Animal ID Help!

Ltsheets

Very Active Member
Got a pic of this animal on my inlaw's ranch. I'm leaning towards mtn lion, but this is West TX, south of Lubbock...
Thoughts

47530wgi0066.jpg

I say bobcat. Looks like it has spots. As far as the ears go, the pointy black part of hair might be blending in.

Absolutely a Lion. Lots of Lions in West Tx. Bobcat has a different shaped head and ears. Nice Catch

That was the only pic I got of it unfortunately. Rest assured cams will now be going back up in that area just to see if I can catch it again!

On another forum, some are saying calf...does anyone see that? There is cattle on this property but I don't remember there being other pics close in time to this one with cattle in them. Normally I get groups of pics when they come by.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom