Advice for Jr Elk Hunt 411

lvgrizfan

If anyone can give some advice, I’m from Vegas, but my nephew who lives in MT put in for tags, he wants to start hunting, he’s 15, but has nobody to take him out, so he drew a cow elk 411 tag, I’m going to come up and take him out. Any advice for that unit or contact for any ranchers in that area would be great. If anyone needs advice for NV for Hunting let me know, hunted here for 34 years, but I’m not familiar with MT and that area, looked on onX , looks like a few big ranches, any suggestions Would be greatly appreciated.

Tom

How far in are you willing to go and pack meat out?
As far as I need to, Hunting in NV it’s always a packout, he’s young and I have good packs. Thanks for any help. I did find out today about the hunt roster signup, so I registered him up for a couple ranch hunts, not sure how the Hell they work, but I signed him up anyways.

That was a great move signing up for the hunt roster, but it can be pretty short notice and hard to plan for I hear. It’s easy hunting when/if you get the call, or so I’ve been told by people who’ve done it. I’ve got info on 411 from archery hunts that don’t require private access or trespass fees. Not positive if it’s legitimate for a later rifle hunt, but could be a good starting point.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Montana Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Mule deer, whitetail, antelope, buffalo, and prairie dogs on private ranch leases totaling about 100,000 acres.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail and antelope and manage our ranches for top quality.

Vargo Hunting

Top quality bear, antelope and free range bison hunts on the Crow Indian Res. Turkey and cougar as well.

Back
Top Bottom