to say, keeping in mind that I am a conservative on many many issues, TFinal is correct on this. Yes I have seen a number of posts by TFinal that lead me to conclude that I disagree with TFinal on many political issues. On the other hand I have seen enough of his posts to conclude that it is not that easy to predict what his view is on all issues. In fact there are times I have been presently surprised to have to admit that I agree with his position. So I would not want to try and speculate what his position is on any given issue. I think it would be better to wait and let him express his view, or you may run the risk of looking like a fool. At least that is my observation.

Yeah, the "Adi?s' Gonzales. . ." really made me think he supported Mr. Gonzales. or this Administration.

The fired prosecutor in Seattle wouldn't even investigate what is pretty much a clearly stolen election here. I can point you to some very solid evidence of it if you want it. This is deeper than ordinary political backstabbing.

It's not the firing of the Attorneys, it's the fact that the Democrats feel the need to launch an investigation into the reason for the firing, and then someone has to get fed to the wolves becasue of it.

Yes, let's not see if the law was broken let's just blame it on the dems. now that the whitehouse can't sweep everything under the rug with a majority in congress blocking all investigations government is running as it should be and always has. it's just been 6 years since we had a hearing on anything and what was that? Ken Star with Clinton's Hummer, you guys are a riot.

Clinton fired all 93 when he took office. No investigations, no "cause" offered.

As I understand it ( and if I'm wrong I'm sure I'll hear about it ) Clinton fired nobody. he ask for them to resign and they all did because that's the way it works. these were all done when he first took office and all presidents do it. the difference you're ignoring is Bush appointed them and then he or his slackies threatened them when they didn't hammer the dems as directed, maybe by Karl Rove it sounds. this is illegal and what Clinton did was a normal anministration change. you ever notice when one of your crooks gets caught all you have to say is " Clinton Did it too " well he didn't and even if he did does that make this right? we will see another investigation here and there may be criminal charges filed. I'll guess Gonzoles will take the fall to protect the higher ups, we seem to have a pattern here.

Don't misunderstand me.

I don't care for Gonzales. His handling, or mishandling rather of the border patrol case is an embarrassment.

It's the glee you liberals exhibit when anything controversial happens to the current administration that amazes me.

Whether it's good for the country or not, as long as you can take a jab at the current admin. you're happy. It's sickening...

EdleBrock, you hit the nail on the head, Both Dems and Reps go giddy over anything that happens to the other, that they totally loose site of the good for all Americans. I read the posts above and get pretty disgusted by the closed mindedness of both sides. Putting a knife in the back for political gain makes me sick. I wish there was a way to get rid of both parties and make everyone independant.........I know that is not practical, but this party line crap has got to stop.
How can you be a honest (there is a strech) politician and vote party line.....not possible, why? Because neither side is 100% correct.

There are only two types of people - The Hunters and the hunted,
I hunt.
Alchase

How many of you guys take the time to look up any information regarding what is legal or illegal. Did you know that it is codified in law that a U.S. Attorney can be removed at the will of the President?

http://www.usdoj.gov/usao/eousa/foia_reading_room/usam/title3/2musa.htm#3-2.120

3-2.120 Appointment

United States Attorneys are appointed by the President with the advice and consent of the Senate for a four-year term. See 28 U.S.C. Sec. 541. Upon expiration of this term, the United States Attorney continues to perform the duties of the office until a successor is confirmed. United States Attorneys are subject to removal at the will of the President. See Parsons v. United States, 167 U.S. 314 (1897).

This is simply a way to divert attention away from the fact that the Dems are still funding the war and at the level ask for by GWB. Gotcha politics and the partisan wrangling is going to be the undoing of our country.

Nemont

>>Gotcha politics and the partisan wrangling is going to be the undoing of our country.

No doubt...

Nobodys saying Bush can't replace them but it's hardly ever done by the president who appoints them. if the law was not broken then he has that right, we don't know yet. today John Sununu called for Gonzales to step down, there's fire under the smoke it would seem.

Once again NeMont shuts it down with facts and what do we get"

A comment about fire under smoke, perhaps a metaphor for a hunch, otherwise known as a guess. Not a fact. But we have come to expect that.

"One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

HD,

The only questions about the whole thing is the explanation given by the DOJ to the Senate. It does not matter if it was politically motivated or not.

My personal opinion is that the bigger problem that the FBI admitted they lied to congress and the White House about their use of personal information.

Gonzales will most likely be forced out because the sharks are smelling blood and circling. Gonzales is next, then Rove is the target, then the VP.

The political poison is going to only hurt the country. Eventually, perhaps in the next election their will be a Democratic administration how on earth will they be able to govern? Every move will have it's own congressional panel. Especially if the Republicans regain the senate.

Nemont

What facts? unless Nemont knows more than congress we have few facts. what we know is someone in this administration threatened and fired federal prosecutors and possibly broke the law. when it looks bad enough John Sununu says Gonzalas should be fired that says something is up. congress will be asking questions and I'll bet heads will roll, and someone in the whitehouse could have more egg on their face before it's over. no reason to go there though huh?

Sorry about that Nemont you were posting at the same time I was. What you said makes sense but don't forget the republicans did the same thing when Clinton was in office, it's poiltics and both sides do it. I believe if the law is broken it needs to be investigated no matter who did it, that hasn't happened for the last 6 years but expect more of it.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-15-07 AT 10:17AM (MST)[p]Do you agree that the President can get rid of any U.S. Attorney he chooses?

U.S. Attorneys are appointed by the President and can be sent packing for any number of reasons. They answer to the Attorney General who serves at the pleasure of the President.

The only question is what was told to the Senate. Some of these guys and gals were fired for not following the administrations law enforcement policies.

My point is that is the Democrats screamed bloody murder when the Republicans played this game with the Clinton Administration now they are doing it. What do you think will happen if a Democrat gets elected President? The Republicans will eventually take over the House or Senate in the future. What good is all of this doing. Meanwhile the Senate is passing bills that contain every dollar GWB asked for to fund the war and they are only placing nonbinding suggested time tables on it.

Nemont

"My point is that is the Democrats screamed bloody murder when the Republicans played this game with the Clinton Administration now they are doing it. What do you think will happen if a Democrat gets elected President?"

Nothing, litteraly NOTHING!

umm. T if a Democrat gets elected President and the Republicans figure out how to take back the Senate I think a New Democrat Administration will be placed under a microscope. This is like watching a bunch of little kids.

Maybe my point isn't clear. This process is destructive to the country. It is purely political no matter what anybody says. The firings were political, the hearings are political.

While the Senate is tied in knots over 8 U.S. Attorneys guess what isn't happening. No debate on the FBI lying to the congress and the White House, no debate on a meaningful reform to immigration, no debate on any looming crisis, take your pick.

Nemont

RE: Adi�s' Gonzales. . .

big ifs my frined, it's along way off! But, youre right what you say. And your also right that this is exactly the same that happened to Clinton (not defending him). The entire system was so captivated with the process that they did almost nothing else, the republican congress that is. I completely understand how it works nemont, remember, I live on 16th Ave, and work on Pennsylvania Avenue in DC. . . That does mean I know anything, but living and working in the midst of Clinton and the turn over of power to the current administration you cant help but notice a few things. . .

E mails tie Karl Rove to this mess and he will be called to testify . this could be much bigger than it looks on the surface so I wouldn't call it a witch hunt yet. Nemont I agree with your point about all this not being good for the country but lying and cheating isn't good either. this partisan crap does get old but I don't see any other way unless both sides police themselves and that's not going to happen.

This thing is heating up, Gonzales is toast. they'll cut him loose and hope that satisfies congress, I doubt it will. everyone involved has a memory worse than a bunch of alzheimer's pateints, they're stalling while they huddle up and discuss who remembers what and when. this bunch of clowns doesn't know what to do now that they have someone watching over their shoulder.

Good for you Alchase well said! Damn straight!

Edelbrock perhaps you have mistaken glee for disgust? No real American is going to take pleasure in faulty leadership or faulty government. I believe most people hope everyday that George makes good decisions and the country is healthy. To do anything less as an American would simply be self-defeating.

Skeptical Edelbrock you tell me? Torture? We don't torture, o.k. maybe we torture a little bit. No nation building! O.k. maybe a little nation building. No secret CIA detention centers! O.k maybe a few secret detention centers. WMD Slam Dunk! O.k. maybe no W.M.D. Cost of war 1.75 billion, O.k. maybe a little more
7th surge is the difference, O.k. we may need some air cav too.
Compassionate conservatism, O.k. maybe more conservative than compassionate. Brownie you're doing a helluva job! O.k. maybe you are not doing too good a job. I will fire any leaker in my administration! O.k. maybe I won't.

I could go a couple of pages, but I think you get the idea.

I really don't think it's glee when there are democratic scum bags like Sandy Berger stuffing his over-sized pants. When American troops die or Katrina victims suffer while awaiting rescue it pains and disappoints me as an American. I took no joy in giving China M.E.R.V. technology in the 90's, Waco, or Ruby Ridge and I don't believe a president has the right to shut down LAX for 2 hours while he gets a haircut.

Nemont is correct that while those in congress toil over an unexpected and perhaps unprecedented, possibly politically motivated legal termination of 8 Bush appointed Federal Attorneys, the congress isn't focusing on other pressing issues. Those dems in power probably will be trying go after Gonzales, then Rove and hopefully the V.P. I hope they are successful!

In the meantime Congress is not looking into the FBI's abuse of the patriot act. Who's supposed to make sure that the Patriot Act is correctly and legally performed? Who testified in front of congress that safeguards were built in to protect average American citizens?

If our soldiers are fighting for democracy and the American Way of life? Why is our government, a government based on laws, possibly violating the very constitution that we are currently sacrificing our best men and women for overseas?

Glee...hardly

Now that's the shizzzzzzzznnit, Forthewall - well said my friend. I've had those thoughts ratteling around between my ears for a long time - just could not spit then out. You done good my friend!

What you said about sums it up and as I've noticed completely shut down the neocons! I know what as not your intention, but there is NO way do argue with you, you are 100% correct in your post!

Thanks,

That was good FTW, you've got the righties putting on twin turbos and plumbing nitrous into their spin machine. every year they're in the whitehouse and with every scandal it takes more spin to stay in the game.

The questions we have in the Gonzolas case now will be will any of the Bushies memorys come back so they can remember ? do they all do too many drugs or are they that stupid? or could they just be lying ? no way they'ld never do that! or will they play the excecutive privilege card to avoid supeonas?

FTW,
You are right only I am a reactionary. Sorry that I should ever question anything. I will turn over the political debate to you all as there is nothing the right, republicans or any Bush adminstration official that has ever done anything correct ever.

Enjoy the new Democrat controlled congress,

Nemont

Wow.

Its hard for me to fathom I am reading support of left wing liberals on this sight.

Keep it up and your MM name will not be "Huntindude", it will be more like "usedtobeadude".

Politics will not change. We need to identify those who would hurt our freedoms and VOTE EM OUT!

Hooked on phonics, I don't think I'm supporting anything other than the truth. if the law has been broken those guilty should be held accountable, you disagree? if this administration invokes executive privilege on a matter that has nothing to do with national security that will be an admission of guilt, if Rove and the others testify we'll see what they have to say won't we? or are you afraid of where this is going ? vote out those who would hurt our freedoms you say but leave possible crooks in power if they fit your agenda. real clever, crooks are crooks no matter what party they're from. by the way I'll keep it up as long as I feel like it, or get banned which ever comes first.

Crooks are crook but Huntindude it never bothers you if a democrat does something crooked. Wonder why that is?

Nemont

Like what? I don't recall defending a dem crook and there's been a few. there's no other way than to go after every crook no matter what party they are from, DC is corrupt enough as it is . now that the dems have some power again and probably the whitehouse in '08 they'll be the ones envolved in most of the scandals I'd expect. somehow I doubt most of you would be for letting it slide then? it's just politics but it's also a way to keep them honest, or try anyway. as for Gonzolas today all Tony Snowjob would say is the whitehouse " hopes " Gonzolas can make it, doesn't sound real confident to me.

I don't know if there is a scoreboard for government corruption, if there were it's probably a tie. I think the problem is this eternal comparison of administrations past. Well so and so is doing this, but you know who did that.

As for the scoreboard, can't we all agree that it doesn't matter what the guy did before you replaced him at the company. I will never understand why politician are given "passes" when you know damn well if it were you, joe citizen, it would mean being fired, resigning, or jailed. Each individual President should be accountable for his and only his sole-performance. Failure should not result in job promotion, freedom medals, or a presidential no-comment since appeals are being filed.

I think it is every citizens duty to place all elected officials under the microscope. Wasn't that the whole purpose of our constitution? Blind loyality to party affiliation or "passes" only serve to discount this great nation and deminishes your responsibilities as a voting U.S. citizen

Dude,

I am not trying to voice support for this adminsitrations actions. Some of it I have liked, some not.

My point is sportsmen need to take a hard look at the left. They want to take away american tradition, because they know what is good for you. Guns are bad, killing little animals is bad. We will know this because they will say so, and when they do it will be with legislation eliminating our rights, priveldges and freedoms.

There is nothing wrong with being a Democrat, republican or whatever. Just be cautiuos in supporting those that would hurt our and our kids heritage.

How many PETA members do you agree with? Probably not many based on your nickname. Keep an open mind and dont get rabid about being anti-conservative or you will be standing next to them at the next inauguration.

Who really gives a crap about Gonzales? Next week it will be something else, either one side or the other. So what!

Focus on specific issues that affect you and vote the antis OUT! whoever they may be.....

You're right to a degree , some dems but not all are anti gun. this administration is anti public land and not great on environmental issues. niether party is 100% in line with what hunters or I myself want. as I've said before middle of the road is fine by me, not left or right.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-20-07 AT 07:45PM (MST)[p]I be darn, we found something to really agree on. those last three posts could not have said it any better. I guess we are back to passing the bottle around the campfire. Who was it that we are saving the bottle with the worm for?

RELH

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom