Ankle surgery.

feddoc

Long Time Member
Uh oh... I have a new titanium ankle. It comes with my own opium ball.

20160606_103927_zpswadubkxn.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Jun-06-16 AT 04:45PM (MST) by kilowatt (moderator)[p]Move the Opium dispenser a bit closer and I'll "Click" to give you a dose :)

LAST EDITED ON Jun-09-16 AT 09:21PM (MST)[p]I had two ankle surgeries (same ankle), they aren't fun. Worst part is not being able to bear weight for months. Good luck

P.S. must be some good medication to want to watch upside down people on TV.

Wow....that doesn't look like a routine surgery. Y is it still bleeding? Did you draw any good New Mexico tags you can sign over to me for medical reasons? I should have talked to you before your surgery. It might have been beneficial to me. I hope the recovery isn't bad.

Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good health for granted because it can be gone in a heartbeat. Please go back and read the last line. This time really understand what it says.

Jeeze, Looks like someone used your leg to empty a couple clips into. Get well soon! :)

Joey

Keep your slimy Paws Off My, Yours, Our,.. Public Land!!!

LAST EDITED ON Jun-11-16 AT 00:52AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jun-11-16 AT 00:47?AM (MST)

>Wow....that doesn't look like a routine
>surgery. Y is it still
>bleeding? Did you draw any
>good New Mexico tags you
>can sign over to me
>for medical reasons? I should
>have talked to you before
>your surgery. It might have
>been beneficial to me. I
>hope the recovery isn't bad.
>
>
>
>Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good
>health for granted because it
>can be gone in a
>heartbeat. Please go back and
>read the last line. This
>time really understand what it
>says.

It's not still bleeding. The OR put a mini vacuum pump to slowly pull fluids out of the wound. The device (looked like a compressed bellows) slowly sacked out the excess junk. When they took it off, the nurse spilled a bunch.

I can't remember what the white thing is. Had to look it up.
http://possiblewithpico.com

This is where they put the titanium stuff. Another hOle to harvest some bone from my tibia, another incision to lengthen my calf muscle and one more so they could move stuff around inside to put the titanium stuff in. There's about two feet of scars.

20160617_134548_zpsb6i5tlxv.jpg

>This is where they put the
>titanium stuff. Another hOle
>to harvest some bone from
>my tibia, another incision to
>lengthen my calf muscle and
>one more so they could
>move stuff around inside to
>put the titanium stuff in.
> There's about two feet
>of scars.
>
>
20160617_134548_zpsb6i5tlxv.jpg

God.....that hurts just looking at it! I was hoping you were not going to take a picture with the bandages off!!
But nooooo....you had to show the gruesome stuff!!
That had to be a fairly long operation.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-20-16 AT 11:44AM (MST)[p]I was pretty well likkered up for the two hours it took the bone doc to make 147K. Gotta hand it to the pain doc; darn near pain free. Felt good enough last night to finish a pistol I had been working on.

When they went in to fix mine, they just fused it with a few dry wall screws, and made me stay off of it for a few months. Feels like I have a 4 foot board strapped to my foot whenever I get on any kind of slope, but it is free of pain. Don't have much of a gimp either, so guess it was a good thing..

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom