Antelope 46-1

treedagain

Long Time Member
Grandson drew this on his last year of youth eligibility. Which of the 2 HMA's would be best? How about lodging? Medicine Bow?
Thanks

Simpson ridge is HMA you will want to have. Unless something has changed, the only two places to stay in Medicine Bow are The Virginian and the Trampass Inn. Stay at The Virginian, but be prepared to transported about 100 years back in time. Trophy quality isn’t great, but you will have a heck of a good time. Please feel free to pm if you have any more questions.

I don't know that I would recc. staying in Med Bow right now. Wind farm going up and lots of workers there.
Maybe contact Tyler Sims and see if he has room in one of his cabins he rents at Arlington.

I would not stay in the Virginian. It is old rooms, very small with old beds and shared bathrooms. They also own the Trampus lodge in Medicine Bow which is a standard motel. I have not stayed there, but see more hunters staying there than the Virginian.

Rich

I have stayed at both and I would much prefer the Virginian. It is everything you said, but it is old, has history and an excuse for being what is is. Unless the Trampas has changed substantially since I stayed there, it’s a sh!t hole without the excuses.

Not sure about the exact location and availability of the cabins, but they look like a great option.

Last edited:
Lots of wind farm and line workers in Med Bow right now. Saw work trucks at the hotels and lots of trailers around town.
Check into the small motel in Rock River or Tyler's cabins.

I'd stay in Elk Mountain on the south side of the unit. The hotel is super. There are two places that have cabins. Elk Mountain cabins is excellent. You can also camp on the G&F Wick unit. Kinda fun. North of I-80 is open and antelope are sometimes around. South side is prettier but out of your hunt area.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom