Anatomy Question

AZtrophyhunter

I shot a Javy this weekend & got a clean pass thru. My arrow was clean, no blood, guts, hair, or anything on it....if I hadn't of seen the arrow actually go into him I would have thought it was a clean miss. What organs did I hit that would have a result like that? I looked while gutting him out but really couldn't tell one way or another.

That's weird. I would think that if you got in there and looked around while gutting it you would find something. Match up where the entry and exit holes are and that should give you a good idea. The only thing that comes in mind to me is that you would have hit the "no zone" but there are no organs to hit there.

The shot was a little further back & he didn't seem to affected by it so maybe it was that no zone you are referring to. I had to put another arrow into him, he only went 20yrds after that. Thanks for the info Muzzy.

That is the first I have ever heard of a arrow actually passing through an animal with nothing visible. I would bet even an arrow passing through a wet towel would leave some evidence or visual clue. Who knows I guess you can only speculate. Weird

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom