another 4x4 utah buck

U

utahbowhunter

LAST EDITED ON Sep-09-09 AT 01:16AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Sep-09-09 AT 01:15?AM (MST)

i killed this buck opening evening on public land. shot him at 20 yards with the two blade rage broadhead. he is 4x4 with only one eye gaurd. i havent got him scored yet, what do you think he will score?
4aa755e7297aa9ab.jpg

http://www.monstermuleys.info/dcforum/User_files/4aa7560a29ca62f3.
4aa756372a41339c.jpg

He had about another 2 inches of growth left but it was either take him or someone else would have. as I was gutting him two other hunters walked up on me and they were hunting the same buck

Score don't matter, I wouldn't hesitate to take one that size. Did the Rage broadhead perform as advertised? Congrats on a great looking buck.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-09-09 AT 05:33AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Sep-09-09 AT 05:31?AM (MST)

>Score don't matter, I wouldn't hesitate
>to take one that size.
>Did the Rage broadhead perform
>as advertised? Congrats on a
>great looking buck.

best broadhead i've ever shot hands down. it exploded the his heart instantly and he went 20 yards and fell dead. shot him kindof on an angle and still punctured all the way through his shoulder and into his heart
4aa792135d461b87.jpg

Great buck and glad to hear that an expandable broadhead worked flawlessly on an angled shot!!

I tried the Rage 2 blade this year. I like the idea but they are a pain to hunt with. I made a stalk on a very nice buck and when I let the arrow fly one of the blades came open and that arrow flew like crap. Then as I tried for a second shot the blades came open and I had to try and get them back in while I was pissing down both legs watching the buck stare at me. Well I went home and shot all of my rage. The ones that stayed closed flew great. But the 2 that opened in flight made a funny noise in the air and I couldnt even hit the broad side of a barn. That day I went to sportsmans and bought what I used last year, Muzzys.

Congrats on a sweet buck! nice job and im glad they worked for you.

That is a great buck. It probably doesn't matter what he'll score except in memories and the smile it'll put on your face every time you think about it.

The rage is a great head just grind two small groves at the front end of the head and put a tiny rubber band to hold the blades togather at all times. Trust me it works great. It will not affect the flight at all and going in and out of the quiver is simple after that. Done it for the last 3 animals one elk and 2 deer and worked awsome.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom