Antelope Island

Anyone get lucky and draw the Antelope Island shed hunt? I'd think there should be a good chunk of whites there but it probably gets picked over pretty good.

You would think there are a lot of sheds laying around (and there should be) but a few have helped themselves to most of them out there and ruined it for those who abide by the rules. Most shed hunters will leave empty handed this year. I was a draw Hunter at the Island a few years ago and had access to the backcountry for 6 months to scout. There is a shed from my buck laying out there, but I did not draw for the shed hunt. I'd really like to be able to retrieve the shed. I'd pay up for someone's pass (or even use it for the last few hours of the day) buy the shed or trade it for another shed if someone can retrieve it. It's been sitting for a few years now and pretty crusty so it may just be an average shed to most.

You would think there are a lot of sheds laying around (and there should be) but a few have helped themselves to most of them out there and ruined it for those who abide by the rules. Most shed hunters will leave empty handed this year. I was a draw Hunter at the Island a few years ago and had access to the backcountry for 6 months to scout. There is a shed from my buck laying out there, but I did not draw for the shed hunt. I'd really like to be able to retrieve the shed. I'd pay up for someone's pass (or even use it for the last few hours of the day) buy the shed or trade it for another shed if someone can retrieve it. It's been sitting for a few years now and pretty crusty so it may just be an average shed to most.
Were you allowed to collect sheds while your were scouting/hunting?

I am one of the “lucky” ones that got drawn. We will see how it goes. Not sure what to expect but either way it should be a good time. Hopefully will have something to share in a couple weeks.
Do you have some idea of where you are going? Would be worth a couple bike rides and hikes even if you have some idea where you want to go...

Do you have some idea of where you are going? Would be worth a couple bike rides and hikes even if you have some idea where you want to go...
I went out today but with the weather it was hard to stay very long. Hopefully I can get out at least one more time before the 16. I’m open to suggestions if you have any Feel free to message me.

There is a strict policy at Antleope Island that you cannot pick up any artifacts or natural resources of any kind in the backcountry of the Island.
Past Rumors, Keeper of the Island and his few select friends have the brown.

IMG_0844.png

Could we please see some pictures of your Buck

My son and I drew out. There will be antler to find. I did find the email that was sent a little odd.
“It has been three years since holding this event, so ideally, there should be plenty of sheds. If not, please know that it is not DNR staff who are out collecting those sheds. We have cited individuals in the past for illegal collection, and continue to watch for that happening.” 🤷‍♂️

My son and I drew out. There will be antler to find. I did find the email that was sent a little odd.
“It has been three years since holding this event, so ideally, there should be plenty of sheds. If not, please know that it is not DNR staff who are out collecting those sheds. We have cited individuals in the past for illegal collection, and continue to watch for that happening.” 🤷‍♂️
Well....how'd it go?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom