aggresive outfitters

H

huntinAZ

Hi everybody, i'm new to the scene and really like the site so far. ok so here's what i got, drew a cow elk tag for the late rifle hunt up in unit 10 and got a couple people at work saying that they've heard of outfitters running solo hunters out of the area saying "it would be in your best interest to find a new area"

has anyone else heard anything to this effect? as i was planning on going to the back half of the unit and dont need to step on anyones toes.

thanks

You should be OK if you treat others with respect. Make sure that you are on Public Land or have permission if you are on private. I wouldn't worry about outfitters. If they give you any problems, report them to the conservation officers and the outfitters association. You have just as much right to be there as they do. Use common sense and respect others if they beat you to "your spot" and you should be fine. Good Luck Hunting.

Make sure you're on public land or have permission ( if private) and you should be fine. They're more concerned with Bull hunters usually. If you get any grief call the AZ game and fish because it's illegal for any individual to interfere with the lawful hunting of game especially if they're not a tag holder! If they're there first (good advice above) move on to another area. If they're hunting they have the same right's as you and deserve your respect. If not and they're interfering with your hunt report them!

If an outfitter told me to find another place to hunt, I'll tell him the same thing he told me. If he wants to fight I'll do some UFC moves on him.

I am not sure what you mean by the back half of the unit? northern half western half?? Anyways I just got home from there and can probably help you out. HAve guided hunters in the unit over many seasons. Give me a PM and I will try and answer any questions you have. As far as the outfitters/guides some of them are bozos and I wont get into names but they think that since they are getting paid they own that part of real estate they are on. Anyone doing this should be reported to any game and fish officer as they will make it a point to follow up. G&F are looking to take down any unscrupulous guide or outfitter and I personally hope they do, big money makes big idiots. Ten is a huge unit so I wouldnt worry toomuch about it especially in the Late hunt.
Bugler

If you get to a spot first, you have every right to be there and should not feel threatened or intimidated to move on. If you are hunting and come across someone else in a spot, then the courteous thing to do is just keep walking.
As Bugler said there are some Bozo's out there, but if it is public land then nobody has anymore right then the next guy to be there. If a guide or outfitter told me it was in my best interest to move on I would gladly put down my weapon and ask them nicely to make me move on. Telling someone to move on "or else" is like drawing a line in the dirt.

Snapshot I agree. Last year I had a guy beat me to my own tripod I set up. He even closed the gate in front of me to get some distance when I was less than a 100 yds behind him. He even knew it was my tripod. I ask him to get out and he told me it was public property and it was against the law to interfere with his hunt. So I decided to do some varmint calling about 50 yards away and scared off a nice 28" 4x4 buck. He then walked over to me and told me to leave because I ran that buck off. I told him I was on public property and if he interferes with my hunt I'll report him. He called his guide and left. I got my tripod back and never seen them again.

I always believed that you should do unto them as you would want them to do to you . Doesn't always work that way, some hunters get real crazy over deer and elk hunting. But I believe in carma. Good luck !

I just spent a week there and didn't have any trouble with anyone. Ran into several people scouting elk and everyone was real nice. There was an airplane flying around lower than it should have been though.

My response would be " It would be best for you to turn tail and run." If they still persist, that is when the right and left hooks come into play. Nobody has the right to try and run some one out of anywhere that they are at legally!

Not outfitters, but a similar experience. On the second Saturday morning of the archery elk hunt before first light, I had a couple of nobs in a pickup about run me and my cousin over on a road we were walking in on. The guy was revving his motor and finally said out the window "we're trying to get down the road here" I turned around and said "so are we". He kept up the revving stuff until he was right on our heels, when I finally got off the road and told him "you're a little late to the party aren't you bud!" as he drove past like a jerk. Twenty minutes later the guy was driving back out. So much for all that BS.

Maybe someone else can explain what difference it makes whether we were walking down the road or driving. If I was in my truck and driving at the same speed I was walking, the guy would not have been able to force his way around us! Again I ask, what difference does it or should it make if we were walking or driving? To me, common courtesy would have been to turn around or park where/when they came across us. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I spoke to some other hunters and found out that these two jerks are actually Gilbert Police Officers. I hate having to make judgements on guys like this, but I feel sorry for the citizens of Gilbert with two complete pricks like this walking around with badges and guns. If they're going to pull crap like that out in the woods, imagine the nonsense these guys get away with on the street.

I'm glad they never got out of the truck.

Nick

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom