Antelope 92 & 60

carnicero

My son has a 92-1 tag and I have a 60-1 tag. We'll both be hunting rifle only. He'll be hunting in October (in college and can't get away until then). I'll be out in September and so on until the tags filled. Would appreciate any info or experiences anyone who has had one of these tags before is willing to share. Thanks.

No problem filling a tag in either area. I would hold out for a superstar in 60 since you are going back.

Big Tip, normally the best hunting for big bucks in 60 is towards the end of the season.

My group has had 3 tags in 92 over the past 3 years (last year excluded_. We killed a 72", 78" and an 82". If you hold out in 02 and look over a pile of nice antelope you can kill a great antelope!

Great unit in my opinion.

>My group has had 3 tags
>in 92 over the past
>3 years (last year excluded_.
> We killed a 72",
>78" and an 82".
>If you hold out in
>02 and look over a
>pile of nice antelope you
>can kill a great antelope!
>
>
>Great unit in my opinion.

^^^^
I think the same can be said for unit 60. It's a special tag... as you probably already know. You should be able to find a whopper!
Zeke

My son and I have tags in unit 92 also. We have been up there looking around and there are a lot of antelope. There are also elk, and wild horses, so there is always something to be looking at. We are trying to kill the best ones we can find but I would be happy to stay in touch before and after our trip. Good luck to ya.

Absolutely. I think I'm heading out there over Labor Day to do some scouting, will probably spend a little time over on 92 and the remainder of the time on 60. Good luck to you too, hopefully its been a good growing year for the goats.

You will be able to see lots of bucks together around Labor Day to get a good comparison of size. Be advised that they'll separate out as the rut approaches, but if you have a special one in mind he probably won't be too far away from where you saw him earlier.

Take a full size spare and plenty of tools to get you out of a jam. That is remote country. I have a friend who got two flats out there last year. Must have been the first one was to show him how valuable a spare is and the second to show him unforgiving the country is. . .

Thanks for the advice, my general rule of thumb is to always have two spares out in that country- rather not learn a lesson the hard way.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom