Anonymous Email to F and G

T

trlrtrsh

I thought this was kind of interesting. What do you guys think?

"To Whom This May Concern: It has come to a concern of mine of the drawings for controlled hunts in Idaho. As an honest and ethical hunter for the past decade I have enjoyed hunting in Idaho's great wilderness, particularly in the ## Units. These areas have produced some successful hunting over the years just in the general season. However, as an avid hunter it has become a talk amongst hunting comrades of the results for controlled hunt drawings. We have been putting in for these hunts for the past decade, only to enter our hunting license number in to read "Sorry, this license number is not drawn for tags", or something like that. I am sure you have heard, as I have, about those unethical hunters who still draw tags year after year, only to harvest more than their tag declares. Or those unethical hunters who put their wives in for a hunt, only so they "tag along" for their husbands or children to shoot their animal. These "unethical hunters" I am speaking of are nobody in particular and are only referenced upon the stories told and passed around. These storiesmay just be ficticious "fish" stories, I highly doubt it, simply because who would make up a story that they shot two, three, or four elk on one tag, only to have their name and the story roam the local convenient storesand breakfast cafe's. You would be on them like flies on cow pies. To me,these stories are told true, whether or not they are. And after years andyears of hearing them, and years and years of not drawing a single tag, it becomes a bit of a concern on how the Idaho Fish and Game approach controlled hunts options. In combination with these thoughts, and harassment after harassment froma few of the fellows in the Idaho Fish and Game department for being an honest and ethical hunter, it has come to my attention that something should be done about the results of controlled hunt applications. I understand some units have a regulation on the amount of times you can draw onparticular game, (i.e. every other year), but hell, why not give the dude who just served his time for poaching another chance after 5 years probation. Atleast you can track his harvest reports accurately!!!!!!! As an avid hunter, fisherman, waterfowler, and shed finder, I do spend a lot of time in the great outdoors. I keep my eyes open just as much asyour blue or tan trucks driving out in the sage brush supposedly keeping astrict eye out for poachers, do. An if its all about the money, you betterfind a new job, because I guarantee myself and hunters like myself (including nonresidents) will not be giving a dime to the Idaho Fish and Game until we gain the respect back, that ethical and honest hunters like myself giveto the great men and women who try to protect our wild game. While I am sure that 99.9% of Idaho Fish and Game officers are great,the other 0.1% could use a nice voiced opinion once in a while. Now please, dont get me wrong. Dont go out and give me the tags I want for the next 100 years I will be hunting. This will not solve my dilemma. Because there are thousands of other hunters just like me who feel the same way. I expectyou to be fair. If this means I dont draw on any hunts for the next ten or fifteen years, so be it. But when my childrens generation begin tohunt, the respect held for the IDFG will not be passed down to thatgeneration. Please dont take this message personal. Thank you for your time and considerations. Please reply"

Signed anonymous hunter

so the guys pissed he never draws boohoo, its a better system than any of the preference point or bonus point system in that everybody who puts in has the same exact shot

well yea i am pissed to..
i have been trying to draw a deer/elk/antelope tag,, for more than 27 years,, while i see others draw the same tags i am after
numerous times.. You call that fair????

{QUOTE}its a better system than any of the preference point or bonus point system in that everybody who puts in has the same exact shot..}
thats the problem right there,, the same folks that get drawn several times have the exact same chance as the ones that don't.
At least with a point system it would be a pretty sure bet that i would have drawn a tag or two in 27 years..

(so the guys pissed he never draws boohoo)NOW THERES A GUY WITH ALOT OF CLASS..

the guys that draw often will love Idaho's system, the guys that dont would like to see points. I would like to see points (that tells my luck right there).

its hard to argue a true preference point system to not be fair. the guys with the most points wins. you put your time in longer for the better hunts and less time for lesser hunts. that is the fairest system IMO.

Seems a lot of guys dont like points tho, from talk in the past years about this topic.

Travis
www.RidgelineOutdoors.com
Blacks-Creek Packs Dealer

did anyone get that survey from fish and game a few years back? it was basically asking if you would like to see a points system in place. i believe they were saying that the points system would be optional. pay a little more and get the points, dont pay and dont get the points. are other states with points like this too? optional to participate? i said yes. obviously not enough people agreed, or they just dropped the idea.

some states are like this, MT and WY off the top of my head, but i think Idaho was going to make it for everyone from what i understood. the fee's would have gone up across the board and everyone that applied would receive a point, like it or not. They were comparing it to Nevadas. ....that was my understanding anyway.

Travis

might as well do it. the damn fees are always going to climb, like it or not. i too am one of those unlucky sob's that never draws. ive drawn one bear tag and two cow tags my entire life! ha ha:) and ive put in religously for everything i hunt every year. i know of two people that have drawn a late buck tag two years in a row. and it was the same unit for all four tags. not going to say the unit, but there are only around 30 tags for it. anyway, i called fish and game about this and asked how this could happen and how the controlled hunt process worked? this is no story, she informed me that they do a manual audit for the people that have previously drawn!! this phone call was made roughly five or six years ago. i know its different now. didnt they drop a ton of cash on new software a couple years ago? but i was in shock when i heard that. maybe i didnt get the whole story from her, but she said "manual audit". that only means one thing to me.

Andrew, you try giving $140.00 to a
state every year for 21 years and
never draw a tag, I have put alot
of money in that state over the
years, I would like to eventually
like to have a tag!

man, id just buy you a non-res. otc tag from now on. i hear ya though. im a resident in the same boat, but i dont have to shell out as much cash as you. i guess im glad i get that "i know im going to draw" feeling every year. or else id probably give up on the draws too.

Preference points and Bonus point systems are two different things and many people don't understand the difference.
IMHO Nevada has the best system in the west. You can draw any hunt with zero points if you get the right compouter generated number.
If not you get a point.

You will draw eventually.
You can't say that about our system.

Nevada's system is'nt really a point system. Your right about the computer generated number, the "point" just gives you an additional number. Your not gauranteed to draw anything ever.

On another note.....If I ever get wind of any shenanigans, underhanded bullshite,corruption, or favoritism associated with Idaho's controlled hunt system..............There will be Blood...............that is all.

I'd rather have an equal chance at a tag every year without points than just one more hunt in my favorite unit for the rest of my life.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-04-09 AT 01:52PM (MST)[p]the biggest problem with a point system is it probably wont help anybody draw the kind of tags you guys are hoping to get, especially if it is a bonus point system, bear with me and think about it for a second, lets take unit 45 deer for example, according to the idfg website you have 2358 people who applied for that tag in 2007 with only 75 tags, so you now have 2283 people who want a unit 45 tag with one point each, if its a bonus point system youve got 4566 apps in next season plus anybody whos just getting in on the unit if its preference points then youve got 2283 people who have a shot and if youre late to the game and come in with everybody else at 1 point then there are now 2283 people ahead of you for this tag. see where im going right now we all have the same shot at drawing a point system now would only screw everybody over. also if its a true preference point system and everybody continues to apply for unit 45 then it could take 32 years before you are even guaranteed a tag

I just thought it was all very interesting how the addressor made mention the fact that his odds of drawing have been decreasing but the money being put into the system is increasing. There are areas that state "if you draw this year, harvest or not, you cannot put in for that hunt the following year." I think that works. It may give everyone an opportunity to draw atleast every other year, so maybe in like 5 years you can draw. I dunno, are we patient enough as hunters to do that?... I mean, No points...just a method of elimination. Does anyone think it has to do with putting in multiple hunters on the same ticket, or individually? Fish and Games method...we need more money! Hunter/Harvestor method...shoot big game! I am not sure that giving more money to the Fish and Game really does anything expect buy more donuts on Fridays but hey...atleast we can track the money system!!! j/k I really dont know much to the solution of drawings odds but was just wondering everybody elses take on it.

BINGO.. You nailed it Andrew_12. That is exactly why I am against points systems. Except you forgot about the exponential increase in the number of people that will apply for "points" once a system is established just to make sure they don't miss out. Even those that don't regularly apply will start.. Sombody tell me again how many points or years it will take to %100 draw a LE tag in Utah, AZ, or NV.... I have no points in any of those states.

For those that say "does it sound fair that I have not drawn a tag in xxx years, yet somebody else has drawn it xxx times" YES it does sound fair! Exactly fair! Not one ounce of un-fairness in it. YOU had exactly the same chance to draw the tag every time that all the rest did. That is the meaning of a Limited entry hunt, lots of people do not get to hunt it! Explain to me again how in the hell you or anybody else has more of RIGHT to hunt any particular unit then I do. espescially based only on the number of years you have been putting in for it. If anything you should be wining about the number of LE hunts, at least that holds water in an argument. There is no doubt that LE hunts reduce or infringe on yours and my hunting opportuntiy. The price is that those hunts offer some kind of increaed chance at a "trophy". Every sportsman pays that price, so why should you have an increased chance to get it?
Sombody should write a book about it, they can call it "Points Systems for LE Hunts; the welfare system of the West" Or "LE Points Systems; How to Screw Your Kids out of Ever Drawing a Tag"

it really depends on how you look at it. Obviously people look at it differently. that does suck for those units like 45 which is a good hunt but its not THAT good for the odds it holds today, IMO. but others may look at it like eventually they will have a chance to draw it. right now, i look at it as statistically impossible to draw in my lifetime.

Id like points because i put in for the tags that are much easier to draw, i go with the odds and still cant draw. I've been unsuccessful on 87% draw success, 50% and several times 25%. I dont even put in for those units like 45.

Springbear, i see your point about UT. What is different about Idaho is that there are several good general tags here that you could hunt every year and if you just want to build points for that 1 hunt in a lifetime like 45 then do it. I would never do it, but some will. I wont wait 15 years for a bull tag in UT either. i put in for the easier to draw units.

Its something that not everyone will ever totally agree on because people hunt different ways and points will help some and hurt others.

Another thing that idaho could do is restructure hunting seasons and have several small ones similar to colorado which would help lower the point pools.

i know people will be against it but with the ever-growning populations its going to have to come to that some day or some just cant hunt.....thats a whole differnt topic tho.

its interesting to see others opinions on this.

Travis

springbear thanks for gettin my back on this one as well I'm glad there are a few people out there who see it my way, I really dont have a problem with point systems in general but most states have had a system in place for many many years now. to use washington as an example they started there point system only 13 years ago, there were too many people applying for tags at that point in time to start a point system and now there are literally thousands of hunters in washington who have "max" points in washington which is a number that continually keeps growing because 95% of those with "max" points do not get drawn still every year, so the number of applications in the barrel so to speak continues rising at an astronomical rate and those who are either just now beginning to apply or who lose their points by drawing a tag will never draw because 10-15 years down the road there will still be thousands of guys out there who havent drawn with their so called "max" points and these guys will all have 23-28 points and most will build points until they die of old age or get drawn so late in their hunting careers that they just wont care anymore. this is why i am against a point system in Idaho if you think it is hard to draw now wait til you are the guy who draws in the first year of the point system and then has to wait for everybody else applying for that same tag, sometimes upwards of 2000-3000 people to draw before you can even dream of having a shot again. there are too many people applying for limited entry tags in the modern era to implement a new point system

We all have the same chance to draw. Period.
Non residents sometimes have a better chance of drawing a tag in certain areas.

Lifes not fair mom he got a tag and I didnt.

I guess you are looking for a bailout to because the neighbor has a bigger truck.

NO POINTS SYSTEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If the non resident stop buying tags for a couple of years then maybe the F&G will start taking care of are herds better and we can hunt in open units and have a Quality hunt.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-04-09 AT 05:07PM (MST)[p]wow zboys you sound like you might even be more against the point system than i am if idaho gets a point system it will be a huge tragedy for all hunters in idaho whether they are resident or non res

No Sweat Andrew_12, usually these types of posts get pretty heated and most come out on the side of no points system... You appeared to be standing alone on this one for a little bit.

Orion23, you are exactly right about having very good units that are OTC in Idaho. That is exactly what I do. I put in for a draw unit, and usually I do not get it, but I know that I can still hunt my "honey hole"... I was really going to blast the guy above that said he had put in for 21 year at $141 a year an by god Idaho owes him something. Well at the very least he paid exactly was it was worth to play the lottery for a tag. AND in my opinion he wasted his money if he did not buy an OTC tag and come up and go hunting. I do not feel one bit sorry for those guys. IT was all up front and they knew the deal going into it.
This is what chaps me about states like UT and AZ. You really have no option but the LE hunt. It is possible that UT has created a monster with the quality of bulls they are killing. Imagine the surplus (read lost hunter opportunity) that must be present to consistently produce bulls of that caliber. And at what a cost! It is my understanding that UT is basically once in a lifetime for a few individuals and never in a lifetime for the vast majority of sportsman or potential sportsman. I don't have a problem if it is fair and even across the board and the odds are just plain crappy. I would put in for a UT and AZ tag in a second if that were the case. I DO PUT IN FOR NEW MEX!!! Because it is an even steven deal, with the exception of the un-real number of land owner tags. I can accept that it is still one point for you, one for me, and one point for every body else. Somebody is going to draw it and the rest of if us will not. I can live with that.
I have been asking for Idaho to increase limited range hunts both LE and OTC. I believe that will improve the individual unit draw odds more then anything. I would never put in for a rifle tag if there were an archery tag available for ELK. Even if it were on the shoulder of the rut, like say first week of OCT. As it stands now, there are few if any LE hunts for Archery and Muzzy as compared to any weapon. That is another topic however..

agreed we definately need more primitive weapons controlled hunts especially for the muzzle guys there are almost no general seasons for the muzzleloader hunters in this state and there should be more controlled opportuinities that being said we need more archery rut hunts as well as i think hunting mule deer in peak rut with a bow is one of the funnest hunts out there

"Lifes not fair mom he got a tag and I didnt."

That's exactly what I was thinking when I read some of these posts. Random is exactly that...RANDOM!

Odds say that if you flip a coin 10 times, it should land on heads 5 times and tails 5 times. But guess what, it might land on heads 10 times in a row or it may land on tails 10 times in a row. It may roll off the damned table...

To get mad at bad luck and say that F&G is intentionally not picking you is pretty silly.

I think a lot of folks don't even look at draw odds when they put in for hunts. They put in for a tag that has 3% draw odds and grumble when they don't draw. I personally put in for hunts that have reasonable draw odd. There are plenty of units that have just as big of bucks as 40 and 45, might take more work and patience to get them, but they are there....

To each his own I guess

Wow, did I open a can of worms on this post or what? Whatever the case may be, I am sure if the Fish and Game are smart enough to control whats happening now, a new generation of employees will bring something new to the table? I am hoping we dont have to copy another states actions but maybe something new might flicker in the 1 in 1 million officers that actually take their job serious. Whatever the case may be, I hope we as hunters stay ethical so it doesnt turn into chaos for our future hunters.

There are as many versions of point systems as there are states that have them. WY only has PPs for non-residents, residents apply for a controlled hunt and buy OTC if they don't draw.

To answer the question about how long it takes to draw a tag. I believe Utah has one NR with max deer points, he'll get a Henry's tag if they issue 2 tags, first one goes random draw. I think that guy has 15 PPs.

Selfishly I like Idaho and NM. I only apply if I don't draw elsewhere before the Id deadline. In Idaho you have to pick a species/species which ups draw odds, especially for moose/goat/sheep + buy the non-refundable license.

Just let me know what the rules are so i can decide if I wanna play the game.

Zboys, that is one one the dumbest
statements I have ever heard,
Non residents stop buying tags?

How do you think they get the
majority of there funds?

I see your point that they
would maybe look at it a
little closer and wonder why
they are not selling as many
tags, but not just the non res
need to put there foot down, the
residents have alot more say than
we do.

Idaho already has there units seperated,
they need to manage each unit seperatly
like colorado does, it would make a
huge difference.
Colorado was in the same boat as Idaho
is now 14 or 15 years ago.
Look at Colorado now, you can draw units
every year for a November hunt and see
3 times the number of bucks.

"just my 2 cents"

That seems pretty legit to me. I just wonder if Idaho F&G are going to do something, or if it may be the next generation of officers than change old perspectives.

If the non resident wants to keep giving Idaho F&G money each year then dont expect any major changes. Dont we want more deer, If the non resident kill less deer because they are not here isn't that going to help the recovery.

I like what Colorado has done. But you have to realize that Colorado has always had twice as many deer than Idaho. Idaho has about 300,000 deer and Colorado has over 600,000 deer. Even before they started there new management practices they still had between 500,000 to 600,000 deer, what they did not have was the Older Class buck they wanted. The first thing they did was to cap the non resident deer tags. It only took 3 to 4 years and they were killing big bucks through out the state.

Idaho F&G has to make the hard choice and cap the tags for everybody and get that older class animals we are all after.\

Then we can all put in for are draw hunts and have the same chance at drawing the tags.

NO POINTS SYSTEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gonna have to argue this one with ya zboys especially since idaho already does cap non-res tags

Forgot, remembered about the southeast deer cap.
What is the state wide cap. obviously its to much.
Did you know that F&G objective buck to doe ratio is 15 bucks to 100 does in southeast region. Thats pathetic. With it that low they shouldn't even be hunting. Thats what they are shooting for its probable not even there.

I took a quick look at the proposal for the SE region. It stated a desired goal of 15 bucks to 100 does? It looks like their method of attaining this is by shooting does. Its sad to see a once great mule deer area, in such a sad state!

Don P.

Of course they are going to give
alot of non res tags, they get a
ton of money off of them, My problem
with some of these statements is that
some people make it sound like it is the
non res hunters that is hurting the
deer populations, come on think about
it, it is poor management.

I would bet that 80% of the non res
hunters, after all the money we spend
on tags, come home empty handed, it isn't
like they are going up the last weekend
and killing a meat buck just so they
can say the killed something, Idaho is
one of the highest priced non res tags
in the country.

I would bet that 80% of the non res
hunters, after all the money we spend
on tags, come home empty handed, it isn't
like they are going up the last weekend
and killing a meat buck just so they
can say the killed something, Idaho is
one of the highest priced non res tags
in the country.
HNTBIGBULLS i agree 100% on that..
IMO selling N/R tags to Idaho residence is doing as much damage to the herds as anything else thats going on,, i would like to know what the success rate is on the second tag sold to resident hunters.
i'll bet it ain't pretty..

I dont believe anyone is blaming the non resident. I am not going to read through every post to see if you are right.

Dont we all want less tag issued?
Dont we all want more deer?
Dont we all want older class bucks to hunt?

We all have to sacrifice starting with the F&G that they have to realize that they are going to have to give out less tags meaning that there revenue will go down in the short term.

That should hit the NON-RESIDENT first should it not?

Over all the Non-resident has a higher success rate than the resident and that fine you guys work for it.

LESS OPPORTUNITY NOW MEANS BETTER OPPORTUNITY LATER AND LONG TERM.

NO POINTS SYSTEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree that the points system would suck. I grew up in Lava Hot Springs, where many people non resident and resident alike look to hunt. They recently closed down one are to general hunting an others are four point or better for six days. The amount of pressure on the neighboring units for the period of the hunt Oct 10 - Oct 31 has gone up so much its not even funny.
Let me ask all of you who are tired of the deer population how much predator control do you do? If you eliminated 1 coyote a month/12 a year and help or killed on mountain Lion a year you would be doing a lot more for the Muleys than whining on a computer to a bunch of grown men. I have not yet achieved the above mentiond goal of predator control but am sure going to try and do my part. I believe we can turn some heads and see the deer rebound a little if we got together an tried to accomplish this.

You are absolutely right on the predators.
Take one deer and save 50 or more by taking a cougar and 12 coyotes.

Instead of bitching about it maybe I will get out there and do something about it.

i wasnt going to post on the topic, but it brought up a good point...If someone has the money to buy a non-resident tag after they have already killed something does that make it right? I have seen a couple people shoot 2 decent bucks in the same year... I think something needs to be done about the future of idaho hunting.

47e9fcb352ad748f.jpg

has anyone seen my kittie

I agree but it goes upon the principle that if it is available and you can take two nice deer why wouldn't you. Also if you know where some big deer sheds are you would go get them instead of saying, i dont want to push the deer around and watch someone else pick them up.

Whats the difference if a resident or a non resident kills a deer its the same money for the tag.

I have bought two non resident tags over the years and did not fill either of them.
Both years I drew a tag so i bought a extra tag to hunt in a open unit.

I buy a resident non-resident tag every year. one for muleys and one for whitetail......I sure hope all the gripeing doesn't screw that up.

Havn't pulled the trigger on a muley in a few years BTW.

>Whats the difference if a resident
>or a non resident kills
>a deer its the same
>money for the tag.

The difference is that a resident is much more likely to fill the non resident tag. The non resident hunter is not meat hunting and usually doesn't have as much time to fill the tag. More tags filled equals less mature bucks.

NOT TRUE! If you look at nonresident harvest rates they are much higher than residents. This translates to almost every state in the West. A non-res is more likely to shoot a smaller buck the last day they are able to hunt where as a resident knows that there is always more season to try and fill out. I have bought a leftover tag every year since available and only filled it once and that was a mistake. I look at it as a donation most years. This has been a very good revenue source for the F&G.

I'm 0 for 18 on deer and elk in the draws, which I can live with. Why isn't the a five year wait if you do draw???

I agree there should be a 5 year waiting
period on deer and elk.

Where I am from there are probably 50 guys
that buy deer tags for Idaho, I would guess
that 10% are succesfull and none of them
are meat bucks, we don't pay that kind of
money for a meat buck, If we wanted to do
that we would stay in our home state!

Also that number of 50 used to be closer
to 300, that is a lot of lost revenue,
and you can blame that on poor management.

I agree there should be a 5 year what for non-residents who draw.
Its only fair that you give other non-residents a chance to draw.

NO POINTS SYSTEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its not fair mom I did not draw again and he gets a tag every year.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-12-09 AT 08:11PM (MST)[p]POINTS SYSTEM!!!!!!!!

residents can keep it how it is, non-resisdents can have a point system, like Wyoming does it.

fwiw, I am native to Idaho,but moved away years ago. and have been appying there longer than anywhere. NEVER drawn a tag. I have the points in utah to gurentee me an elk tag next year, been applying in utah for about half the time as Idaho, some years i apply in low draw odds units, other years easy to draw units, i have watched friends draw area's i put in for several times. no way is no points better.

BTW in order for you residents to be able to buy a "non-resident " tag as a second license, doesn't there have to be some left un-sold? Thats my understanding. So it seems that non-residents aren't buying the allotment of tags F&G put out for them.

Even if the F&G called and said I could have any elk/deer tag I wanted this year, what unit would I have a decent chance at a 390 bull in??? Or what unit might I have a relative chance of finding a 190 buck in? In my opinion neither exists. The fish and game has got to set aside some units to manage strictly for trophy animals and then actually MANAGE them. 45 is in the crapper unless your after 180" 3x3's. 40/42 elk hunt has a super tagger behind every rock. C'mon numbers are way down let's get this state turned around in the right direction.

Kicker

I agree everybody should have the same
waiting periods, but that is how the
majority of residents think.

"It is all the nonresidents fault"

I think the fish and game "commission" should be abolished, as stated in another thread you have a Senator building a high fence ranch in the middle of a major migration winter range corridor, and was prior to that put on the commission a few years back. Talk about a fox in a hen house, he had wildlife's best interest in mind there by golly. There have been a few other appointments where I questioned why someone would be given say over management... and all you Utahn's please start the process where I would be eligible as a nonresident to hunt cwmu's for free and not have to pay to play, then you can have your points up here in Idaho, only fair... I mean drawing the Heaton ranch would be swell,Redd ranches for elk would be killer too.. if only I could put in for it like you do as residents, and maybe if I could buy my states left over tags for 30.00 something dollars or more that would be sweet, after all their are only meat hunts left down there right?? Maybe get a couple of doe tag's to help out with management. Same goes for Colorado and their RFW system. Point is there is always something in every state that sucks... I think Utah and Colorado has shown us how well them point schemes work in getting you a tag for a premo Unit, I do not support preference and especially not bonus points, but if it had to be Nevada's system is what I like... Here in Idaho I had a recent streak of hunting bucks for 5 years straight if you pick right units and season's you can hunt some of these controlled units yearly that don't start with the number 4.... Get your hunt on!!
tixs,lodging,for you
cruises,trips for her!
songdogtravel.com

Hate to tell ya, Nevada's system is'nt much better. The better tags are extremely tough to draw (especially non-res)and their points system guarantees nothing. couple that with the fact that they dont even supply you with tag numbers till after you put in. I hope you're young if your going for a top tier tag in Nevada.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-18-09 AT 04:03PM (MST)[p]I have not, and when I have went to buy the past two season's to get a general season over the counter Northern Utah tag as a nonresident I waited too long and they sold out leftover non resident tags to the resident hunters picking up a second tag when they go on sale in late summer and last time I checked they were about 30.00 dollars for a Utah resident. Just checked this year's fees a two doe tag is 40, and general season 35.00 . This is unless your game dept has been feeding me a line and you actually have to pay nonresident rates on these tags..

And Jake Nevada's tags are slim because their agency is very conservative, I put in for several states I do not want a point system in Idaho because even being young guarantees nothing in draw states, what I like is the 1-5 choice that you can list and have a chance to draw then they move on to the next guy. Some states their is no realistic thing as second choice ect on top tags that are antlered species according to statistics.

Get your hunt on!!
tixs,lodging,for you
cruises,trips for her!
songdogtravel.com

In Utah you can not have more
than one deer tag, the ones
that are sold out are leftovers
from the draw, that people either
did not put in or did not draw
there first choice area.

Sean, I must have misunderstood what they were telling me, the impression I had was they were extra tags drawn from general hunts Usually archery, muzzleloader that have a certain time to sell then they open them to residents.

Get your hunt on!!
tixs,lodging,for you
cruises,trips for her!
songdogtravel.com

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom