African Arrow Safaris Ellisars

Hunt4life

Anyone hunted with African Arrow Safaris? Leaving Oct 1 for about 15 days. Any input on does and don'ts, things to see while there? Suggestions on packing.

Thank you

I have hunted with them twice, first class outfitter. You will kill nothing but trophy’s.
harry and family are the best people you will ever meet. They will take good care of you and make sure your hunt is a once in a lifetime experience

I have hunted with them twice, first class outfitter. You will kill nothing but trophy’s.
harry and family are the best people you will ever meet. They will take good care of you and make sure your hunt is a once in a lifetime experience
Sounds like what we all think about the places we hunt. So many good people over there who go above and beyond for hunters. So us some pictures of animals you have taken with them love seeing other peoples trophies

Thank you very much sir.

dont over pack clothing as everyone always takes to much with them. If at all possible try and get out and do a spot/stalk on some animals. I would never spend a whole trip in a blind. Just booked my 7th trip going to 3 places and always take a gun and bow.

some will tell you other wise but if you have a list stick with it unless you decide you want to switch and dont fall for the that is so big you must shoot it and you dont want one. The old bs take what africa gives you is only if you want and can afford that animal. Dont take risky shots as you draw blood your paying. They have great trackers and some places have tracking dogs but a bad shot can end bad over there cost some money.

The biggest of all I can tell you is if something is not right or to your liking talk up and dont wait till your home to complain. They will do there best to make it right but need to hear from the hunter to do so. Enjoy the trip and have fun.

also if you have not thought about dip/pack or taxidermy do so know dont ever just trust who they use. check them out and make sure your ok with them also.

Last edited:
dont over pack clothing as everyone always takes to much with them. If at all possible try and get out and do a spot/stalk on some animals. I would never spend a whole trip in a blind. Just booked my 7th trip going to 3 places and always take a gun and bow.

some will tell you other wise but if you have a list stick with it unless you decide you want to switch and dont fall for the that is so big you must shoot it and you dont want one. The old bs take what africa gives you is only if you want and can afford that animal. Dont take risky shots as you draw blood your paying. They have great trackers and some places have tracking dogs but a bad shot can end bad over there cost some money.

The biggest of all I can tell you is if something is not right or to your liking talk up and dont wait till your home to complain. They will do there best to make it right but need to hear from the hunter to do so. Enjoy the trip and have fun.

also if you have not thought about dip/pack or taxidermy do so know dont ever just trust who they use. check them out and make sure your ok with them also.
thank you for the info. do you have any suggestions on dip and pack?

swift dip 90 day turn around time once your stuff is there and paid. then they are at the shipper to be sent. I have not used them because I have my stuff mounted over there but have had friends I know use them. They only do dip/pack and that is why they are so fast.

whats on your want list for your hunt?

swift dip 90 day turn around time once your stuff is there and paid. then they are at the shipper to be sent. I have not used them because I have my stuff mounted over there but have had friends I know use them. They only do dip/pack and that is why they are so fast.

whats on your want list for your hunt?
thank you.

want list is Kudu #1 Impala, (both my wife and i) Warthog Baboon, Sable. My let my wife shoot a Kudu as well.

any suggestions you might have?

I think i sent you an pm the other day.

sorry I did not get a pm.

Kudu,warthog and impala are for sure animals to take. I would say blue wildbeest is a top first trip anima also.As for sable I think they are to easy to hunt over there for the most part. all raised and stocked and will be around the food or water for sure. It is one of the few animals I have not shoot yet because they are just to easy in SA. Could of hunted as many as I wanted as all places have them any more. The price is right now to hunt one if you want one though for sure. I would do the sable spot/stalk to make it more fun.

I love bushbuck and nyala if they fit your budget. And if you like and are ok with taking one a zebra to me is africa. I have hunted 8 zebra and hunt one each trip. For some reason not everyone is ok hunting zebra. Waterbuck is another favorite but not everyone likes them

I would tell you get a price sheet if your on a budget so you know what each animal cost and keep it with you. Also dont be scared to ask if he has any better pricing if you take more animals. does not hurt to ask he will say yes or no. Also look at pictures of animals you may want so you know general size of each.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom