Alaskan Moose

BearCat

Thought I would throw up my 2010 Alaskan Moose that I shot with my buddy Ernesto this year. If you want to hear more about it jump over to the Hunting Adventure and look under The Great Adventure.

BearCat

PS it is just under 70".

7243alaska__200.jpg

WoWWWWWW!! Is he really a blonde or is that just the light?? I don't think I have ever seen one like that, beautiful!

Pred

LAST EDITED ON Nov-01-10 AT 05:25PM (MST)[p]Holy moly! Did ya bring the dozer to drag that sucker out) that is way cool!

I have shot a few moose and seen blonde to dark black. Awesome animal. Some people are addicted to mule deer I would say I am addicted to moose hunting if it was not so expensive. I remember making nine trips through the $hit tangle to get my last moose back to the lake. Fun times but it sure looks good on the wall. Congrats.

I'll bet that little guy was easy to pack out! LOL

It's a beauty for sure. The antlers are HUGE! I want one.

Congrats on a great bull.

Zeke

Wow that brings back some memories. Some good and some bad. WTG on a great bull. I remember the excitement of killing my Alaskan and then the memory of "What the H do we do now that he is on the ground"? Especially since mine and my brothers are both on the ground. The memories of the bear getting my brothers bull buried in one evening and the packing etc. Wish my back could take it and I would love to have that problem again. Congratulations on a great bull and I am sure memories that will last forever!!

Thanks everyone it was a GREAT hunt and I only posted it on here cause sometimes people do not read the HUNTING ADVENTURE forum.

Anyway yeah it really was that blond with light brown and white highlights!!! It was crazy as the only black on them were the feet and belly. It really shocked me, but my buddy kept telling me to NOT look for a black moose and I kept thinking yeah right.

I can say that without my friend, I might still be there packing out. I was hauling 75-80lbs where he was hauling 120-135lb each trip. If he was not there I would have done more like 60lbs as it was just too much to do more than a trip a day at that weight. We got it out in 6 trips (3miles one way), but we did not take the cape as I hit the bull in the face and cut his whole side up. It would have take me probably 10-12 trips.

I seriously wanted to call the transporter and have him fly a couple of packers in--the stupid things that run through your mind when you look at that much meat is CRAZY.

Yep the memories will last forever as I doubt i will ever get to do it again. But for those that do get to--it is VERY addicting.

Thanks again
d

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom