antelope unit with 3 pts for 2013

LouieT

A buddy and I each have 3 pts for antelope and are non residents. We were thinking of applying for unit 67 or 68 in 2013. Does anyone have any suggestions on a good unit for antelope that we can draw with our points? Thanks for any advice.

I would wait and see what the price increase is going to be next year. If it goes up as much as their sayn, it could be a game changer.

Do a search on here for info on 67 and 68. Lots of info. Both units would fit the bill. I think the price increase will be effective for 2014, not 2013.

Need more than 3 pp to either of these two units, and yes if the price changes for tags etc. it will take effect in 2014.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

Maybe I am reading the odds report incorrectly but in the special draw isn't 3 pp 100% in both units? He didn't mention anything about the special draw but it doesn't appear to be out of reach if they are willing to do the special draw. I could easily have read the report wrong so please correct me if I am wrong.

The G&F is already predicting die offs with deer and antelope given our poor range conditions. If we have a really bad winter, might see significant tag reductions in some areas.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-29-12 AT 04:20PM (MST)[p]Download the odds reports for both regular and special. Hi lite the units you can draw with 3 and then sort by "perceived" quality. The ones you can barely draw will generally be a little better.

You should draw 67 with 3 and 68 is a lock, both in the special side of the draw.

It will be interesting how things pan out with tag allocations next year...3 points might not get 67 or 68.

I and my sons hunted unit 67 years ago ,before they started the point system and it was a great hunt.we all took nice buck antelope and passed on some that would go the same maybe larger.all on public land.If you draw a tag for there ,it shold be a good hunt.
Good luck with your decision.

67 is still a fun hunt with lots of goats. They have significantly increased the tags over the past 3 years which has hurt the quality somewhat.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom