Alaskan Guide Model Tent

Broadside_Shot

Does anyone have and use this tent. I was thinking of buying the 8 Man tent for this fall. I was just wanting to hear some of the pros and cons. I have a family of six and was wondering if it would fit all of them. Basically if it is worth buying

LAST EDITED ON Jul-07-10 AT 12:35PM (MST)[p]Great tent! Used an eight man tent for years. Get the vestibule for gear storage. This is a heavy tent.

These are great tents. I have the 4 man, as well as a 6 man version. My hunting partner has the 8 man. These tents will withstand just about anything you will encounter, certainly with the family in tow. They are somewhat heavy, definitely not a backpacking type tent, but great for horseback hunts or camping near the road. I have used them on extended hunts in alska, WY, MT and several other states.

The six man tent handles two cots real well, and all the gear for a couple guys. The vestibules are great for storage and to help keep the tent clean and dry.

The 8 man allows for three cots easily, with a fourth cot being a tight squeeze. The only way you will ever get your whole family in one of these tents is to sleep on the ground. I'm not sure I would ever want that many people in one tent, but these are great, durable, well made tents.

Bill

I hunted out of the 8 man for many years and the tent is almost bomb proof. One year in Colorado we got an 18 heavy snow dump and the tent held up better that the surrounding trees. I think you can hunt with three guys in an 8 man and that is about it. That would be with gear. It is a great tent and well worth the money.

I recently upgraded to a 12 x 12 alaknak. It was about the same money and is another great tent. I bought some outdoor carpet for the floor on the inside and with a wood stove I can now camp in a warm tent all year long.

Only if you are concerned about weight, and I doubt you will be carrying an 8 man in on your back. I have the 6 man with fiberglass poles and they have worked just fine. As stated be sure and get the vestibule.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

i got the six man and love it i sweat at night during hunting season in the damn thing havnt had any problems with it plenty of room holds up in bad weather pretty good even with fiberglass poles

best thing is brother in law bought and never used it so i got it for free

I've had the 6 man for about 12 to 14 years and its a great tent. In the 6 man you can sleep 4 adults if you're really good friends and its just the right size for two adults with all your hunting gear. I don't have the vesitbule but wish I did. The tent has with stood 50 to 60 MPH winds and lots of rain storms with never a drop of water leaking inside. I did have to have a zipper replaced after about 6 years. Make sure you practice setting it up in the yard before you attempt to set it up in the dark or in a rains storm, cause it can be a little tricky the first time or two.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom