Antelope, Elk and Sheep Question

pschultheis

I am sure this has been covered before, but. If you draw one of these and decide you cannot make the hunt prior to sending DFG your money and you allow the tag to go to an alternate, will DFG award you a point. This year, not knowing what is happening for me in other states just yet I just don't know that I could give an elk or antelope hunt the respect and time they deserve.

I really want to throw my name in the hat but won't know what I can and can not handle between now and when these apps are due.

Thanks for thie incite. I will call fish and game tomorrow but feel like I have seen this answered in the past.

Thanks again,

Paul

From the book!........
"No. If you do not purchase the tag, you will not lose your preference points."

Last year when I drew my elk tag the letter said that I would loose my points but get one for this year. If you don't think you can hunt I would do points only.
Jay

If you do not purchase the tag for antelope, elk, sheep then you will not lose your points. It is in the booklet on page 15. Deer works differently because you have already technically purchased the deer tag to apply in the drawing. The other ones are just applications not the actual tag. Hope that makes sense.

Joe

Like "tuleelk" stated per page 15 and first question answers this question...if you don't buy the tag, you do not loose your points.

Brian
xvvgp.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom