Anti-Hunting Bill Passes California Senate

Horniac

Very Active Member
I just received this e-mail. This is not good news for us hunters!

U.S. Sportsmen?s Alliance
801 Kingsmill Parkway, Columbus, OH? 43229
Ph. 614/888-4868 ? Fax 614/888-0326

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE????????????????????????????????Contact:? ?? Mike Faw (614) 888-4868 x 214
May 21, 2012 ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? Sharon Hayden (614) 888-4868 x 226
Anti-Hunting Bill Passes California Senate

(Columbus, OH) ?California Senate Bill 1221, a bill that will ban the use of hounds to hunt black bears and bobcats, passed the state?s Senate today. The passage of SB 1221 by the senate casts a dark cloud over the future of all hunting and wildlife management in California.? Senate Bill 1221 passed with a vote of 22 to 15 in favor.

The bill, which is sponsored by the radical animal rights group Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), triggered a strong outpouring of opposition from California sportsmen and women, plus sportsmen?s organizations, in the state and nationwide. The U.S. Sportsmen?s Alliance (USSA) denounced this retaliatory wildlife management bill that was created when HSUS could not have a state game commissioner removed for his legal mountain lion hunt. ?As the bill moved forward from introduction and through the hearing process, hundreds of opponents wearing orange ?NO on SB 1221? buttons also packed the corridors of the capital to let their Senators know they opposed this anti-hunting bill.?

?The California Senate today chose retribution and revenge over sound science-based wildlife management,? explained Evan Heusinkveld, USSA?s director of state services. ?Despite having a Fish and Game Commission explicitly designed to handle these questions free from the politics of the statehouse, the California Senate voted in favor of a hunting ban.?

USSA has been working with the Masters of Foxhounds Association, California Houndsmen for Conservation and the California Outdoor Heritage Alliance to defeat SB 1221.

Fast Facts on SB 1221

The bill would outlaw the use of hounds to hunt bears and bobcats.
Hunting bears and bobcats with hounds has been legal since the state formally organized a game commission and established game management and hunting laws.
Hounds are actually used in wildlife management practices and projects.
Hunters using hounds to pursue bears actually take fewer bears than is recommended by the state?s game department.
This bill is being pushed by the radical animal rights group?the Humane Society of the United States?the same group that has pushed anti-farming and puppy mill bills in California in the past.
?

--30--

Privacy Policy | Unsubscribe

If they can't outlaw hunting, they will take it away little by little. Combine that with taxing it,until you can't afford to hunt anymore.

what a shame ! we didnt reach the quota last season with dogs, now we will never fill it . while us hunters are working & making a living the anti's are are flooding the court houses because they dont work, just protest ! we are slowly losing.

Every one who hunts California needs to buy a bear tag and lets see how they like it!

We need to complain long and loud at our elected representatives. I called Sen. Leland Yee's office a few days ago to oppose the firearms conversion bill that he authored, and when his staffer asked if I'd like to state the reason for my opposition, I started with the fact that it only applies to law abiding shooters and hunters, but then expanded. I told him that in this day and age of Sen Yee and his colleagues totally F'ing up the finances and so much more in California, that perhaps they should spend their time fixing what they screwed up instead of attacking law abiding, tax paying residents of this state.

I think the time has come that we all need to tell them we're fed up with the BS on how they have time to spend attacking hunting, fishing and firearms ownership instead of focusing on what is way more urgent, the finances of this totally F'ed up state.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom