Another ewe...from a few months back.

Z

I've owed you guys this for a while but have been busy, so I'm sorry it took me this long to post up. Also, I have four papers due this weekend, so I'm procrastinating and you guys are helping :)

I want to thank Ron for his help with information and, ultimately, getting me on sheep.

Got within 60 of the herd with my bow and in trying to verify it was a ewe, I got spotted. From there, after trying to get in close some more and failing, I figured I wasn't going to get within bow range again and pulled the rifle out of my pack for a 150 yard shot. Spent the rest of the day deboning and slowly packing out the meat due to the terrain. The shot was at 3 PM, so I was in a hurry to get down. I was solo and didn't see a soul on this hunt. Opening day, I shared camp with two other hunters I stumbled into the night before and didn't see one sheep that day. I had to be back in town for a microbiology exam so I left that night. Went back the following weekend and sealed the deal.

I'm going with a table top pedestal. Those of you that know me know I am obsessed with one day hunting ibex, either in Spain, the -stans, or New Mexico. For that reason, I have started calling this one my mini-ibex.

4483dsc00988.jpg

3791dsc00990.jpg

7154img_1257.jpg

>Congrats, was this in NM?
>
>Big bases on that ewe's horns!
>

Nv....first year they do ewe tags. It was a great hunt and perfect introduction for the first time sheep hunter.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom