Antelope From a Blind

hikenhunt

If your hunting Antelope from a blind is it OK to wear camo or would it be better to wear dark clothing to blend in with the blind background ???

Yes, It's Ok to wear camo. The main thing is to make sure it is dark as possible inside the blind.

I wear camo, but I just keep the blind as dark as possible inside....and keep all the windows behinds alomost closed all the way.

I've hunted antelope out of a blind for a while now and have found that dark camo colors and black work really well. As the guys before have said....just make sure the inside is dark and you are as dark as possible. Keep the shooting hole and all other flaps covered or as small as possible to reduce light from entering.

probably doesnt matter much, but i wear black or something dark. some of my buddy's have shot antelope from their skivies (i hope because it was hot out)! just dont be moving around too much when they are coming in. also, as said above, dont get caught between 2 open windows. close all the windows behind you.

Travis
www.RidgelineOutdoors.com
Blacks-Creek Packs Dealer

Wearing either one will work fine. Black tends to hide you better inside a blind. One thing to remember is stay in the back half of the blind and limit movement. I like to wear black but always keep camo with me for that opportunity to get out of the blind and do a spot & stalk on an animal that may not come into range for a shot.

Jared "J-Rod" Bloomgren

www.myspace.com/jaredbloomgren
http://www.camospace.com/Bloomgren

"Getting close to game undetected and maintaining self control while delivering a well placed shot are the true keys to bowhunting success." -M.R.James

I always wear black in a blind now. I have noticed they cant see you nearly as good when you move to get ready than they can with camo on. and antelope pick up any movement so i would wear black if thats the color of the inside of your blind.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom