Another old man looking to burn elk points in 2023

huntjock

Disclaimer: I understand the risk one takes to post here anymore, but here goes...

Summary: I have 15 elk points, I'm 64 and have serious health issues. I am looking for some suggestions for hunt units, archery or rifle, but preferably rifle. I can kill out to 800 yds but prefer inside 500 yds. Archery I won't shoot outside of 50 yds. I plan to be available to hunt the whole season. The terrain needs to be relatively easy. Preferred DIY/self-guided, but I will go guided if I can find a guide who can get me on some decent bulls without too much strain (no horsebacking - at least not right now). In any case, I will need to find a packer.

I'd like the option to invite one of my sons and/or a friend.

I am open to ANY suggestions from you awesome MM members.
Thanks
Neil

p.s. crazy to think that just 4 short hunting seasons ago I had a successful solo WY Moose hunt. (I know, much different from an elk hunt, but heaving quarters in coolers into the back of a truck didn't seem like a huge deal then)

It's pricey but you should really consider Wagonhound Outfitters. They will meet all the requirements you mentioned, and then some.
I have hunted Wagonhound more than once. It is a great piece of property and the guides are certainly topnotch. They can get to much of the property by vehicle, but there is still effort and usually many bootprints required. Where the cattle roam it is open and fairly flat, but they do have steep hills with lots of big rocks and a big steep mountain in the back of the property.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom