Antelope with two preference points

S

SteelieP17

LAST EDITED ON Jul-12-07 AT 03:53PM (MST)[p]Hey all, I was wondering if somebody could help me out with a question. What is the best limited entry antelope tag I can draw in the state with two/max preference points? What units hold the best B&C trophy potential? And what about access, i.e. public land, trespass fees, etc. Any help for planning next season will be greatly appreciated.

I took my largest antelope in area 47 the last week of October,hard area for a non resident to draw but potentional is good for a great animal.Mostly public land ,I saw 200-300 animals a day,had my pick of nice bucks.

Unit 47 was 100% for non-res special license in '06.

Most will tell you that the south central units 57, 58, 60, 61 are your best bet for a big goat. Mostly public land and world class Antelope hunting.

Draw odds in those units for non-res. special license varied from 6% - 17 % in '06.

Your next best bet would be southwest units 90 -95. Lots of goats and pretty good access in most areas but not as many really big goats. Draw odds varied from 32% -58 % in '06. You could probably draw one of those units with 2 pref. points.

Generally speaking the drawing % goes down as the amount of public land and big goats goes up.

Remember that 2 pref points is max and there are a lot of guys holding their points for those premium units so the odds of drawing those aren't going to improve much for awhile. However, no one has a better chance than you !!

For more complete draw info go to huntodds.com its a great info site for questions like yours.

GOOD LUCK. C.C.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom