Another sad tale for shed hunters

JUDAS!

People can afford to Run a Copter for Sheds?

Hope to Hell they are OK!

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

I hope they're OK too!

Shed hunting has certainly become BIG BUSINESS!

I remember when a shed was something you just stumbled upon and then dropped it back where it was. Our thoughts were "why the hell would you pack it home?"

My, how things have changed!

Zeke

>I hope they're OK too!
>
>Shed hunting has certainly become BIG
>BUSINESS!
>
>I remember when a shed was
>something you just stumbled upon
>and then dropped it back
>where it was. Our thoughts
>were "why the hell would
>you pack it home?"
>
>My, how things have changed!
>
>Zeke

No kidding! Even when I was a kid (not long ago), There were 4 sheds in/around my parents house. One was a giant 10 point set which was actually he found and sawed off a wolf kill. The other was a couple of 8 points I sawed the brow tines off for rattling. I don't see how this pendulum will ever swing back the other way.

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer?

Come on Guys!

Really?

I'm always one step behind in the Game!

I get My Condor/Drone finally this year & now Copters are taking the Air in search of the Gold!

I remember when everybody but me had good Optics!

I remember a few years back when everybody had a Wheeler but me!

I knew I was a little late by not getting the Condor until this year!

But Sweet GEEZUS!

Now I've gotta compete with Copters?

Again,I hope they find these Guys Safe!

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

First off, I hope they are found safe and sound.

second... helicopters for shed hunting????? Good grief! And still nobody thinks this is a BUSINESS on PUBLIC that should related in someway?

[font color="blue"]I don't make the soup, I just stir it.[/font]

I'd like to know how many pounds of antler per hour are needed to be found for it to be a profit when using a helicopter?
Any pilots out there?

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer?

Well Mntman, I think you just figured our why they went down. TOO MANY ANTLERS FOR THE CHOPPER'S CAPACITY!
They must've hit the mother lode!

Zeke

PS: I still hope all is well and they have a tale to tell upon their safe return!

As a helicopter pilot, I fully agree with what everyone has posted. Even an R22 which is mainly used as a training helicopter is fairly expensive to operate. That particular helicopter is under powered. Especially at higher altitudes. The thing that is also very irritating is if you are using a helicopter to search for sheds, you are also harassing wildlife. You have to be very low level (below 100 ft and lower) to even see a shed from the air.
Hope they are found safe and sound, but I have my doubts.

Hope they're okay.

I figured it was an outfitter trying to find what size of bulls made it through the winter.

Grizzly

I just saw on the news that both people in the helicopter died. What a shame. They said one guy was from the Beaver area of Utah and the other from St. George.

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com
Will you LIKE MonsterMuleys.com on Facebook! I need a friend....

nvbighorn, +10. 2,ooo.ooo in antler sells alone, gas beer tires food, .ect ect ect, who knows., money going back to wild life, 0. something is not right..... I allso hope these guys are allright ., elkassassin using helicopters to find antlers is old stuff, your way behind, using a drone is a poor boys basin way..

LAST EDITED ON Apr-07-14 AT 06:33PM (MST)[p]Sad deal. I would assume they weren't looking at it as money making deal...or even breaking even. The thrill of the chase. I don't think most of us expect a monetary return on our outdoor pursuits. In that case, deer meat better be worth about $67 a pound.

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=29378813&ni...sing-helicopter-in-grand-county&s_cid=queue-3

You're Right elkun!

I'm always behind the Game!

But with My Condor at least my feet are on the Ground!

6524drone.jpg

Remember elkun!

You can't shoot Condors!:D

elkassassin, for a small fee I can keep your conndor safe??, their is many ways to lose a condor out south, ( condor eating eagles, pissed off wood cuters, paid piss,off wood cuters, slant eyed forest cop'.like I said many many dangerous things out south. Don't be foolish. its such a small fee.,

Hey guys keep it civil. These were good friends of mine. They were fathers, sons, husbands, hunters , hounds men , and average people. They will be missed dearly by their family and friends me included my gut has been in a knot all day.They are still all in shock. Keep their families in you prayers, they are going to need it.

>Hey guys keep it civil. These
>were good friends of mine.
>They were fathers, sons, husbands,
>hunters , hounds men ,
>and average people. They will
>be missed dearly by their
>family and friends me included
>my gut has been in
>a knot all day.They are
>still all in shock. Keep
>their families in you prayers,
>they are going to need
>it.

Sorry to hear it Deer1975!

Tough Deal right there for sure!

Thanks Bessy for your condolences. I am dreading the funeral. It's going to be tough. Just so you all know this pilot owned a heli buisness. It wasn't like some guy payed someone else to look for sheds. These guys were just hangin out being themselves.

If I had/had access to a Chopper everybody here at MM would Hate me!

I've always thought it would be Cool as Hell!

Just Curious Deer1975?

They Find quite a few Sheds?

Again,Sorry about your Friends!

I couldn't tell you if they found any sheds. So let me ask you this. If your brother in law had a 40' yacht and invited you to go tuna fishing in the Gulf of Mexico I'm sure you would go fishing. If your brother in law had a 10 seat razor with hookers and beer I'm sure you would go, we'll maybe not you hate ATV's . These guys were probably doing more than shed hunting. Probably just flying around having a good time when something tragic happend.

>I couldn't tell you if they
>found any sheds. So let
>me ask you this. If
>your brother in law had
>a 40' yacht and invited
>you to go tuna fishing
>in the Gulf of Mexico
>I'm sure you would go
>fishing. If your brother in
>law had a 10 seat
>razor with hookers and beer
>I'm sure you would go,
>we'll maybe not you hate
>ATV's . These guys were
>probably doing more than shed
>hunting. Probably just flying around
>having a good time when
>something tragic happend.

Ya!

I'd have to Pass on the Razor Deal!:D

But I have been looking for a Friend with a Chopper forever!

There'd be a Few Bucks & Bulls I'd like to see Close-Up!

Again,Sorry about your Friends!

LAST EDITED ON Apr-08-14 AT 00:14AM (MST)[p]Deer1975, sorry for the loss of your friends.

I just reread what I posted earlier. Damn phones and autocomplete. Should have read regulated not related. But it doesn't really matter. Two guys are gone and that sucks.

[font color="blue"]I don't make the soup, I just stir it.[/font]

It's terrible news. I can't imagine going up in a helicopter for a fun day of sightseeing and maybe findin some elk sheds, and having it end tragically...

Condolences to those who knew these men. God bless.

"Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion!" 2 Ne. 28: 24

Very sad news. Condolences to both families.

Hawkeye

Browning A-Bolt 300 Win Mag
Bowtech Destroyer
Winchester Apex .50 Cal

That's too bad. I was hoping for good news.

What started as a day with a couple friends cruising through the mountains turned into a real tragedy. Condolences to their families.

Grizzly

Two buddies, getting together, to have some fun...

Could'a been anyone here easy enough, i know it could'a been me and a buddy many times over and over. Sure, probably not in a chopper but i been out plenty of times and every time you go out there in them woods, you take your chances that something terribly wrong can happen.

What they were doing exactly is beside the point. They could have took a ride to go fishing, looking for mushrooms, firewood... You pay the money for the "E" ticket ride, you takes your chances.

My condolences to Friends and Family!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

If I remember correctly, There were some guys a few years ago that got in trouble for flying a helicopter up on the mountain and landing to go look for shed antlers. The place they landed was on winter range that was shut down to motorized access until a certain date. They were turned in and received some pretty hefty fines.

So very sad for both families ...and for all their friends.
Condolences to all affected by this tragedy!
Zeke

>I think a Condor tune -
>up is in order...

Be Nice DeerMadness!

Remember when I first mentioned the High Country TUNE-UP about 16 years ago?

Got My Ass Jumped by about 99% of people!

Don't Screw with my Condor!:D

Sad for the families. I know a guy who buys antlers. Some great sportsmen from Beaver area donating there antler money to the families involved. There are a lot of good people out there.

Thought and prayers to the families.

Sad deal...for the families especially!

Speaking for my self only! I could think of a lot worse ways to to go, when God decides it is time there is not much of a choice... When I am going to meet the big man, I hope to go out in style. This would be a fine way to go IMO, with a good buddy, doing something they loved. WE ALL DIE, NOT MANY OF US REALLY LIVE!!!

GOD BLESS THEM AND THEIR FAMILIES!!!!!!

A friend and I have done the same thing a few times this year. But in a plane and more to get an idea where they will shed. As we are in the air flying canyons, I often think what if we pile drive that hill. My thought has been there are worse ways to go and I'm not scared to go but it's those that you will leave behind that will suffer. The thing about life is you never know when it's your time or how it will happen. Until it does, enjoy life and make sure your family knows how much you love them.

>
>
>A friend and I have done
>the same thing a few
>times this year. But in
>a plane and more to
>get an idea where they
>will shed. As
>we are in the air
>flying canyons, I often think
> what if we pile
>drive that hill.
>My thought has been there
>are worse ways to go
>and I'm not scared to
>go but it's those that
>you will leave behind that
>will suffer.
> The thing about life
>is you never know when
>it's your time or how
>it will happen.
> Until it does, enjoy
>life and make sure your
>family knows how much you
>love them.
>

So booty?

You're Flyin too?

then you wonder why the laws are coming,,, what a joke most shed hunting has turned in to..

I really don't see the any different if they was in a helicopter or a truck, They lost their lives out shed hunting, Doing something they enjoyed. Their families are the one's hurting now. My prayers go out the families.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

I nominate Dreamionabout huntin for ##### of the day.
It doesn't matter what they were doing. Two young families lost their fathers. They were not doing anything illegal. Would it make you feel better if it was an ATV accident.
Just so you know. Most of the shed hunting on these trips is done by foot. They use the helicopter to access the area.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom