Alamo

Ed

Does anyone her know if the store at Alamo sells minnows? Sorry for the fishing question but my son and I are heading up on Sunday for a few days of fishing for crappie.

Try this

Jim's & Bea's Bait & Tackle
Wenden, AZ
(928)859-3819

I think this is the store at the boat ramp.

Is that ethical?

Ed, the ranger station there usually does sell minnows. And they did start up there new store so I am sure they will have some. If you get on AZG&FD website you should be able to get the number to find out. Let us know how you do. Im about to start hitting Alamo as well. Usually spend as much time there as I can March through early june.

If quizzes are quizzical, what are tests?
th_Nuke.gif

Hey fugitive thats alot of TNT you got there. I hope thats not how you fish :D

My son and I are leaving in the morning and coming back Wednesday. Last year we used mostly minnows trolling for crappie and caught a few. We also caught a few bass on the minnows. This year I added some different crappie jigs and plastics to mix things up. I'll report when we get back.
Ed

mesquite, dont tell anybody but if you look close you can see a big catfish get blasted up on the lower right hand side of the blast.

Ed, keep us updated on how the fishin is goin. Can't wait to get over there and catch some cats and crappie.

th_Nuke.gif

Well, we just returned and the fishing was great. Two days of fishing minus yesterday afternoon due to high wind resulted in 24 crappie, five slot LMB and four unders. Green 2 inch plastic grubs with matching 1/16 oz jig head caught every one. We planned on fishing for cats and brought all the gear but were having great luck on crappie.

Sweet. Heading out there next weekend but just for a 4 wheeler ride. I have friends that pretty much live out there this time of year so maybe I'll have to run my poles out before I go.

For the ride we are leaving from my house. (Bagdad, AZ) and taking dirt roads all the way there and coming back on dirt from the other side of the lake. Its a fun 2 day 126 mile trip. Can't wait.

aufvqq.jpg

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom