An opinion on gun control

6251regan.jpg

So if we can't own sawed off shotguns why can we own assult weapons? what's the difference?

Stay thirsty my friends

We can owned the equivalent of a sawed off shotgun. An 18" barrel is better than a 10" barrel and I have one in my house. That law was to prevent morons from using a hacksaw and not much more.

We can't own assault weapons, apparently you didn't read it. See the whole section on assault weapons, then report back

18" barrels are not considered sawed off, cut an inch off of it and then what does the law say?

I didn't say we could or couldn't own assult weapons, nobody knows. only the supreme court can decide that.

The point is there are guns we can't own without advanced licenses, my guess is the assult rifle will join them.

Stay thirsty my friends

"...why can we own assult weapons?"

"I didn't say we could or couldn't own assult weapons"

And just the fact that you are still referring to them as assault weapons in this thread, about this blog, shows you didn't actually read the blog.

This is an idiot discussion. It doesn't matter how many restrictions we put on honest people. Bad guys will always get and have the type of guns they want. We can't stop the flow of drugs or illegals. What makes the government think more gun laws will curb gun violence. We don't need one armed guard in every school. We need one armed guard and any teacher willing to go through some training and proper procedures, to conceal carry. I am a teacher. I know most teachers wouldn't want the responsibility, but some would. One armed guard would not be alone. And the bad guy wouldn't have a clue how many good guys are coming to back up the guard, or help out if all hell breaks loose in the next room. My school has 4 different buildings, with kids spread out all over the place. A lot could happen before anyone that could help even knew something was up. Where ever possible, I think it's time to put up a prison type fence around some schools, with only one entrance and exit point. That's where security should start. Our school has so many doors that need to be left open to allow students to move from one class to another, it is impossible to make the campus half way secure any other way. It wouldn't solve everything, but it would help.

>
6251regan.jpg

As proud of Reagan as I am for being a Californian, he too instituted several fairly severe gun control measures.
Wasn't all roses with him either...

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/opinion/readersrespond/bs-ed-reagan-letter-20120210,0,1471722.story

"As governor of California, Ronald Reagan signed the Mulford Act, which prohibited the carrying of firearms on your person, in your vehicle, and in any public place or on the street, and he also signed off on a 15-day waiting period for firearm purchases. After leaving the presidency, he supported the passage of the Brady bill that established by federal law a nationwide, uniform standard of a 7-day waiting period for the purchase of handguns to enable background checks on prospective buyers. He urged then President Bush to drop his opposition to the bill"

>>
6251regan.jpg

>
>
>As proud of Reagan as I
>am for being a Californian,
>he too instituted several fairly
>severe gun control measures.
>Wasn't all roses with him either...
>
>
>http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/opinion/readersrespond/bs-ed-reagan-letter-20120210,0,1471722.story
>
>"As governor of California, Ronald Reagan
>signed the Mulford Act, which
>prohibited the carrying of firearms
>on your person, in your
>vehicle, and in any public
>place or on the street,
>and he also signed off
>on a 15-day waiting period
>for firearm purchases. After leaving
>the presidency, he supported the
>passage of the Brady bill
>that established by federal law
>a nationwide, uniform standard of
>a 7-day waiting period for
>the purchase of handguns to
>enable background checks on prospective
>buyers. He urged then President
>Bush to drop his opposition
>to the bill"
>
>

Well? at least you know all this up front, here in Oregon I've been waiting to get my handgun for two weeks and still no answer, just a maybe by January 4th...

so they're implementing a waiting period without it put into legislation?

I spent 2/3rds of my life in Cali and never was turned down for any firearm? this is the third time in Oregon though, slick?

Uh mannnny.....

They want to make it difficult for nutcases to acquire weapons. That is a good thing. Do I need to explain further? Sounds like they have you pegged.

The theory the only way to be safe is to make sure everyone is armed makes as much sense as saying the only way to have a safe world is to make sure every nation has nukes.

We don't need Rambo guns anymore than we need sawed off shotguns or full auto's in every home. 99% of all leagal experts predict the supreme court would uphold a ban. it's not a matter of if a ban is inacted it's a matter of when enough votes are available in congress to pass it. given the republicans platform is sinking I'd say that ban will be a reality in about two years and one month when the dems sweep the midterms.

Better hoard them why you can. this argument is a waste of time.

Stay thirsty my friends

We just got back from the movies and for the first time they were making public service announcements before the show telling people to report suspicious activity. It's the Holidays and 3 times before the movie in different spots by different individuals it was aired.

The last message had the DIRECTOR OF HOMELAND SECURITY Napolitano telling people to have a safe holiday season but to please report any suspicious activity.

How many times in the history of this country has that happened?

Why would they make an ad for a public service warning??

Within the last month we had a post office in Casa Grande AZ blown up by a terrorist from the middle east who was on the Homeland Security's watch list and had committed a crime but wasn't deported. When they went to the guys house he had more bomb making materials and came in through Mexico. Did you hear about it where you live? It's true and now the guys in custody. So now we have another issue, is he a lone wolf or part of a cell. In any case he set off the device. Luckily nobody was killed but it blew the hell out of the Post Office. Why in the hell would they target Casa Grande?

Things aren't as rosy in the big city's as they are on back street small town rural America.

We even have ads being run in theatres now telling us so, funny how they're spending money making ads to tell us there are threats and you're thinking you know more and are working on disarming us. I think the police realized they were over gunned decades ago and went to carrying long guns or M16 or M15's in their cars.

I don't understand why you think it's OK for our government your guy OBAMA to allow arming vicious cartels with AK's & M15's to kill unarmed people yet we can't arm ourselves with them for protection. My My what hypocrisy.

"I don't understand why you think it's OK for our government your guy OBAMA to allow arming vicious cartels with AK's & M15's to kill unarmed people yet we can't arm ourselves with them for protection."

huh?

That makes less sense than asking me what an assault weapon is when you can find the definition yourself. If it made an ounce of sense then I'd love to respond. You know me.

Are these vicious cartels law abiding citizens? .....before they become vicious cartels of course.....?

More info please. LMMFAO!!!

So based on your liberal logic it's ok for your government to arm cartels ILLEGALLY but deny your fellow citizens the right to arm themselves with the same weapons. See Zigga those weapons have shown up on crime scenes in AZ and Mexico, and a few other states.

That is what happened wasn't it, it's a matter of public record and an ongoing congressional investigation. Fast & Furious ring any bells?

That's not a HUH that's a fact and one you can't get away from. Amnesia, or is it the old I don't recall angle?

Why is the government slow to do anything about the mentioned issues? They allow these things to happen so they can use it as political fear monger ammuniton to sway the public, with their end goal to turn this damn country into an unarmed police state, thats, why!

Bump

If you haven't read this yet, please do. You WILL NOT regret it, I promise. Very well written and near impossible for any sensible person to argue with.

Proof that we are a nation of idiots who lap up the latest hysteria from the media then on to the next crisis. That is good as Obama will hit a hornets nest when he does try to push gun control. It will be a tough fight but my bet is he will not get much done on this one or global warming.

"The theory the only way to be safe is to make sure everyone is armed makes as much sense as saying the only way to have a safe world is to make sure every nation has nukes.

440, I know common sense isn't something you are familiar with, but lets see if you can keep up.

scenario 1

Physco path gunman walks into a school and confronts and kills principal and than proceeds to classrooms where multiple defenseless children and teachers are gunned down.Sound familiar.

scenario 2

Physcopath walks into a school with multiple well armed, well trained faculty members.Gunmen confronts principle, becomes hostile and is shot dead.

I think 440 and the likes subscribe to the idea that the act of purchasing an assult weapon immediately turns a law abiding citizen into a physco path. I find it highly offensive that the POTUS and his family are protected by the same assault rifles that this administration wants to keep out of the hands of law abiding citizens who want to protect their families using the same weapons.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-05-13 AT 05:40PM (MST)[p]It really make my heart happy that there are only two liberal morons on this site so far. Time to move on and read good hunting stories on the other forums. See ya knuckleheads, and you know who you are....

Government doesn't fix anything and has spent trillions proving it!!!
Let's face it...After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says WTF!

LAST EDITED ON Jan-05-13 AT 06:04PM (MST)[p]

Only two liberal morons and 50 ultra conservative morons. I'd like to say you'll be missed but I don't lie so see you fishbreath.

I think I'm about done here too. if fishbreath is gone now Manny is the only one left allowed to start threads 1911 has decided. mine are nuked within hours as dumb as it is around here now I'm sure as hell not staying around with only Mannys BS to tiff about.

If you can't beat them in the real world censor them on MM.

Stay thirsty my friends

This is way to easy...Now all we need is the second knucklehead the reveal himself...Hook, line , and sinker....LOL!!! Come on you can do it...You know who you are....LMFAO!!!!

Government doesn't fix anything and has spent trillions proving it!!!
Let's face it...After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says WTF!

Well if the Old General says it, then it must be.
Too bad he has lost all credibility in the WORLD.
Trying to sell books, and been kicked out of the military.
Nice Try Eldorko, got any other Credible sources to share with us.

Yet, he was credible enough to become commander of U.S. forces in Afghanistan. His resignation was the result of personal differences with the Administration on the conduct of the war and should not disqualify him from having an informed opinion on the matter.

Eldorado

Classic wingnuts, a few years ago McChystal was a hero and a serious contender for president within the republican party. now he gives his opinion on assult weapons and he's some worthless no accout loser lib.

You have to love it . what the hell would a guy like that know fishbreath doesn't know better?

Stay thirsty my friends

Why don't you respond to Cabin Fever?

"The problem with quotes on Internet Forums is that it is often difficult to verify their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln

Very well,

First off it's not practical to have all teachers carrying AR-15's. second even if they wanted to many are not law enforcement material. they signed up to train kids, not be swat team shooters.

We have proof an armed officer or two can't prevent these things, I will agree they couldn't hurt but they're not a cure. Columbine had an on duty armed officer on the grounds when those killings occured.

Let's say we're going to do everything in our power to prevent this crap, even armed officers and a few teachers carrying. tell my why there is no chance in hell, not even the most remote possibility that less assult rifles and no more hi cap mags would not have any chance of reducing the chances of another attack or at least the number of deaths should it happen again.

Can you prove 100% a ban on future sales will not have any effect? because if you cannot the only way this is going away is with the supreme court ruling you have the right to this style of weapon, I do not see that happening.

You're saying those in favor of a ban must prove it would help, they don't, all they need is to get it in front of the supreme court. believe me now or believe me later.

Stay thirsty my friends

Can you tell me with 100% confidence that it will make a difference? Come on, you know that just because they are made "illegal" doesn't mean that those who really want to get their hands on them can't.

There are plenty of examples of incidents where an armed civilian and/or off duty officer were present and stopped the rampage from continuing. One example would be the SLC Trolley Square incident.

You know that just because you ban assault rifles does not mean they won't use a different gun. How can you argue that the only way to stop someone with a gun is to either have a gun to defend with or to wait until they run out of bullets or the cops show up?

Is there a chance it could cause less deaths in another incident? Maybe, but maybe not. Still doesn't address the root of the problem and until that happens it won't make a bit of difference.

No matter how hard we try we will never be able to legislate stupidity or crazy and that is about the only guarantee I can think of because short of banning any and all weapons ever thought of to mankind the stupid and crazy will always find a way to follow through with their delusions.

"The problem with quotes on Internet Forums is that it is often difficult to verify their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln

We have two somewhat redundant threads going here.

Let me just say this, yes a batchit will probably find a way to kill. but it is a fact you cannot argue with that an assult weapon with hi cap clips is a much more effective human killer than any standard sporting arm.

Another fact is you can defend yourself without a rambo gun or a 100 round drum.

In a perfect world a law abiding citizen should be able to go out and burn 100 rounds of 223 in seconds if that's what gets him off. but I think we can agree we don't live in a perfect world. so give the freaks no better equipment than we must without giving up everything. if I can live without them I know you can.

Stay thirsty my friends

>
>
>
>
>
>We have two somewhat redundant threads
>going here.
>
>Let me just say this, yes
>a batchit will probably find
>a way to kill. but
>it is a fact you
>cannot argue with that an
>assult weapon with hi cap
>clips is a much more
>effective human killer than any
>standard sporting arm.
>
>Another fact is you can defend
>yourself without a rambo gun
>or a 100 round drum.
>
>
>In a perfect world a law
>abiding citizen should be able
>to go out and burn
>100 rounds of 223 in
>seconds if that's what gets
>him off. but I think
>we can agree we don't
>live in a perfect world.
>so give the freaks no
>better equipment than we must
>without giving up everything. if
>I can live without them
>I know you can.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>Stay thirsty my friends
Kinda like the same thing Hitler would say,just slow and easy.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-09-13 AT 10:03PM (MST)[p]440, I can live without them just fine, but I refuse to sit back and become a suject of a police state without them!

There's a difference. If our government weren't actively attempting to pass legislation that would violate the second amendment of the constitution, we wouldn't need service rifles. But that isn't the case now is it. The constitution and especially the second amendment was written for the "PEOPLE", thats us 440, not the government!

If you don't want to own one then thats fine, stay out of our way and shut your pie hole!

I intend to sit back and watch you lose. when the dust settles if they antis aren't happy I'll worry about it then. I have total confidence in how that will end and I'm not a bit worried. I'm also not worried about fighting with my government forces, I have more faith in those who wear a uniform for this country than you guys do obviously. if I'm wrong and it ever does come to that if I can't fight it out with my sporting arms I doubt a rambo gun would have turned the game in my favor anyway.

Fear, that's what drives you and what you live for. knock yourselves out I'm not playing.

Stay thirsty my friends

Dude at what line are you going to stop and worry about it. We know you care less if they ban semi auto large capacity mag assault rifles.

If they want also all semi auto pistols, will you go along with that or draw the line.

If they decide to ban all semi auto shotguns,will you accept that or draw the line.

If you must pay a fee and register for a background check just to purchase any ammo will you accept that or draw the line

Just where do you stand and at what point are you ready to draw the line.

RELH

Cowards have no line to draw! He'll do whatever his government tells him to do. He'll look at Obama, and his answer will be "yes daddy".

440 not everybody falls for your BS,but you do have a few followers here on this forum.You can see them on you tube Binny Hinn (Let the body's hit the floor).

>
> 440 not everybody falls
>for your BS,but you do
>have a few followers here
>on this forum.You can see
>them on you tube Binny
>Hinn (Let the body's hit
>the floor).

What BS? Elaborate please! This should be good.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-10-13 AT 10:18AM (MST)[p]

I'll draw the line where my toes begin. nothing being talked about today concerns me in the least, if it should I'll take a stand.

I don't make it a practice to cry before I'm hurt like wingnuts do. talk is cheap, that goes for wingnuts and politicians. you send your money to the NRA and dig on your underground bunkers and I'll do my thing. I remember this very same crap when Clinton ran for office so sell it to someone too young to remember how it ended.

I see the morality police have been nuking threads started by anyone exept Manny and Fishbreath again. if you can't beat them censor them.

Stay thirsty my friends

I am a gun owner 60 times over, not a Rambo gun owner. if that makes me your enemy I'm fine with that but you would have been wise to try to win support from the millions like myself . enemy it shall be. our political system and ultimately the supreme court will decide who's right and I'll accept it. are you American enough to do the same?

Stay thirsty my friends

>I am a gun owner 60
>times over, not a
>Rambo gun owner. if that
>makes me your enemy I'm
>fine with that but you
>would have been wise to
>try to win support from
>the millions like myself .
>enemy it shall be. our
>political system and ultimately
>the supreme court will decide
>who's right and I'll accept
>it. are you American enough
>to do the same?
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>Stay thirsty my friends

I'm still wondering how the fight to keep bmgeez, sawed-off shotguns and extended clips is going. Did we win yet?

I will not be one of the sheeple who simply accept what the government madates to me!

I will be "American Enough" to fight for what I believe are my rights. I would suggest you do the same.

I can't even believe you truly believe that being "American enough" is defined by doing as your told.

Unbelievable!!!

So you're saying you'd fight the government if it ruled you could not buy anymore assult weapons or hi cap mags? what are you waiting for they've already said you can't own sawed off shotguns or grenade launchers.

If that is what you're saying you are not an american you're a terrorist and I would not fight the government, I'd fight you. think about what you're saying without the NRA hype in your head. this is a law that would be made final with a supreme court ruling upholding it with our constitution as the foundation. you'd really take up arms against your nation on this? I won't say it about everyone here but I think you're smarter than that.

Stay thirsty my friends

Now your twisting my words.

What I am saying is I, as an American, being "American enough", find it crucial to fight for the rights our forefathers gave us. The ban that is being discussed and pushed by the anti-crowd is nothing more than a smokescreen riding on the back of a highly emotional issue that will NOT solve or fix anything.

It only furthers the agenda of these idiots who stand behind their gated houses and armed protection (while their kids go to schools with the same protections), which is to take away the basic "Right" of owning a gun to protect myself and my family not only from other criminals (who find no problems getting access to these types of weapons illegally) but from the chance that the Government may at some point (if not already) be corrupted enough to try and take away my rights.

You know that is their ultimate agenda as many of them openly claim so. What part of that don't you get?

This is all muddied by the definition of a "Semi-Auto Weapon" which if we are not careful will lead to more and more gun restrictions and bans.

You honestly believe that is not their end-game? Honestly???

I respect your opinion and don't want any fellow gun owners, sportsman or true conservationists as an "enemy", but I just don't get where you are coming from. I don't see how anyone can argue with the facts and the facts state that bans don't do any good and the true agenda, openly admitted by the anti-crowd, is to eliminate guns altogether.

Why would we as gun owners, hunters, conservationists and being "American enough" ever let that happen.

Don't let the emotions of a couple of incidents blind you to the facts.

So OSOK

You are prepared to fire on and kill American troops?

The government mandates all kinds of things that EVERYONE willing accepts every day. How many parts per million of any chemical can be in your drinking water to how fast you can drive on the Highways to how old you can be vote.

If your standard is doing nothing the government mandates then you already are "sheeple".

Instead of reacting like SWAT team just arrived at your house and demanded you guns who about having a serious discussion of how to deal with gun violence. There is a majority of even gun owners in this country that want to discuss solutions, what harm is it to participate in a discussion. The NRA is meeting with Joe Biden right now, should they walk out of that meeting?

Nemont

Dude-it is nothing to do with politics and everything to do with the Constitution. Maybe politics could come into play with the SC but I doubt that will happen. If you read the articles and the founding documents it is clear that people were intended to have the right to keep and bear arms. The question of what type of arms will end up in the courts whether Obama uses executive orders or the Congress passes legislation. I will wait and see what really comes from the WHBS machine.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-10-13 AT 01:28PM (MST)[p]You do understand that the Heller decision already has codified in law your right to have a firearm for self defense.

Who cares what the agenda of anybody is, none of that matters if they can't pass in through congress. There is zero chance of a highly restrictive gun ban passing both the House and Senate, zero.

The House is going to let the Senate go first and it is HIGHLY unlikely anything that looks like a renewal of the AWB gets through the Senate and even if it did, it still has to get through the House. Then to conference.

There has been control advocates around forever, how successful have they been in not allowing you buy guns and ammo? Our country is 236 years old and we still have gun rights.

We have supreme court decisions that say we have a right to keep and bear arms. It is in our found document, their are over 300,000,000 private guns in the US. If the gun control crowd had any power how come we still have all of this?

I guarantee you I am American enough but I also don't let the NRA set the tone of the gun debate for me, talk about being a sheeple.

Nemont

They were successful enough to ban funny looking rifles for ten years. Didn't require anyone to turn in their weapons but that is being talked about now. I agree that nothing much will come of this but they may use EO to reinstate and AWB again. They would like to create a revenue stream from new tax schemes but everyone I know has enough ammo for a few generations. Basically taking advantage of the kid's deaths to push an agenda IMO. Pretty disgusting.

Nemont,

Nor do I and I will be the first to admit I don't always buy into the hype the NRA spouts and I have no doubt they are in this for reasons other than just your and my best interests (money), but I also believe they are the strongest voice against those that OPENLY ADMIT they don't want you or me to own a single gun. So, I will continue to support them until there is something better.

So you're saying that they have been around forever and they havent been effective, right? Do you really believe that has been the case just simply because our founding document states it as our right? You don't think that the NRA fighting back on these issues has done any good?

You're telling me that because it is in our founding documents it is guaranteed forever? It can never change through an additional ammendment contradictiing your rights?

I will also admit very openly that I don't know everything and am always open to education on any topic.

I see your point but I still don't understand why it is OK to sit back and do nothing and expect our rights to remain the same. Please educate me. Just because our country is 236 years old doesn't mean it can't and won't change.

And the Heller decision was by a 5-4 vote. Too close for my comfort. One Juudge votes the other way and then what?

LAST EDITED ON Jan-10-13 AT 02:12PM (MST)[p]264,
Is Pelosi still speaker of the House? How many Democrat Senators are up for Reelection in 2014? I think 20 are and something like 11 are from Red States. Suppose they want this as an issue in the coming midterms?

The only reason that Pelosi had to pass it to find out what was in it is because the House passed the same exact bill as the Senate which then doesn't require a conference committee to hammer out the differences. Do you think Boehner would just put a Senate passed gun control bill on the floor for a vote?

You guys need to deal with the reality of the debate rather than drinking the NRA scare tactics Kool Aid.

You don't suppose that the NRA is fanning the flames seeing as their membership has grown by 100,000? They have a lot to gain by putting out propaganda about the Feds coming for your guns and be afraid. The low hanging fruit eat that crap up.

Nemont

Where have I said to sit back and do nothing. I just don't belong to the NRA, they are shills for the gun manufacturers and trade in the politics of fear. If they were the old NRA that just supported the 2nd Amendment and spent all that money building ranges and hosting kids on shooting days, I would rejoin but Ole Wayne has an agenda of his own and is empire building.

How long did it take for the Heller Case to wind it's way through the Courts? How long does it take for the USSC to change their previous precedence?

If you are arguing now that what is afoot is a possible Constitutional amendment to get rid of the 2nd Amendment then please show me where that is even being talked about by anyone serious.

Has the NRA done good things, sure they have done good things but just like you are "American Enough", I am American Enough to have the right not to belong and still have a right to have an opinion on gun control.

Do you think that the NRA's agenda of zero tolerance on anything regarding restricting magazine capacity or perhaps attempting to keep Bushmasters or M4 or AK's out of the hands of crazy people helping promote law abiding gunowners interest or does it make every gun own appear a little crazy to those on the Outside of the issue?

Go ahead and support the NRA, I have no issue with that, I believe they have a lunatic agenda that hurts guns rights in the long run.

Nemont

Nemont did you think we need the health care Bill? goodluck on finding a doctor ,the bill is a scam wth no common sense,if you would listen to the Tom Sullivan show and listen to the people this bill will do nothing for your health,it is mandatory and a law.They got away raming this down our throats and they will try their hardest to take away more of our rights.

Why do people have to think everything is more than it seems.

I'll ask once more, before these last few shootings with ASSAULT RIFLES or HI CAP MAGS how much steam did gun control advocates have? no crap just answer the question.

No gun control is a hot topic, focused on ASSAULT WEAPONS and HI CAP MAGS. what might be the chances that nothing has changed other than public tolerance for ASSULT WEAPONS and HI CAP MAGS ?

I would make this more simple for you more simple folks here but I don't know how to draw cartoons on the internet. this is just what it seems and you have no justification to think otherwise.

Stay thirsty my friends

>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>Why do people have to think
>everything is more than it
>seems.
>
>I'll ask once more, before these
>last few shootings with ASSAULT
>RIFLES or HI CAP MAGS
>how much steam did gun
>control advocates have? no crap
>just answer the question.
>
>No gun control is a hot
>topic, focused on ASSAULT WEAPONS
>and HI CAP MAGS.
>what might be the chances
>that nothing has changed other
>than public tolerance for ASSULT
>WEAPONS and HI CAP MAGS
>?
>
>I would make this more simple
>for you more simple folks
>here but I don't know
>how to draw cartoons on
>the internet. this is just
>what it seems and you
>have no justification to think
>otherwise.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>Stay thirsty my friends
Your so clever with words,just like Pelosi

Well she's in congress and you're flipping burgers so I'll stay with my methods.

Stay thirsty my friends

>Well she's in congress and you're
>flipping burgers so I'll stay
>with my methods.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>Stay thirsty my friends
That's something your not smart enough to do.

Dude, you may not want to admit it, but even you know that they are going to try and go further then the black rifles and hi-cap mags.

RELH

Here's what the libtards don't understand. Laws enacted by the government which violate the constitution, and these laws do exist, are invalid in the eyes of the people. The people will tolerate some of these minor infractions but there will come a time when the government will over step their bounds just a little too far and that staw will bteak the camels back. Take a look at Syria! The Constituiton was written for the people, and when eventually the government steps too far across the line, there will be repercussions.

Just because the government says so don't make it right under the constitution.

Trigger half the people want a ban, probably another quarter don't give a crap. the people like you are the minority. can you grasp why nobody is flipping out other than you and your wild eyed brethren? yeah.

RELH, I have no doubt some people would ban BB guns but how successful have they been? look at this poll from fall of 2010 gun control support was at a record low . now the attitude of americans towards the guns I own and I think you own hasn't changed much if any . what proof do you have they desire far more gun restrictions when we were record low a year ago? did all that change with a few rambo gun shooting freaks? I don't think so, and if I did I would resent rambo guns more than I do.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/144887/Continuing-Record-Low-Support-Stricter-Gun-Control.aspx

Now I understand your claim we're all in this together and they won't stop once they have the rambo crap. I disagree. I contend the proof is in polls and the total inability of the anti gun lobby to do jack chit before the assult weapon killings.

We have a war on drugs, does that mean you can't get a flu shot? some things we accept and some we don't. guns are the same way. don't make this more complicated than it is.

Stay thirsty my friends

Nemont,

Obviously no one is going to try and go right after the Constitution, they are smarter than that and they know they would never win, so instead they will chip away at it little by little until the general population is so numb to the issue they can push for the finish line. It may take years and years to get there but they openly admit that's what they want.

No the sky is not falling and no they probably won't get too much out of this but no one can argue with the fact that they ultimately want the guns gone and they will continue chipping away at that right. If that we're not true there would not have been over 500 challenges to the Heller decision since it was decided.

That is my concern.

440 - why do you always have to resort to name calling and degrading others that don't agree with your way of thinking? Can't you simply have an open minded debate about an issue without taking it personally?

I like this site for the fact that I get to see opposing points of view and I have changed my mind about issues because of it at times. So thanks to all for your opinions

Unfortunately 440, people like you believe the government is attempting this change in gun laws as an honest effort for public safety. You believe the government is on the up and up, and all this gun ban stuff is being done with honest good intentions for the benefit of the people.

What fools you are! The government would just as soon cut your throat 440 if it benefitted them to do so.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom