Alpen Optics?

SWINGBOW

Anyone know anything about the Ranier 10x42's? I just ordered some sight unseen (got a smokin' deal) but don't know what to expect.

expect a headache..........

jb

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
--Benjamin Franklin 1759

Alpen make GREAT products. Their warranty can't be beat either. I sent in my broken spotting scope and had a new one back in 2 weeks.

Unfortunately many don't know how far technology has gone these days. The common conception is that if it doesn't start with Swaro or Zeiss or Leica it's all c#!p. The japanese and chinese have taken computer controlled machinery to new levels, you will very soon see many binos competing and possibly surpassing the fab 3. Some will scoff, but those who do are ignorant to what is going on in the technological world. At $1200 + the new Alpen high end line is pretty nice, and yes made in Japan.

I had a 65% off certificate and talked to a few people that said they were great. They were actually a gift for my little brother. I got them yesterday and was really supprised how clear and bright they are (see other post) The only complaint I have is they feel heavy. I honestly wouldn't have spent $1200 on them that is more than I spent on my own Zeiss 10x40's. And you couldn't be more wrong about the too much money thing. Might be right about "not enough sense" though. My brother could have cared less about his new binocs I wonder if I could give them to charity? lol

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom