Am I missing something?

UtahMountainMan

hey guys, fellow utah hunter here. Am I missing something here? Can GROUPS apply for LE bull elk hunts? personally I have 3 more years left on my waiting period.

Could my brother with 2 points combine with my cousin who has 3 4 points? Lets say they put in for the central mountains manti archery LE tag. It takes like 6 points to draw that tag.

If ONE of them draws would they both get LE tags? Are their points averaged? How does this work?

Thanks in advance

Yes you can apply for LE elk tags in groups. They average the points and round down. If your brother has 2 and the other person has 4, they go in as a group with 3 points. If drawn, they both get tags. If one returns a tag the other has to as well or the one who turned it in loses any points they had as if they had hunted.

The problem is that there needs to be enough tags available in the unit for everyone in the group or nobody draws.

----------------------------------------------
http://andymansavage.blogspot.com/

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom