Antelope unit 21 camp spots needed

bigbrowns

I drew Antelpe unit 21 for the first time. I would like to find a camping spot that is near a creek or river so I can do some fly fishing in the evening. I heard there was a camp ground in Kayce that is on the Powder River. Does the Powder River offer good fly fishing? Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Adam

There is a KOA Camp Ground right there in Kaycee but fills up fast. Do a GOOGLE and then call. The fishing I can not help you on that subject.

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

Most of the public land to hunt is on the South end of the unit. I have hunted 21 about 10 times, but never fished when I was there. Lots of DIY camping on the south end.

DZ

You can also stay at the KC RV in Kaycee. Call Christy she can set you up. Nice place I will be there 3rd week of October also. As far as fishing I have no idea, it looks fishy if you drive east out of Kaycee towards Sussex but I think all of that is private so you would need to check it out.

If you drive west towards Barnum you might find something, think there is a park up towards there that has fishing.
Good luck - its a fun area to hunt, hopefully you have access in 21 it can be tough otherwise and be careful to watch the weather it gets bad quickly that time of year.

I'm not sure exactly where the best parts of the Powder are, but I've heard it's supposed to be one of the better streams in the state.

Three of the four tributaries North, Red and Middle forks of the Powder River all have excellent fishing at times, but almost exclusively near and in the mountains. Private land there is a big issue. Look into paying a fee to camp and fish, other than that, hike into Outlaw Canyon. Either way, that will most likely be a drive from where you will be antelope hunting.

Hunt your antelope, then go to Casper and fish the best trout stream in the country; the North Platte River. Plenty of float trips available, too.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom