Another Wolf , Southern Utah

AZMIGHTYMULIES

2610wolf_sighting.jpg

A buddy of mine took this picture up on Cedar Mountain and this Wolf does have a Collar on it . By the looks of it I was convinced, so I went to work . After several phone calls I was finally able to reach a USFS Wildlife Biologist whom is in charge of the Wolf Reintroduction Program . Ironically today , the USFS also received DNA Testing samples from scat that came from the Wolf on the North Kaibab . Tests have confirmed these wolves are coming all the way from Wyoming .

"These wolves," how do you know it isn't the same wolf? Pretty interesting that they (or it) would travel so far. There is some pretty damn good unoccupied wolf habitat between Yellowstone and the Grand Canyon. Lots of wildlife and livestock to eat. So much for that 3 million (or whatever it was) the state of Utah paid for wolf lobbying.

And the cancer spreads. Both in the mountains and in the Whitehouse.

Eel

It's written in the good Book that we'll never be asked to take more than we can. Sounds like a good plan, so bring it on!

>That's a wolf fellas. %100
>sure.

looks like any rest home companion dog to me.....100% sure????...really???

I will score him for you if you have the carcass though.....

9626emporor_obama.jpg

250 lbs?

>If that was a real wolf,
>he'd be WAY taller than
>that guardrail. Damn things weigh
>250 pounds. mtmuley

[font color="redhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMsueOnu0kY

Maybe it's a younger wolf.
I shot a wolf and I'm here to tell you, they're big! I'm not sure if they get 250lbs but damn they're hard to drag.
A friend of mine shot one too. He said he was surprised how long it took to dig a hole big enough for it.

mtmuley, you must be a utard !! that is the dumbest comment ever . the largest wolf taken in idaho by hunting or trapping in the years it has been opened is 135 pounds . average 90-125 pounds . so know your facts dumb ass !!!!

Now I can see TARDS SPLAININ to the Warden how they thought it was a 'BIG' Coyote!:D

But SPLAININ a 250 lb Coyote to a Warden might be kinda Funny!:D

There's one thing for sure!

They ever Plant/Reintroduce the MUTTS here in TARDville they will not last!

LAST EDITED ON Nov-23-14 AT 07:02AM (MST)[p]HunterN8, do a search in the Montana forum. I see you are new and have no idea what I know about wolves and how big they are. And please don't call me a dumbass till you know who you are calling a dumbass. And if you have a 3rd grader in the house, ask them about punctuation and capitalization. mtmuley

Sorry you all that don't think this is a Wolf , but I was able to confirm that it is in fact a Wolf . USFS was able to get a signal off this Wolf Collar . The USFS was on scene yesterday , mile marker 16 up Cedar City Canyon Tracking this Wolf through the snow in hopes of finding scat . The other Wolf that has been seen on the North Kaibab , the Collar has malfunctioned and is no longer working . The USFS was going to continue to try catching this Wolf on the Kaibab to replace it's Collar but have decided to wait until Winter is over . So yes , 2 Different Wolves within 100 miles .

So elkun?

How Deep's the Hole gotta be so they think the Collar has Malfunctioned?

Another thing that amazes me is:

Some Think this Wolf/Wolves made the several hundred Mile Journey over night!

JUDAS!

elkun, Why do you bother? I have you pegged based on your grammar and the useless content of your posts. And you call ME a dumbass. Unbelievable. mtmuley

elkassassin. wolffeys hole does not matter..take coller to humane society, hide it in dog grave yard. ,watch paper for results .

My buddy seen wolves the other day on the Wasatch front. No joke we had a buddy from Wyoming along with and he confirmed they were definitely wolves.

Well!

If a TARDS Word is confirmed by a Wyoming person then it's GOSPEL!

>My buddy seen wolves the other
>day on the Wasatch front.
>No joke we had a
>buddy from Wyoming along with
>and he confirmed they were
>definitely wolves.

I seen an alien walking a wolf the other day just outside of the Walmart here in syracuse. I had a walcreature confirm that it was in fact, not a average Walmart customer...........

>Well!
>
>If a TARDS Word is confirmed
>by a Wyoming person then
>it's GOSPEL!
>
>
That's the truest thing you have ever said.

The SSS don't work so throw it on a train headed east.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Don't tell elkun that sss don't work!

>The SSS don't work so throw
>it on a train headed
>east.
>
>"I have found if you go
>the extra mile it's Never
>crowded".
>>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Tell that to the rancher in NM after he did a SSS and left the collar on and buried the Mexican grey dog and collar 10 ft down then parked his backhoe on top of it, They came right to the spot. Last I heard it cost right around a little more then $10 grand.

Ya!

But elkun takes the Collars to the Humane Society!

Big Mistake the NM Rancher made!

Ya gotta remember GATOR!

The SSS was Pioneered at the 3 Legged Dog!

>
>Now I can see TARDS SPLAININ
>to the Warden how they
>thought it was a 'BIG'
>Coyote!:D
>
>But SPLAININ a 250 lb Coyote
>to a Warden might be
>kinda Funny!:D
>
>There's one thing for sure!
>
>They ever Plant/Reintroduce the MUTTS here
>in TARDville they will not
>last!

>
> [font
>color="redhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMsueOnu0kY

It's not a big coyote. It must be a dog/wolf hybrid...or so says Colorado CPW.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-24-14 AT 09:07PM (MST)[p]...they parked the back-hoe on top of the bury site? Who would do such a thing?

LOL, Best i laughed all night! That's funny, thanks!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Whats the law for shooting a wolf in Utah??? Would one get in trouble mistaking it for a oversized coyote?? I wander what kind of trouble a guy would get into??

Sage
I guess because he shot in his yard that if he made it look like he parked his tractor there it would be a spot they wouldn't look. But he!! I wouldn't really know why. All I can tell you is what His brother told me that happen.

Gator, oh, i could see it happening that way, just not real smart.

What struck me so funny, Bury the Wolf , if you will, but not with the radio collar still on so that they could track the location to within feet of the site, and then with the guys digger parked on top?. Busted!

That collar should have been on a Flat car on the first train headed West. That would have made the news i'll tell ya! lol

Now, i wouldn't mess with the critters myself, you see, but if one were too, they might try to use the brains God gave them. lol

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

3-legged dog rule no 3.!!!, if your are going to fxxx with the feds, use your head,,(buried the collar with the dog must of been mtmuley!!!!,,,,}

Shooting a collared wolf in N.Mex and burying it is not too smart. Everybody knows you have to beat the collar with a big hammer (too make it unoperable) before you bury.

from the "Heartland of Wyoming"

i'd be concerned with where the last place the collar was before it started acting like it wasn't attached to a live wolf.

Maybe it could but i doubt that the collar could send receivable signals from 10' under ground. They did probably though, know just where it stopped sending signals and surprise surprise, a backhoe there sitting just on top of that spot. :)

Joey

if I remember right most collars ,work on motion when the dog ect, does not move in a given time , they think he is dead.. new ones might have more tec, to them...

LAST EDITED ON Dec-29-14 AT 04:44PM (MST)[p]Hopefully it was the same one but I doubt it. There are probably more than we think migrating south.
I can't believe the idiot turned himself in! The only thing he accomplished was getting himself possibly thousands in fines and/or loss of hunting priveleges and rallying the animal activist nazi's! I've already read multiple comments on news sites and social media where people are saying Utah should stop the coyote bounty program and the hunting of coyotes period just to ensure another wolf is not accidently shot.

To bad there wasn't a picture of the dead Wolf. I could have showed my grandsons what a "Good" Wolf looks like.

It would be nice to see if they are the same one or if it a different one totally. He could headed back up north, But I for one doubt it.

Gator, I've got a decent relationship with the USFS Biologists , the same Biologists who have been coordinating/managing the Wolf Reintroduction Program . I spoke with Mr.Humphreys just yesterday in fact . My relationship was in part due to other Projects and programs they have been managing , such as the 200k acre Wildlife Habitat Restoration project on unit 13a of the AZ Strip. Most of the projects, Mechanical railing, control burning etc is within the Parashaunt Monument.
Anyways , Mr. Humphrey's was saying the wolf that was shot, is likely the same Female Wolf that was also on the North Rim Grand Canyon. Both Female wolves came from Cody Wyoming and both wolves, the batteries on the Tracking collars are dead. The took DNA samples from the wolf that was shot and are comparing it to the DNA that was taken from the scat that was collected from the Female wolf that was on the North Rim Kaibab . It will be around 7 weeks before they confirmation . I'll find out more information when the results come out .

Thanks Mike, let us all know the answer to that.

These wolves need to be shot on sight. Having wolves in Utah, Colorado, Arizona and most other states was never part of the agreement that got them introduced into Montana, Wyoming and Idaho.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom