Air Rest Info.

StickFlinger

Has anyone tried out the touchless air rest? Does it work as the adds says? Does it hold up in adverse condictions? It looks like a great idea but I'll have to try one to beleive it.

I have personally not tried it, but talked to a friend of mine who thought it sounded like a great idea so he tried it. The rest was very noisey, because the arrow contacts the rest untill you are at full draw, then the magnet in the end of your shaft takes charge. Other than the arrow contacting the rest and be noisey it worked. The device in the end of your arrow also adds more weight to your arrow and was causing his grouping to be inconsistant. But that is the only experience that I have had with the rest, was a friends information. I personally use the drop zone fallaway rest and love the way it preforms. I would not use anything else.

No personal experience. I was talking to a guy who saw a video or web page that they tested it. Unless the insert metal is perfectly centered it will pull to one side. I guess the ID of the arrow shaft created all kinds of problems depending on the arrow used. It also takes two to three seconds for the arrow to stop moving on initial draw. If you move the bow the arrow will again vibrate for a few seconds after the bow stops. The idea is awesome, but the arrow support would be only a microsecond before totally into free flight.

The special inserts you have to buy are heavy and will change your FOC. Also, they are a bit expensive and not very long. Therefore, if you happen to relax and creep while at full draw as you are waiting for a shot, the arrow will leave the magnetic field and fall down.
I also like the concept, but has a few too many problems for me to even consider hunting with it.

Lien2

There are much better products on the market that work well. Since archery accuracy is about consistancy how can you predict at what level or position the tip of you arrow will be when you release. The longer the distance the more this effects your arrows flight. The arrow floats by the force of the magnet and I can't see any way that is consistant since terrain changes, people move, and the wind blows and your arrow is floating around during all these movements. Whats out there now minimizes the majority of these issues and if your draw is consistant lets your arrow leave the bow at a more consistant height.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom