Advice needed for Wife’s elk hunt

Ltsheets

Very Active Member
Hey guys,

My wife has 7 pts and is considering burning them next yr in WY for elk. She turns 40 in May and wants an adventure haha. I’ve been doing the typical research on gohunt trying to find some options and I’ve found some but I easily get frustrated with the NR wilderness rule. I guess do you guys have any recommendations for that amount of points or are there any general areas worth burning that many points on? I’ve only hunted deer in WY so far. Feel free to PM. I appreciate it.

Might be enough points for you to split and each get a general. Plenty of adventure to be had in the general elk units in Western WY.
Oh I’ve got 7 pts too but being we are NR, we will get more trips if we don’t burn our points at the same time. I’m not against a general unit if I feel good about the area. Just want a solid trip if we go.

Use your points and have your wife keep gathering points. In a few years use her points and your couple points to party tag and draw general. Then if she b***** out you still get to go elk hunting.

Use your points and have your wife keep gathering points. In a few years use her points and your couple points to party tag and draw general. Then if she b***** out you still get to go elk hunting.
Yes but I can’t use my points for her to hunt next year…

True you can’t change a women’s mind. 7 points is a tough spot to be in. Are you open to going special draw to increase the odds?
Yeah. Have no issues with the special draw but refuse to go guided for wilderness. That rule is criminal IMO.

You weren’t the OP or that thread. Why so offended?
Because of this garbage:
" The longer I’m a NR, the more irritated I get when residents complain about “how bad they have it.” Cry me a f***ing River…."

What residents are complaining? The OP? One guy?

Because of this garbage:
" The longer I’m a NR, the more irritated I get when residents complain about “how bad they have it.” Cry me a f***ing River…."

What residents are complaining? The OP? One guy?
Sending you a PM

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom