Antelope help

Robiland

Very Active Member
I was just notified by the mail and my credit card that I drew an alternate antelope tag for unit 61-64, 71-73. I called and asked what had happened and I was lucky #1 on the alternate tags.

So i have a friend out there that is helping me out from Elko, but looking for advice on what size to expect and quality and quantity? I have never hunted anything in Nevada yet and only have passed through 2 times. Ive been applying now for a few years. So thanks to any of you that are willing to help out.

That's a really cool surprise for sure!

I had that tag last year and my brother has it this year

The more time you have to give the hunt the better which will allow you to be more selective. I would guess that if you find a group of lopes there is likely to be one nice buck in lithe group. And most if the solo bucks will be average. I only hunted one day last year saw 7 bucks all but one was solo. The one that wasn't was a real nice one but I had already tagged out.

The best thing that your friend can offer is to be a good navigator to get you around all the dirt roads.

I agree with what he said. The more time you have and the more mobile you can be the better. There are lots of antelope scattered over a large area, and I have not ever seen them concentrated in any particular area. I have seen them though in some oddball places while elk and deer hunting in the area. Mohagany covered ridges, fir tree pockets and mountain meadows. Look everywhere until you find the one you want.

Good luck.

Thanks for the help and all the PM's guys. I have 2 weeks from today and for some reason I am pretty darn excited. Like I said before, I have never hunted Nevada but love to hunt antelope.

I did hear that there was a significant number of pronghorn captured and relocated from that area. Should be interesting to see how it goes for everyone this year.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom