Antelope B&C Score?

jims

Long Time Member
I have a question regarding B&C antelope score. I just harvested a buck that has the 3rd circumference measurement below the prong. According to what I read on the score sheet it states that if the 3rd measurement is on the prong that this measurement is taken immediately above the prong. My bucks 3rd qtr hits below the prong and I'm curious if this is where the measurement is taken? I know SCI the measurement can be taken below the prong, but I'm not sure about B&C?

I believe the measurement can be taken under the prong, as long as it is solidly under the prong. If the measurement lands anywhere on the prong, it must be taken above it.

nmtaxi is exacyly right for B&C scoring. P&Y only allows D3 above the prong.

JB

Last year I had a client with the same scenario. I called a B&C scorer and he said it had to be above the prong. I suggest you talk to B&C.

Check this link for what you need.
http://www.boone-crockett.org/bgRecords/bc_scoring_pronghorn.asp?area=bgRecords&type=Pronghorn

fca2e9e9.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Oct-04-03 AT 06:50PM (MST)[p]Jims

As an official Boone and Crockett measurer, I can answer your question. If the third circumference measurement lands on the prong, Boone and Crockett requires the measurement to be moved up to the nearest point above the prong. If the 2nd circumference lands on the prong, then you must lower the measurement to below the swell of the prong.

Kirk Kelso

hey kirk not to get off the subject but i need to have my goat scored from last archery season,i no it will make book but would like to enter it in b&c and pope and young is there anyone in phoenix to score it or can i make an appointment with you. thx

Kirk,
The 3rd qtr measurement of my antelope does not land on the prong. The 3rd qtr measurement is below the swelling of the prong. From what I've read in the handbook, the measurement can be taken at this point below the prong since it doesn't land on the prong or prong swelling? Thanks!

Jims,

I still think I'm right but I'll send an email to Jack Reneau with Boone and Crockett to ask him. I'll let you know what he says.

Kirk Kelso

hunter1,

Try these guys,

Mike Cupell at 602-945-8100
Robert Stonoff at 480-967-6326
William Keebler at 602-433-9077

If they can't do it, let me know, I would be happy to measure it for you.

Kirk Kelso

Jims,

You are right! If the 3rd quarter measurement comes below the swelling of the prong, then Boone and Crockett will accept the measurement there. Please note that it must come below the swelling of the prong, not just below the prong. Jack said that Boone and Crockett has done some research on this abnormality in antelope and they think that one out of 1000 could have measurements such as this. I'd be interested in seeing a photo of your buck as I've never seen one that could be measured this way.

Thanks,
Kirk Kelso

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom