another poaching rumor

S

stinkystomper

LAST EDITED ON Sep-27-11 AT 01:34PM (MST) by NMPaul (moderator)[p]LAST EDITED ON Sep-27-11 AT 01:33?PM (MST) by NMPaul (moderator)

I don't post on this forum often but read at least everyday. I DO NOT care much for rumors but would like to at least know the GMU area so I can keep an eye out for this type of activity. Would've been nice to have been able to read it NMPaul

Well the original post was more of a question - it didn't have any unit or area, just a question about the suspected person. The truth of it all will come to light and when it does, either it will blow the roof off this website completely or it is just a rumor. Either way, get your popcorn ready!

HOOK 'EM!

just glad it was taken down.People should think before they post.If you dont know for a fact do not start adding to the rumor.If it is true there will be some news or report on the crime then bring it to everyones attention.

I never read the post, but was told that stinkystomper was saying that I got caught poaching or something in New Mexico. I've never even been to New Mexico. The rumors don't surprise me much, cause there are those people out there who do that stuff. Stinkystomper is obviously one of them, trying to destroy my livelyhood with rumors like what I heard this thread said. I think the guy is a low life scum. He's tried it before and hopefully intelligent people can see him for what he is. People like that are just sick.

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com

It was on the Dutton in Utah the original post in the elk and utah forums has been pulled five or six times. There is a post still up in the utah forum now however.

What's going on here? Are you saying that stinkystomper is accusing you of poaching? Was it a joke or was it meant to be a serious accusation?

It doesn't look good deleting Stinky's post. If there is no credibility to his post why not dispute it with facts and destroy his credibility? Its a public forum, obviously something happened, if you only post your "approved" comments, why not just delete the post all together?

Founder didn't delete it.. read the post, the mod removed it and brian came on here after being told about the post.. He never saw the original one..

buck1.gif

Later, Brandon

>It doesn't look good deleting Stinky's
>post. If there is
>no credibility to his post
>why not dispute it with
>facts and destroy his credibility?
> Its a public forum,
>obviously something happened, if you
>only post your "approved" comments,
>why not just delete the
>post all together?

For some reason it would not allow me to delete the entire post.

The post needs to be deleted and I am sure Stinky would agree at this point.

I hope that answers your question. I forwarded it to Brian, and he may have the abilities to delete it and has not. This forum is his property so he can decide what he wants up and what he does not want up.

If your looking for a train wreck to gawk at this would not be it, stick around, there is normally one that pops up eventually.

I agree, he didn't remove it. The mod did, but again why not just delete the entire post and all the comments or leave the original and destroy Stinky for posting a false claim? Right now we see one side and a ton of post on the Utah thread again with supposedly deleted comments...sure smells fishy.

As I said previously, the original post was more of a verification formed as a question. It didn't say any name specifically it was just asking if anyone had heard a rumor about "the guy who runs this site" getting caught hunting out of season. It did not mention a state, a species or any details. I also received a text message about it and I haven't been able to trace it back to the original sender. I don't know if Stinkystomper started it, but he did choose to post the question here in the NM forum.

Why? I don't have a clue.

You will have to ask him, but I think that is how Founder and Browtine came to believe that the rumored incident happened in New Mexico. There is a thread in the Utah Forum that talks about there being an elk killed out of season in 2010 entitled ""Dunton Elk Shot After Season Ended 2010". Here is the link: http://www.monstermuleys.info/dcforum/DCForumID30/1378.html

In that thread, the rumormonger claims to have inside information about an "honest mistake" that occurred on the "Dunton" [sic] in 2010 in which a guide and his client killed a bull the day after the season ended becuase neither the guide nor the client understood that the hunt had acutally ended the day before until they were notified by the outfitter after the bull was down. At that point, the guide (who the rumormonger also accuses of being the one who actually pulled the trigger for the client) walked out on the client, leaving him to fend for himself. Throughout the thread it is insinuated both by the rumormonger and others that Founder was somehow involved.

As for the allegations in the rumor? Well as I said before, it is either a shocking truth or just a rumor. Looks like Founder and Browtine have confirmed that it is just that, a rumor and that the alleged incident has already been processed in the courts and is a matter of public record. I guess if we really want to take the time to find out the real truth, we can look it up for ourselves.

At least that is what I have been able to surmise and piece together about this whole mess going back and forth between this thread, the "Dunton" [sic] thread mentioned above, the text messages I received, and Facebook. Put two and two together - consider the sources and the allegations and figure it out for yourself.

We live in a world over-saturated by salacious media coverage of scandals and other shocking events. Everybody wants to be in on the ground floor - the first one to make the announcement, like they are proud of the fact that they know something you don't, or that they knew it first. It guess is gets you popularity brownie points or something. Anyway the point is that rumors are just that - rumors. They seem harmless at first, but they do damage that cannot often be easily repaired. I am glad Founder is sticking up for himself and hope that we can all just relax a little and not be so worried about everybody else's problems. Don't we have enough of our own?

HOOK 'EM!

Ya, I saw the comment in that Utah thread. That whole thread sounds stupid. Anyway, I haven't killed an elk in over 20 years and haven't hunted one in nearly that long. I did draw a Dutton tag this year, but returned it.
I don't know anything about the BS, but I wasn't involved, didn't shoot anything, wasn't there, wasn't even thinking about it. Really, I don't even want to hunt an elk all that much, but will one of these days since I have the points.

I personally think someone just thought it would be fun to throw my name out there. Maybe cause I let this stuff go on the site about other people sometimes, or maybe it's the guy I'll be testifying against here in a couple months in a poaching case, or maybe it's just stinkystomper trying to ruin MM again. I don't know. I really don't care all that much. Maybe I should, I don't know. I guess I just understand that there are a lot of idiots in this world we all have to deal with. LOL

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com

LAST EDITED ON Sep-28-11 AT 09:55AM (MST)[p]Well that is exactly what I thought too Brian is that "What?? - Founder doesn't hunt elk?" and the next thing I thought is that "What?? - Founder doesn't hunt with a guide either." And then finally when I saw the accusation that the guide had actually killed the bull instead of the client, I knew it could not be you at all. I just thought it would be funny to see all the idiots come out of the woodwork to get the scoop. Sorry your name got drug through it.

HOOK 'EM!

>Ya, I saw the comment in
>that Utah thread. That whole
>thread sounds stupid. Anyway, I
>haven't killed an elk in
>over 20 years and haven't
>hunted one in nearly that
>long. I did draw a
>Dutton tag this year, but
>returned it.
>I don't know anything about the
>BS, but I wasn't involved,
>didn't shoot anything, wasn't there,
>wasn't even thinking about it.
>Really, I don't even want
>to hunt an elk all
>that much, but will one
>of these days since I
>have the points.
>
>I personally think someone just thought
>it would be fun to
>throw my name out there.
>Maybe cause I let this
>stuff go on the site
>about other people sometimes, or
>maybe it's the guy I'll
>be testifying against here in
>a couple months in a
>poaching case, or maybe it's
>just stinkystomper trying to ruin
>MM again. I don't know.
>I really don't care all
>that much. Maybe I should,
>I don't know. I guess
>I just understand that there
>are a lot of idiots
>in this world we all
>have to deal with. LOL
>
>
>Brian Latturner
>MonsterMuleys.com

Brian, now this is a much better response! I read stinkys post before it got deleted & the "stupid" one in the Utah forumn. I agree that some type of action needed to happen.

Hindsight's always 20/20, but it would have looked better if Paul would have left stinky's post up and you would have replied with this first & put him in his place, rather than resort to name calling.

I have enjoyed this website for many years. I've met some really great people thru these forumns & I'm grateful for that. I've also had the opportunity to share my views regarding many things with other people & I like to think that I have contributed to helping New Mexico be a better place for all hunters.

Yes there will always be a few people who don't deserve to post on your website and there will always be people who have a different opinion on some things than I do. It is what it is.

At the end of the day we as hunters/outdoorsmen are in the same boat, right?

Now if only we could all row in the same direction, progress would be made!!

NO MORE childish GOSSIP/RUMORS! Leave that to the middle school dance team!

Cheers!
Sean

Why was my post /reply deleted then? I simply said that I had google it and hoped it wasnt true, never accused and even said Brian was a pretty good guy..????????

Brian, I didn't repost anything nor did I try to. My original post was to find out if anyone knew of anything. That is all.

Just so you know your friends in utah were the ones contacting me to see if I knew anything. Just so you know mr ##### the rumor is exactly this and this is all I know. You were caught hunting out of season and had already been prosecuted. Supposedly this happened recently. Don't worry about a reply. I've tried many times to be nice to you and apologize for one eruption I had with you 3 years ago but apparently you have "grudge issues"! You need to learn forgiveness and move on.

See you at your mm booth in slc this year.

And no this didn't happen in NM. I don't know where it happened at. If you want to know where the rumors are coming from you may want to ask your closest friends!

Tony,

Brian may not ask who but I would like to know. Brian and I share many friends and if one of them started this rumor i'd like to know so I can dis-associate myself from them. Please post it here or PM me.

buck1.gif

Later, Brandon

Probably bobcatbess. LOL

Slick

"The Road goes on forever & the Party never Ends"

>....leave the comedy to the experts
>stinky....you have zero ability....
>
>
>
>
>JB
>
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

+1

[Font][Font color = "green"]Here's my signature. It's green so no one will think I am actually saying something related to this post. [font/]

Thanks for everyone who posted..It cleared up alot. Doesn't concern me since I only hunt NM. Thought since this was NM Forum it was here.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom