And I thought wolves were magical, mystical, and all powerful

The writer of this has their heads in the sand. That which is being done is for the horses benefit...long term. They could be just left to starve. Mother nature is brutal. I have spent considerable time on "wild horse range" and they are very destructive when their populations exceed the range capacity. This is a very complex, expensive problem. Long on emotion short on reality !

Last edited:
I totally agree with the author. A introduced species should be left to the perfect plan of nature. Just look what we're doing to that poor covid virus. We're employing social distancing, masks, and vaccines in an effort to destroy it. A virus has just as much right to exist on planet earth as a horse or a wolf. I say hands off.

I wonder how many of those horses are true born wild or just turned loose by people who did want them anymore.
NM BLM guy told me a lot of the horses that was in the unit next to the Rez was one's that was turned loose and wasn't born wild.

About 6-8 years ago horse prices were low and hay prices were high and it was dry. In the Book Cliffs there were about 20-25 that I saw that were just turned loose. They were as docile as any broke horse

i still don't know why we don't just shoot them
A while back in NM they were going to sell hunting tags for the horses then all the animal rights folks started screaming and the govna caved to them. Would be cool just to let people go catch them and take them home for what ever their purpose.
Problem with letting the china virus be natural is faucci made it in a lab so it isn't natural at all. I just had the delta version and glad I got it now and not later. My father just got it from us and he is vaxed and his was worse than mine.

Don't you feel stupid. It was in Braille ?
8E6D78BD-1CB3-42BA-9570-6994BD31F9DD.jpeg

About 6-8 years ago horse prices were low and hay prices were high and it was dry. In the Book Cliffs there were about 20-25 that I saw that were just turned loose. They were as docile as any broke horse
I have seen many horses in the Book Cliffs. Some, usually along the highway near Ouray, seem docile.

Those I have encountered in the Book Cliffs, especially those in the Roadless area, are quite wild and wanted nothing to do with us when we tried stopping for any longer than a minute. Those I've seen in the Roadless were as spooky as the elk. A herd of 14 came into a water hole we were by. After watching and videoing them fighting for 10 minutes, we whistled at them. They saw us, whirled, and were gone over the ridge in about 7 seconds. It was pretty cool.

I think there is a mix of both these days out there...

I have talked to a retired school teacher-volunteer that does a lot of work with the horses in the Book Cliffs. I asked her if lions killed many colts or horses and she has told me several times they have not at least in that area. There are a lot lions on my trail cameras however.

They (lions) kill the Colts. Google cougar vs horses in Modoc County. Last I heard one particular cougar had mauled 34 of them.

Interesting...an outfitter in Alaska near the Wrangell area turnes his horses loose in the winter to fend for themselves. Apparently the wolves and bears have learned to leave them alone. I went on a hunt in Northern BC and one of the horses had it's face nearly ripped off by wolves.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom