Am I a crybaby or not ??

NMboltripper

I don't want to be political.

I dont' want to be a whiner.

Here's my story:

Nov. 3 1000am. I get a wild hair up my butt that I should try for a late seaon elk tag. I get online and EVERYTHING is "chosen." I'm slightly annoyed, but such is life.

I see that you must have paid for your tag within 15 minutes of "choosing" it. I decide to wait til 1015 and see what happens. At 1014 I start to tap like crazy on the last hunt (Unit 37, APRE/6) archery elk. 1015 rolls around and I'm still tapping my mouse like a wild man. BAM! I get it. Oh crap, now what?

I decide, what the heck, let's give Unit 37 a try. I bowhunt and I love chasing Wapiti. I pay for my hunt and I'm done. My receipt pops up and it says bag limit -- ES !! Either sex, now finally NMDGF finally has a clue in life.

This same late season archery elk hunt last year tagged 0 !!
That's right last year NOBODY got an elk. So I figure NMDGF has seen the light and will allow ES for this hunt.

Today- I get my license in the mail and low and behold--the bag limit says APRE/6 !! WTH !!

My sadness; my receipt says ES and my license says APRE/6.

Am I just being a crybaby or should I get over it, go hunting, odds are 0% of getting one and just have fun??

Pull me back to reality. Tell me what you think.

Thanks for listening to my rant.

-Mike

canyonwell said it best. I havent drawn in the regular draw in 2 years and have gotten the 34 tag last year and this year. Have no grand dreams of killing that 6x but will love to be in the field trying like there's no tomorrow for 5 days. Best of luck and enjoy the time away from the normal

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom