Antelope unit help with 3 to 4 pref. pts???

MITROLL

Any thoughts on what unit to burn 3.5 pref. pts in for antelope? This would be a DIY, public land hunt for 2 people. Units I have in mind would be 64,67, 62 114. Any thoughts on these or other units with good public access and decent trophy potential would be great. May try and combine with Muley hunt if dates line up. We have 3 pts for a deer hunt. Small trespass fees for private land would be ok too. We only get to come out every 2-3 years, so we like to make the most of it. Thanks again for any info. Brian

I have hunted antelope in a half of dozen differents units and with time and pateints a good buck can be had in any of them.
A good mule deer is another story.Public land mule deer is hunted hard and a goodbuck is possible,but I have never took a good buck on public land.Look into private for deer,you will have a happier hunt.

With your points You should be able to draw any of the units you mention except you might have to go in the special draw to get 64. All are good units. As far as Quality goes I'd say 64, 62, 67, 114 in that order. There aren't nearly as many goats in 114 as in the others [ no water ]. All of these units have a ton of public land and walk - in areas so you won't have to pay any tresspass fees. The best Deer/ Antelope combo would be unit 67 Antelope / unit 90 deer. However I think you'll need max points to draw unit 90 Deer. GOOD LUCK. Chip

Thanks guys. I will keep this in mind. I am trying to start my research on where to hunt next fall with the points I have for deer and antelope. I may just do one or the other and keep building pts on the one I don't draw. I would love to do a deer antelope combo if possible. Thanks again. Happy New Year to all. Brian

Do them separate. Get a couple of doe antelope tags for each hunt. You can get some extra meat for the freezer, have 2 quality trips, and concentrate on getting a really good buck of whatever species you draw rather than feeling rushed to shoot one so you can start hunting the other - just my .02 Chip

Thanks Chip. That sounds like a good idea. It would be nice to get some extra meat after tagging out. Brian

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom