Antelope 22, Mule deer E.

AndyWoods

LAST EDITED ON Oct-26-16 AT 12:33PM (MST)[p]Hey everyone, I am new on here and wondering if I could get some advice/info. I have never hunted anything other than kansas turkey and whitetail and I am planning a trip to wyoming to try my hand at antelope and muleys. I am deploying with the army in the near future and convinced my wife that when I get back I get to go with a buddy on a hunting trip. So I am applying for area 22 for antelope and area E for muley. We are looking at right before deer season to hunt 22 and try to get our antelope then travel over to area E to try our hands at muleys. Does anyone have anything that could possibly help us out for this trip?

22 has some great antelope in it, but unless you have access to private land you better have a gps with the landowner chip in it. I hunt just south of there but did spend the day driving around 22 to see what I could find. Found several nice bucks on public even on the 2nd day of the season but you really need to know where you are!!

I had unit 22 doe antelope tags this year and I will tell you that there is almost no public land in that unit that is worth hunting. What is there is either inaccessible or in such small amounts that it doesn't hold animals. Much of the private is leased up. If you want to pay an access fee, I would stay in the SE part of the unit. I saw many more antelope in this area. Lots of hunters throughout the unit.

Thanks guys I already planned on getting the chip. Missalot do you know if that private land is all outfitters or if they do trespassing fees? I'm not against spending 100 a gun to get access. Again thanks for the help guys!

>Thanks guys I already planned on
>getting the chip. Missalot
>do you know if that
>private land is all outfitters
>or if they do trespassing
>fees? I'm not against
>spending 100 a gun to
>get access. Again thanks
>for the help guys!

There are ranches that do trespass but most of the private is outfitter leased. But I doubt you are going to find anybody willing to let you shoot a buck for a $100 per gun, think its getting closer to $250-$500 for a quality ranch.

One other thing you should do is call the bio out of the local Wyoming Fish and Game office. Not sure who is in charge of 22 but I think it should be Dan Thiele out of the Buffalo office - 307-684-2801. Dan is a great guy and really knows his units well and might have a recommendation of who you could call for access. Its him or Erika Peckham out of Gillette 307-670-8164.

Good luck!!

Awesome thank you so much!! And I think I will wait a little closerun to next year before calling and bothering people, although I do plan on it!

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom