Antelope unit 56

adirondack

My wife and I drew antelope tags on the "Doherty investment Co" ranch. Just wondering if anyone has any general info to share. It is in unit 56. Has it been a good late winter/early spring for horn growth this year? Thank you, Rob

Can't help you with your hunt, but this might put the conditions into context:

droughtmonitor_zps876a396c.jpg
[/URL]

Rob, Doherty is a good ranch lots of goats... more rain than last year SO FAR... Horn growth will be about the same as average. Most bucks get wacked before they reach there potential. Bur any goat tag is a good one... have fun and try to hold out for a good one.
Jack

How did you find your ranch assignment so quick? They must be doing it differently than in years past. It used to be that you would get ranch assignments in the mail about 2 weeks after the draw.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-23-14 AT 06:44PM (MST)[p]flyfish, log into your account and go to "my purchases." It will give you the option to print your license, click on that button...your license will open...under your hunt information it will list the GMU and ranch name to which you have been assigned...

Adirondack, there are lots of goats in 56...never been on that ranch but I always see them in that unit...last year in 56 I drew the bowtag and saw one herd with over 50 bucks in it, missed my only shot later in the day on a buck at 75 yards...my daughter drew the same unit youth hunt on the Chavez Mountain Corp Ranch and g/f drew the Kennedy #2, not sure where they are yet but anxious to find out, call the landowner/manager, and ask if I can drive around the place to check out some animals...good luck on your hunt...

Thanks for the info. Just out for some fun! If I can find a good one that will be awsome, if not it will still be fun. What is the best way to get more info on ranch location and such? Good luck on the tags, antelope aren't sheep or elk but it's still hunting and a great animal for young and new hunters for sure. Rob

Rob...the game and fish will send a copy of a map of the ranch...you can also find out the acreage, ranch managers name and number, and the number of tags they were given this year from the game and fish website...your ranch information is:
56-19828 DOHERTY INVESTMENT CO. JIM DOHERTY #3 OTTO PLACE CLAYTON, NM 88415 (575) 374-9707 RO 15,697 (deeded acres) 5,373 (public land) 21,070 (total acres) 21 0 0 (private tags mb/f-im/es) 7 0 0 (public land draw licenses mb/f-im/es)

Carlos

ixsolracxi, send me a PM. I can tell you what I know on this ranch.
NMbghuntr

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom