advice

P

pman

It's been over year since I shot my bow I am all over the place with my shots not hunting this year just want to shot better

NEW BOW GUY HERE......THIS IS WHAT I DID WHEN I WAS ALL OVER THE PLACE. I GOT ABOUT 150 DIFFERENT ADVICE TIPS, THEN IT BECAME CONFUSING !!!!

I NEEDED BETTER CONTROL OF THE SHOOTING PINS AS I RELEASED THE ARROW. I SIMPLY PULL UP OR DOWN WITH MY RELEASE (A LITTLE BACK PRESSURE ON THE STRING). THIS EASILY ALLOWS ME TO HOLD THE PIN EXACTLY ON THE TARGET. MY LEFT SIDE WAS NOT NEARLY AS TIRED AS BEFORE BECAUSE I NOW HAVE BOTH ARMS & SHOULDERS BEARING THE LOAD. I NOW SHOOT BETTER FOR A LONGER PERIOD OF TIME. THIS METHOD PROVIDES GREAT PIN CONTROL, THUS ARROW LOCATION.

NOBODY TAUGHT THIS, I STUMBLED UPON THIS BY CHANCE............LET ME KNOW IF IT WORKS FOR YOU..........YD.

Buy the book Idiot Proof Archery: by Bernie Pellerite
I hate reading but this book helped me out alot and I learned alot from it well worht it!

Its all about draw length, bow poundage, and stabilization
Get the draw length dialed to a 1/4". Set your butt on the floor legs out in front of you and if you cant pull it back your over bowed. Then put a stabilizer on that actually works and tweek it till your sight picture isn't shaking all over the place and you can't help but hit the dot every time.

who farted?

Its usually all about getting the basics back, at least it is for me whenever I don't shoot for a long time.

Shoot 20 yards for a while and that's it. If your having a bad day, put the bow away until tomorrow. Concentrate on the fundamentals, and don't go past 20 yards for awhile. Once your strength and basics come back, your groups should improve.

www.muleybulloutfitters.com

YD, good for you! I went out and shot this morning and thought about your tip. I like it! Your hunt must be getting close?

Eel

>
> NEW BOW GUY
>HERE......THIS IS WHAT I DID
>WHEN I WAS ALL OVER
>THE PLACE. I
>GOT ABOUT 150 DIFFERENT ADVICE
>TIPS, THEN IT BECAME CONFUSING
>!!!!
>
> I NEEDED
>BETTER CONTROL OF THE SHOOTING
>PINS AS I RELEASED THE
>ARROW. I SIMPLY PULL
>UP OR DOWN WITH MY
>RELEASE (A LITTLE BACK PRESSURE
>ON THE STRING). THIS
>EASILY ALLOWS ME TO HOLD
>THE PIN EXACTLY ON THE
>TARGET. MY LEFT
>SIDE WAS NOT NEARLY AS
>TIRED AS BEFORE BECAUSE I
>NOW HAVE BOTH ARMS &
>SHOULDERS BEARING THE LOAD.
>I NOW SHOOT BETTER FOR
>A LONGER PERIOD OF TIME.
>THIS METHOD PROVIDES GREAT PIN
>CONTROL, THUS ARROW LOCATION.
>
> NOBODY
>TAUGHT THIS, I STUMBLED UPON
>THIS BY CHANCE............LET ME KNOW
>IF IT WORKS FOR YOU..........YD.
>
>
>

YD. im not following what you mean by the 'pulling up or down' are you at full draw. what kind of release.

just trying to understand, im always up for trying something new to see if it helps.

Travis
www.RidgelineOutdoors.com

LAST EDITED ON Aug-29-13 AT 02:22PM (MST)[p] ORION......YES, AT FULL DRAW. YOUR PIN WILL GO UP WHEN YOU SLIGHTLY PULL DOWN, AS THE PIN WILL GO DOWN WHEN YOU SLIGHTLY PULL UP. IT DOES NOT TAKE BUT A SLIGHT AMOUNT OF PRESSURE EITHER WAY. MY DIFFICULTY WAS ALWAYS UP AND DOWN ON TARGETS.......NOT LEFT TO RIGHT. THAT IS WITH A CALIPER TYPE RELEASE.....................YD.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom