Antelope 63-2

ORIONTHEHUNTER

Very Active Member
Would like to chat with someone via pm or phone about this unit if you've been in there the last couple of years. Looking to cash out my daughters points before she ages out of the youth price next year. Been looking at this unit and 47-2. Thanks for any insights. Willing to help in Colorado where I can.

Would like to chat with someone via pm or phone about this unit if you've been in there the last couple of years. Looking to cash out my daughters points before she ages out of the youth price next year. Been looking at this unit and 47-2. Thanks for any insights. Willing to help in Colorado where I can.
I’ve hunted both units before , but not since these last 2 monster winters ! I’d rate 63-2 as better because of better viewing of the antelope & more broken up landscapes, especially around Pathfinder Resvr. , plus it’s easier to hunt since there is a patch of BLM land right between Pathfinder & the ranch to the NE that has /had lots of Antelope on it & they come out of that ranch 2x daily to water at Pathfinder- you can sit on that BLM land & watch & ambush them easily ! I’ve done it. Getting permission to cross that private land off the main highway was easy- the ranch house sits very out in the open from the highway- it’s named the Pathfinder Ranch.
Unit 47-2 turns into a circus after the 1 st season- lots of hunters, & it’s very open & antelope get really wild & spooky. Tough hunting !
I’ll be happy to tell you all I know on anything there. 63-2 is a good one to go to.! 😁
But, the numbers of antelope may be way down from the terrible winter losses !!!
Jerry Gold- in Windsor, Colorado
[email protected]
307-772-1623- cell

Pathfinder Ranch was sold a few years ago. Unless something has changed, the hunting was leased out by the new owners. Spent some time in 47 last years. There were antelope to hunt, but the numbers were in the toilet.

So sorry to hear that ! Darn bad luck there ! There is still quite a lot of BLM land around Pathfinder Resvr that can be accessed by BLM roads which are many in that area by simply coming off Hwy 220 from Muddy Gap to Casper. I’ve been all over that area many times- before these last 2 killer winters did the huge kill offs. Will take years to recover !
Jerry Gold/ 😁🍀

So sorry to hear that ! Darn bad luck there ! There is still quite a lot of BLM land around Pathfinder Resvr that can be accessed by BLM roads which are many in that area by simply coming off Hwy 220 from Muddy Gap to Casper. I’ve been all over that area many times- before these last 2 killer winters did the huge kill offs. Will take years to recover !
Jerry Gold/ 😁🍀
I live nearby these areas. Guess you know more about these "last 2 killer winters" than I do. I know of one recently, but not two. If there are licenses issued, there are antelope to hunt. Anyone that can't find antelope in any area, has a serious problem finding game that has a lot of white on their body and lives in the wide open spaces all day long.

Get the area with the most accessible public land and you'll do fine.

47- 2 can be challenging for a young hunter. Those antelope do get really wild after the type 1 season and they are hard to get close to after that but it can be done

I am sure you would do fine in 63. I was out that way last fall. Definitely less antelope than there were in 2020 (also following a tough winter) but I bet you have no problem finding some animals to hunt. Terrain varies, which is fun, and antelope can be found low or high (mid).

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom