Am I missing Something?

K

ktc

I do not watch much news, but it seems immigration has become a hot topic in the little news I do watch. What are the Latino's griping about? They wave Mexico's flag and feel as though they are criminals as they protest in the USA? Protest what!?!?! They are illegal and are here against the law and they don't like it? The one's that are legal are mad because the rest of Mexico cannot come here for free? What the hell is going on? Am I missing something? By the end of the year I need a passport to visit Mexico and Mexicans want to just come here and stay at will?

I feel like my country is being invaded illegally. Maybe someone can fill me in so I can see why Latinos have a good reason to protest. I am not against someone wanting a better life, but go through the red tape and do it legally? I hate Bush, but geez, he is catching flack for securing borders? Isn't that his job?

Someone please help me to understand.

Appears to me that you understand perfectly. The USA is screwed now and still being screwed by all our corrupt and career politicians.

JB

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
--Benjamin Franklin 1759

ktc!!!

YOU DIDN'T MISS ANYTHING!!!

I'VE BEEN CALLED A RACIST THOUGH!!!

JUST TO REFRESH A THING OR TWO I SEEN WITH MY OWN EYES!!!

I'M COMMING ACROSS STRAWBERRY A WHILE BACK,I SEE THIS TRUCK WITH A LICENSE PLATE THAT READS M.A.D.D.!!!

AT FIRST I THOUGHT IT WAS MOTHERS AGAINST DRUNK DRIVERS!!!

WRONG!!!

ON HIS BUMPER IT SAYS:MEXICANS AGAINST DIGGING DITCHES!!!

YA IT PI$$ED ME OFF!!!

HE'S GOT THE NERVE TO COME UP HERE(PROBABLY ILLEAGALLY) & BEACH ABOUT WORKING!!!

NOW EVERYBODY CALLS ME A RACIST BECAUSE I MENTIONED THAT IF HE DIDN'T LIKE IT HE COULD MARCH HIS LOWLIFE ARSE BACK TO MEXICO!!!

YOU'RE RIGHT,WE'RE BEING INVADED BY ALOT OF ILLEAGALS!!!

ONCE THEY'RE LEAGAL THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO START PAYING USA TAXES,DO YOU THINK THEY WANT TO???

ONCE THEY HAVE ENOUGH MONEY STOCK PILED THEY'RE HEADED SOUTH,MARK MY WORD ON IT!!!

YA,THERES SOME GOOD ONES,I'M NOT KNOCKING THEM ALL!!!

WHY THIS STATE ALLOWED THEM MEXICAN FLAGS TO PROTEST I'LL NEVER KNOW???

BRING BACK THE MINUTEMEN!!!

BUSH THINKS THEY WILL ALL BECOME LEAGAL,HE'S GOT ALOT TO LEARN!!!

THE ONLY bobcat THINKING WE SHOULD SEND THE ONES WHINNING ABOUT DIGGING DITCHES & PROTESTING BACK ACROSS THE BORDER,YES SEND THEM HOME,I GUESS YOU DON'T HAVE TO DIG DITCHES IN MEXICO IT MUST BE A BETTER PLACE!!!

D13,

I was hoping to hear a good reason for the protests. I was also hoping my ignorance was not good reason to be irritated by this. Guess not.

bob,

There is a huge difference between racist and wanting a secure and protected nation of the citizens and their rights. Should I protest on German streets if I decide to make my home there undetected? Collect a wage, benefits, and mire down the government programs? It makes me ill watching the gangsta's and homies protest on SLC streets. These kids are supposed to be in school! Or in Mexico! The Mexican President is opposed? If that makes me a racist then so be it. I hope all people of all color can have the best life possible, but not illegally at the expense of the American taxpayer. Maybe Mexico's president could work on a better economy for his people?

This is outrageous.

I really dont like that they are flying their RED WHITE and GREEN FLAGS IN THIS COUNTRY. I think maybe they should burn their flag in protest if they want to be in this country.

If they want to fly a flag here it better be RED WHITE and BLUE.

Nate

Illegals are SERIOUSLY screwing us out of health care.
Hospital emergency rooms cannot refuse service to anyone.
The Mexicans use the emergency rooms as their primary health care, mostly to deliver their onslaught of offspring.
Anyone know what it costs to deliver a baby?
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
The hospital is losing it's ass paying for all this and jacks up the prices.
Those of us with employer or union funded health care keep getting take aways and larger co pays because of this.
You ask any employer what his biggest expense is and he will tell you "workman's comp insurance and employee healthcare benefits"
There are now so many illegals in this country now I think it is beyond repair.
Our quality of life is slipping away and nobody is doing a damn thing about it!
I'm pissed.
HH

Oh, and a sidenote?
Yesterday, "Ceasar Chaves Day" here in Ca( yes, a new state holiday),All the Mexican kids that attend the same school as my 13 year old marched out of class and rallied outside of the school as a sign of protest.
I understand that this happened in a lot of places.
WE ARE SO SCREWED!
HH

I hear a lot of them are on Welfare, and SSI, without having to work a day in their life's here in the good ole USA...

If this is true can you blame them for wanting a free ride..?..

I know not all are on Welfare and SSI, but something is wrong here, my dad was an immigrant from Europe, he came here in the early 50's, but he learned the language first, and became a US citizen the old fashioned way legally!...

I don't consider myself rasist at all, so there are more then just latino's illegally in the State's...

There have been ongoing protests/march's here in Salt Lake City. I was also a bit peturbed by them flying their Mexican flags, and chanting "Viva Mexico!". If they are such fans of their country, why aren' they living there.

On humorous thing I saw....a group of students walked out of school and were protesting, one of them was holding a sign that said "STUDINTS FOR EQUALLETY". By the looks of their spelling, they wouldve been better off staying in class that day!! :)

TUFF

Well, let me chime in here.

This whole situation sucks. Pardon my French.
These kids that are "protesting" have no clue. Most of these kids were born here anyway, so they have nothing to gripe about. They just want to show pride of where they "came" from. Try to get one of these kids to work a job that a true migrant worker does, guess what, they won't. It's tough labor.

What HH said about hospitals is true. Believe me, it isn't just having babies either! Accidents, operations of all kinds, cost big bucks. These illegals just give a fake SS and guess what, it's free. Where is the pride and honor in that?! This really pisses me off because it gives the old school immigrants that came here to work hard and better themselves a bad rap. These day's seems like all you see is the trash that knows how to work the system. They have lawyers too! Disgusting.

I used to enjoy going to the Mexican markets and seeing the foods that you could only find in Mexico. There was great atmosphere and friendly service to humble customers. Know why the customers were humble? Because they are here illegaly and can't speak or learn english! Now I go to these markets and all I seem to get is attitude. They still are illegal too. Plus, you get the tough guys that pack heat. That's right, those Sinaloans that come and are genuinely up to no good, carrying pistols. BS.

I've recieved many e-mails to skip work on the 10th of April. Apparently there will be rallies and protests and what not. Stupid, let's bite the hand that feeds you. To tell you the truth, I wouldn't mind going. Just to try to sell people cars and mortgages. "Si Se Puede!" means "Yes You Can!"...well guess what?! Yes you can refi your mortgage with me! Yes you can buy a used car from me too! These guys won't know what hit them!! The ONLY Chef trying to make a buck from this fiasco!

These new school immigrants needs to wake the heck up and get right. Don't act like the victim when you are the aggressor. I might sound racist and those who know me know better!

I hate ignorant people.

That is all...carry on.

Chef

I agree with you manny about there being more than just mexicans in the country illegaly, but they are the only ones protesting in the streets and waving flags from a different country. They can protest themselves back across the border. In my opinion if you want to protest in this country you need to be a citizen. 1shot.

What gets me is we are over in Iraq sacrificing American lives and spending untold amounts of money trying to kill some towel head with a grenade launcher that has a range of about 1/2 mile (like that's some big threat to the U.S.). And then stand by and do almost nothing to prevent a real terrorist from comming in from Canada or Mexico.

I'm sure you've all heard about the Minuteman Project. The group of volunteers guarding the borders. Well, I got this picture off Fox News. I think it might be Prism down there scouting out a good place for a Coues hunt!:)

442fea3164a44341.jpg

We have a rare case here where I agree with all you guys. but here's the problem, many of the jobs these people are doing Americans WILL NOT do. I am a farmer and I can tell you if I paid $20 an hour I couldn't get any high school kids or unemployed welfare bums to change hand lines or work on a garlic harvester. it WILL NOT happen. Bush seldom has anything figured out but on this one he does, he wants work visa's so workers can come work and then get the he## out of here, the only answer other than getting the welfare bums off the couch and that's not going to happen. as much as I dislike it we need these people to keep our economy going and I'm not just talking about agriculture, any low paying grunt job.

THAT IS Prism!!!

HE TELLS EVERYBODY HE'S GOING DOWN TO PROTECT THE BORDER & AT THE SAME TIME HUNTS COUES!!!

THERE AIN'T NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT!!!

THE ONLY bobcat ACCUSED OF BEING A MINUTEMAN,THATS O.K.!!!

LAST EDITED ON Apr-02-06 AT 10:22AM (MST)[p]Many good points brought out here, but this problem is HUGE and will be affecting all of us (regardless of what state you live in) in one form or another. It just happens to be affecting California more now and in a bigger way(at least 7 million illegals), and it is getting more press. But, it will be coming to a state near you very soon. The 12 milllion illegals are not all in California...
It is mostly about MONEY... Big business of all kinds paying as little as possible, paying no taxes, social security, workers comp or liability insurance, other wise these illegals would not be coming here in the first place, they get paid manly CASH under the table. And it is very good for big business or it wouldn't continue to be happening. They are getting a free pass from government, rememeber NAFTA?
This issue is multi faceted and is not just about cheap jobs in farming, picking strarwberries. I am in the building industry and the same problems are affecting us as well. Most younger people (mainly legal white middle class American born citizens)today are just plain lazy, they just do not want to work, period. I would pay $20 and hour gladly, but I can't get them to show up two days in a row clean and sober, especially Mondays. So, the jobs are going to those who will work hard and work for less...
The border problems have been going on for decades and nothing has been done nor will be done, because it is good for business. See the above...
All big business stands to profit as long as the situation remains static, insurance companies stand to profit charging higher rates to us law abiding citizens to cover all those illegals who drive without any isurance at all, the medical industry stands to profit more because they charge whatever they to us taxpayers since the illegals get free social handouts, the schools stand to profit because more illgal students coming means more teachers, more administrators, etc, etc, etc... It's simple economics... They come, we pay...

President Bush, as well as every stinking politican in office today is to blame for not doing anything about this problem. And if there were another 09/11/01, today they alone would be responsible, for it happening. Why would they want to change anything? They like it the way it is. They like all the new voters... Look at the senate and house's worthless watered down bills being proposed to supposedly do something. And look at all the partisan bickering going on. If they wanted to stop this National security issue they could in a heart beat. They just won't any time soon...
If you want to see where the problem lies, just follow the money... Right up to those gold plated corporate offices and the Senate or House chambers, as well as the White House... It's all there for everyone to see, if you just look

Stop Global Whining...
If anything is going to change it will be at the ballot box and we need to vote these dumbies out of office. If they are not doing their job of protecting us all.
And talk to your kids, they are the future and right now they don't look too bright...

easymoney,
I think we're on the same page but what's the answer if not the work visa? the lazy welfare bums and stoners aren't going to step up and take the jobs so nothing gets done and we can't live on high tech alone as some believe. as far as national saftey the Mexicans that have worked for me can hardly drive a car and would destroy any weapons before they figured out how to use them anyway, I doubt they could be much of a danger to anyone but themselves even if they wanted to. if a terrorist wants in this country they most likely will come in legal as they have before or come through Canada, that's a cake walk compaired to the US. Mexico border.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-02-06 AT 01:34PM (MST)[p]Very good points! The sawmill I work at continues to hire more and more non-citizens (mostly Mexicans). They show up every day. They work very hard. Never refuse overtime. And the vast majority of them are really good people. They are very respectful and friendly despite the communications barrier.(all speak some english, at least enough to get by). In short they want a job and are willing to work.

A few months ago management hired 10 "white" guys. Within 7 days not one remained! And it's one of the better paying jobs in our area. And starting Jan.1st the company started doing drug screening for new hires. Now very few "whites" even apply. It is really very pathetic.

But, like Bobcat said most aren't interested in becoming citizens. One guy I work with closly has been at the mill for about 10 years. Just recently he purchased 7 acres (or hectors?) in Mexico near "his town" for $35,000. The land has 2 houses on it which he now rents out. In about 5 years he says he will have enough money to retire and will move back with his family. He's about 35 now.

Steve

Great post guys. When I was 15 I was working for a major orchardist company here in Wenatchee. STemilt Growers. I was swamping cherries 6 days a week, 50 hours a week, and started at 5:30 AM every morning. I was the only white kid among a good 300 workers. Made a lot of really good friends, and truly missed it when the season ended.

Most of these families come in from Mexico, and work the agriculture harvests from California, working their way clear up to WA as the seasons are sooner in the south, and later the farther they go north. They start I think in April-May sometime, and work north. Ending sometime in October with apple harvest. Then they head back to Mexico for the winter with their money.

I do not blame them for doing this. Hell, if I was Mexican, i would be doing the same thing, just trying to earn enough money to support my family (How many of you are doing what you can to support your family?). It's true, our agriculture wouldn't survive if the migrant workers stopped coming. Though there is a problem, as they are taking $$$ out of our economy at the same time, not having to pay taxes and such. I know many of them had fake SS numbers...etc

I do however have a problem with those aliens living here year round, taking advantage of our systems, and protesting them at the same time. It's BS as we all know and agree on.

Michael~All Gods creatures welcome... right next to the mashed potatoes and gravy.

Steve, just to put things in perspective...

It is called a hectacre and is equivalent to about 2.79 acres.
Not a small parcel of land your friend bought for $35K.

Chef
"I Love Animals...They're Delicious!"

One thing many folks don't know is most employers incuding myself do full withholdings on them including social security, the ones that turn out to have fake papers many times don't get a tax refund and most will never get the social security that they pay into . most do take advantage of our social programs though. I'm not defending them but it should be known most pay taxes, it's to risky not to do withholdings if you were caught the feds would hang you. I'm sure under the table paying goes on but I think it's rare by bigger employers .

Chef, thanks for the clarification on hectacres.

Huntindude is correct. I've been told that the first thing an illegal worker does is purchase a fake SS card and sometimes a drivers license.(easily available for about $50) They all work and have taxes and what not with held. Come tax time they can't file of course so many of them just quit and move on to the next job and do it all over again. The IRS books must be in a shambles, something they never mention of course.

When you hear about the horrible working conditions in Mexico it's easy to see why so many take the risk. If I had to work in the fields for $7.00 a day in Mexico, I would probably be taking a swim too.

If they want to come here and work fine, but they need to pay taxes. The thing that irks me is that they get free health care and other services that we have to pay for. Our tax dollars are paying for illegal, non-U.S. citizens healthcare. How screwed up is that? If they want to be here they need to respect our country and culture. When you're a guest somewhere you are suppose to be respectful and show courtesy and they aren't even guests, they're illegal! I just can't believe our government is willing to cater to them. Some government officials want to make them all legal! Why?! Why can't we have a government that has half a brain? I mean where do they dig these guys up?

Oregonbowhunter!!!

THE GUYS NAME IS BUSH!!!

NO MORE BUSH,RIGHT Rut???

THE ILLEAGALS HAVE NO INTENTION PAYING ANY TAXES!!!

THEY USE SOME INNOCENT CHILDS SS NUMBER & CLAIM 9 & MARRIED!!!

YA,TELL ME THEY'RE PAYING TAXES!!!

THE ONLY bobcat THINKING A MINUTEMAN MIGHT BE A WAY OF LIFE!!!

You're right they all claim at least 6 kids . some get in on the earned income credit which doubles thier tax refund but I don't know if the wet backs can get in on that or not. I agree they should keep quiet and keep a low porofile, thats what most outlaws do. it ticks me off to see outlaws protesting with thier Mexican flag in the US. that's just wrong.

It is an epidemic that is costing the country a lot of money. From healthcare, to education, it is going downhill fast. I think that by making anyone here illegally into a legal entity, then they have a way of keeping track of who is who and which ones are raping the system. That way, if they break the law, they go to jail and not just back across the border.

This thing is irking me too. Looking on the news the protesters chant. I understand what they are saying and basically stating that they are not criminals, they deserve respect, and if they get sent back, they will come back to the U.S. Stupid.

Chef

Well,
I'll throw in a little bit here too. I also participated in the infamous bumper sticker thread and I admit that some of the things I wrote were perhaps a bit rash. I will try not to do the same here. I will just start off with one idea right now, but may chime in with more later. If there were no illegal immigrants here right now what would happen to the economy? Illegal immigrants provide a lot of work that needs to be done that others are not willing to do. Also, there has been quite a bit of talk here about how much of a burden illegals are on the system (i.e. healthcare etc.) I am not argueing this, but one thing that has not been discussed is how much money these people put back into the economy. It is true that many of them send money back to their home countries, but they spend a lot here in the states. Just something to think about.

I spoke with one legal immagrant today at work. Years ago he was caught and sent back twelve times before he finally sneaked in for good. He eventually received a work visa.

There are a few Mexicans who honestly believe the illegals have a RIGHT to be here. After all it was the U.S. who stole California from Mexico. Their reasoning not mine.

The really sad thing is that Mexico could be a modern well to do Country if it wanted to. Too bad its people can't ban together and make the necessary changes. They have great climate, oil, fertile land, and the biggest Mule deer in the world!:)

Steve

locofife!!!

ARE YOU GOING LOCO???

THEY ARE NOT,HAVE NOT & WILL NOT PUT ALOT OF MONEY BACK INTO THE ECONOMY HERE IN THE U.S.!!!

THEY WILL SPEND THE MINIMUM TO SURVIVE & THE REST GOES BACK TO MEXICO TO BE TRADED IN FOR PESO'S!!!

I'VE WORKED AROUND HUNDREDS OF THEM,I DON'T NEED SOMEBODY TELLING ME DIFFERENT!!!

YA ALOT OF THEM ARE HARD WORKERS!!!

THEY NEED TO GET LEAGAL OR GO BACK HOME!!!

THE ONLY bobcat STATING THE TRUTH FOR THE MILLIONTH TIME,YA I KNOW SOME OF YOU CAN'T HANDLE IT,THATS O.K.!!!

I just finished doing a twenty page research paper on the effects of illigal immigrants in the United States. The sad truth is the US economy would go into recession without illegal immigrants

LAST EDITED ON Apr-04-06 AT 10:32PM (MST)[p]And who is going to buy all of the Cadillac, Lincoln, Ford, Chevy/GMC SUV's and turn them into high dollar lowriders with top money on paint and wheels??

It's unbelievable how many are running around here in this town where I live, how about southern CA and I'm sure it is this way in Phoenix & Tucson too.

Brian

My favorite part of all this crap is that you see all of these illegals waving Mexican flags and saying to the media that the southwest states should be returned to Mexico. Well, if that were the case, wouldn't put all of the idiots right back into Mexico?? The dumbasses should think before they speak!!

I'm not all that into politics, but I sure do know all about Mexicans as I live in Southern California. A friend of mine E-mailed this to me. Pretty amazing especialy the date

"In the first place we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the man's becoming in very fact an American, and nothing but an American...

There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag, and this excludes the red flag, which symbolizes all wars against liberty and civilization, just as much as it excludes any foreign flag of a nation to which we are hostile...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

--Theodore Roosevelt, 1919

We, all as legal taxpaying American citizens are screwed. If any of the presented ILLEGAL entrant bills is passed. We are going to be paying more and more. It is not about higher priced strawberries, it is about the periferal social benefits that we provide. It is about our insurance permiums, it is about our health care costs, it is about our National Security...
SECURE THE BORDERS TODAY!

Stop Global Whining

A Somali arrives in Minneapolis as a new immigrant to the United States.

He stops the first person he sees walking down the street and says, Thank you Mr. American for letting me in this country, and giving me housing, food stamps, free medical care and free education!"

But the passer-by says "You are mistaken, I am Mexican".

The man goes on and encounters another passer-by. "Thank you for having such a beautiful country here in America!" The person says "I no American, I Vietnamese."

The new arrival walks further, and the next person he sees he stops, shakes his hand and says "Thank you for the wonderful America!" That person puts up his hand and says "I am from Middle East, I am not an American!"

He finally sees a nice lady and asks suspiciously, "Are you an American?"

She says, "No, I am from Russia!"

So he is puzzled, and asks her, "Where are all the Americans?" The Russian lady looks at her watch, shrugs, and says..

"Probably at work."

Why can't Mexicans be firemen?

Because the don't know the diffrence between Hose"A"(Jose) and Hose"B"

Why doesn't Mexico have a great olympic team?
...because everyone that can run, jump, or swim
is already in this country!

Chef

Another upside......Our lunchroom at work always smells like Taco Bell on steroids!

Plus someone is always leaving to go visit relatives in Mexico. If they like you they will bring you back some Viarga for about 1/2 price! (not me of course!:))

Steve

Now the republicans just proposed a bill to make all of the outlaws who have been here for 5 or more years legal and those who have been here less than 5 have to go to the border and check in and then they're legal. I've said before we need them to do the work lazy Americans won't do but once they are legal most will be lazy Americans, just great. I shouldn't blame the republicans for this as both sides screwed this one up.

Dude what's you're problem with Bush...did he cut some of you're subsidies or are you worried he's going too fine empoyers who hire illegal aliens? LOL!

Here's my thought FWIW. We Annex Mexico. If they are not ammenable to that, we invade it and take it for the the 51st state. Exploit there massive natural resources, increase the tax base.

Our Southern Border would be just south of the Yucatan Penninsula. Very small stretch, easily fenced off.

Temperate climates and massive coastlines on both sides of our new state would be an attractive alternative to the baby-boomer Kalifornians that are moving in droves to the east, driving the real estate prices to obscene levels in the rocky mountain states.

Nobody thinks of this though. Maybe I should be President?

Good idea JimNV. Either that or I'm thinking of taking a vacation in Mexico. Once down there I'll lose all my identification, and sneak back in to the U.S. as an illegal, and start living the good life!

Juan

Juan, LMAO!! Now that's funny!

Michael~All Gods creatures welcome... right next to the mashed potatoes and gravy.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom